MATCH: Rochdale (H) 06/04/24

Build the midfield around Lundstram, find a player like Gardner who can stay fit. Find a player similar to Mcgahey who can sit, pass and wants the ball.

the midfield has looked a lot better without the anti footballer Sheron in there. 

5 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Build the midfield around Lundstram, find a player like Gardner who can stay fit. Find a player similar to Mcgahey who can sit, pass and wants the ball.

the midfield has looked a lot better without the anti footballer Sheron in there. 

One good game and you want to build a team around him… I’d rather have 11 Sherons!

8 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Conlon for Gardner. Then a proper footballing holding mid. 

12 minutes ago, latics22 said:

One good game and you want to build a team around him… I’d rather have 11 Sherons!

I like Sheron he always gives 110% but When Sheron came on for Gardner today we lost control of the midfield and we saw less of the ball. I'd have him in instead of Mcgahey. I'd certainly keep him around as he's clearly a good team player he will play anywhere and just get on with it. But next season if we want to get control of games I think we are going to need a better player in there.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Sheron still managed to come on today and pump the ball into a channel for nobody. Does it every game. Doesn’t think just twats the ball, usually ending in the keepers hands or centre backs head. 

Sooner we are rid of him the better. 

26 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Has it?

26 minutes ago, latics22 said:

And with your mentality we will never go up. Just runs around but zero footballing ability 

13 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Sheron still managed to come on today and pump the ball into a channel for nobody. Does it every game. Doesn’t think just twats the ball, usually ending in the keepers hands or centre backs head. 

Sooner we are rid of him the better. 

Exactly just panics on the ball 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Apart from scoring goals, and playing 60 yard pass assists - yeah he’s shit. 

Sheron isn’t shit. He gives his all. It’s just that if we want to have a proper crack at the title next season we need an upgrade on him. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Conlon for Gardner. Then a proper footballing holding mid. 

Conlon has looked awful each time I have seen him. Lundstram has looked like a bog standard non league player but it seems he had a better game today. If we want to get out of non-league we really do need far better midfielders than those we possess currently. Why do people think these same players are going to suddenly change? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Sheron isn’t shit. He gives his all. It’s just that if we want to have a proper crack at the title next season we need an upgrade on him. 

Which is fine and understandable- saying he’s shit as some have or singling him out when he’s contributed more than than any other midfielder is nonsense. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

Conlon has looked awful each time I have seen him. Lundstram has looked like a bog standard non league player but it seems he had a better game today. If we want to get out of non-league we really do need far better midfielders than those we possess currently. Why do people think these same players are going to suddenly change? 

Conlon has pedigree at a higher level. There’s a reason he’s not played well so far. It’s up to the coaching staff to work out what that is and fix it rather than just making an absolute judgement that he’s shit and needs binning off. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Kept the ball a lot better against two possession sides 

Great points haul from them. He's been involved in our only convincing wins this season. He grafts. He tackles. He presses. He gets the ball more than any other midfielder so will make more mistakes

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

Conlon was excellent against Barnet at home, then that was that really 

33 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Which is fine and understandable- saying he’s shit as some have or singling him out when he’s contributed more than than any other midfielder is nonsense. 

He’s shit. 

Don’t you criticise Norwood? He’s contributed more than any other player on the pitch all season. 

Nathan Sheron is an absolutely shit central midfielder. He can run, but he can’t pass or look after a football. 

We have struggled in midfield ever since he’s been ever present, open your eyes. 

• Like 1

If ever a manager didn't want to win a game this was it.  1 1 from half time and going nowhere so what did he do wait until the 89th minute before making changes and then he removes our two best players!

Mellon says they are not good enough.  He has fulfilled his own prophecy.

We have now tried a new to management signing and a been there done it manager and neither has worked, so far, but Mellon will no doubt get the opportunity to make a mess of the 24/25 season.  I hope it comes right but fear it will not.

Time to relax.

54 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Kept the ball a lot better against two possession sides 

Completely agree with this. The control of the midfield hasn’t been the issue the last two games. It’s been the lack of any creativity out wide or in midfield. But we havnt been overran in midfield. 

3 hours ago, Wardie said:

Chance has gone now but we win the next three anyway.
Kiddie will beat Halifax this evening.

Well, the latter part went to shit.
Watched the game and thought both sides were absolute cack.
We must be really bad.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

I like Sheron he always gives 110% but When Sheron came on for Gardner today we lost control of the midfield and we saw less of the ball. I'd have him in instead of Mcgahey. I'd certainly keep him around as he's clearly a good team player he will play anywhere and just get on with it. But next season if we want to get control of games I think we are going to need a better player in there.

Many like sheron. I can see why. But we won’t achieve anything with him in the team regularly.