MATCH: Halifax Town (A) 12/03/24

A relief that I don't have the stress of yet another hoof-ball horror show and no confidence that pitch will ever be fit to play football on it. Could be out of the playoff zone by the end of play tomorrow.

29 minutes ago, Wardie said:

A relief that I don't have the stress of yet another hoof-ball horror show and no confidence that pitch will ever be fit to play football on it. Could be out of the playoff zone by the end of play tomorrow.

And if we are it will be fully deserved. 

• Bender unfeatured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

As this is the start of the rugby season and plenty of time to complete their fixtures and the football season has a deadline to finish why are they allowing this?

Can't just not play if the pitch is good to go on the day.

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Can't just not play if the pitch is good to go on the day.

Yes but I don't think you can say that is good to go. It must have been 50/50 to play even for rugby so I think common sense should come into the considerations for playing the game.

They’ve got to play 3 games in 6 days on that pitch starting Wednesday. Surely any sort of rain on the day puts any of those games in doubt. 

Are the allowed to ask to play the game elsewhere? A few in NLS like Truro and Taunton I believe have played at Gloucester due to their pitches. They could ask to switch it to BP to give them a better chance of winning?

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, daniel said:

Are the allowed to ask to play the game elsewhere? A few in NLS like Truro and Taunton I believe have played at Gloucester due to their pitches. They could ask to switch it to BP to give them a better chance of winning?

There's not really been much of a precident at our level and higher though, has there? They've left zero wiggle room on this though. Could be a Monday, Thursday, Saturday run of fixtures for them. It needs looking at by the NL though. That they've not got a pitch fit for purpose is nothing short of a disgrace, as much as they'll blame the terrible weather. 

Where would they play a rearranged match anyway? Has to be all kinds of logistical issues given the crowd is much higher than the 30 or so fans it would affect in Truro's case.