Dickov to Huddersfield

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not flapping like most - as I don't think Dickov is the messiah by any means. i think he's doing a very steady job and if he went in the summer I wouldn't be worried. It'd be "thanks, I'd rather you have stayed, but that's life".

If he was to go now - I think we might have a fight on our hands if the players heads drop.

I'm not flapping like most - as I don't think Dickov is the messiah by any means. i think he's doing a very steady job and if he went in the summer I wouldn't be worried. It'd be "thanks, I'd rather you have stayed, but that's life".

If he was to go now - I think we might have a fight on our hands if the players heads drop.

If (and a mighty big if at that) he was to go, he would leave the club with a much better playing squad than when he arrived.

I think he's building something pretty good here - you'll never be able to get instant success at a club like ours, so we have to build year on year.

Dickov goes and you can guarantee that there will be absolutely no chance of us holding on to the success stories from this season like Cisak, Simpson, Wes, Furman and Kuqi, etc.

I think he's building something pretty good here - you'll never be able to get instant success at a club like ours, so we have to build year on year.

Dickov goes and you can guarantee that there will be absolutely no chance of us holding on to the success stories from this season like Cisak, Simpson, Wes, Furman and Kuqi, etc.

That's my main worry too - keeping the nucleus of the squad together. If we can't do this then the past 2 seasons will have been pointless.

I don't think Hudds will opt for PD but this does raise an issue with regards his contract.

We have obviously given PD his chance in management where he has been able to make his mistakes whilst still retaining the support of the club and vast majority of fans.

He obviously owes us nothing and I'm sure nobody would deny him a move to a bigger club if/when one comes calling.

What would be our entitlement when the inevitable does happen though - is he still on a 'rolling' contract?

Edited by OAFCKeepTheFaith

I can't believe anybody on here is taking this seriously for a single second. Huddersfield have just sacked their manager for "under achievement" despite being 4th in the league as they are absolutely desperate for automatic promotion. I rate Dickov very highly, especially after some of the nuggets that went before him, but so far he has achieved ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in management so why on Earth would Huddersfield want him? :blink:

Wish that was on Betfair. I'd lay it till my gums bled.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if they actuallyu went for Dickov. They clearly need a man with a proven promotion record. The clear favourites who are available are Grayson and Bruce and would be a statement of ambition from their owner.

If he goes it'll be a loss for us. He's done very, very well with a drastically reduced budget and has managed to bring in quality from higher divisions through good contacts and has a good eye for a player. I just hope the next man has similar attributes.

I think Dickov would be great for Huddersfield, he's the type of manager that seems to suit what Huddersfield are at the moment. We might be in the same league but Huddersfield are sadly light years ahead of what we are currently off the field. With that backing and Dickov's belief and motivation in his squad it could be a winning combination for Huddersfield. Huddersfield fans seem to think Dickov is negative but we all know his type of football is not that at all and I'm sure the board at Huddersfield are well aware of that.

Hope it is Grayson now.

I think Dickov is decent, but I don't think he's the right man for us, or that we are the right job for him.

Or Di Matteo, but he doesn't even feature on the SkyBet odds.

You have aspirations of becoming an Oldham fan dont you? You are welcome but your sister must stay at home! :grin:

Hope it is Grayson now.

I think Dickov is decent, but I don't think he's the right man for us, or that we are the right job for him.

Or Di Matteo, but he doesn't even feature on the SkyBet odds.

But you're the mighty Huddersfield? Surely Guardiola or Mourinho would have to think if they were offered it

Strange hype this one. Latics have some pretty decent players and yet have conspicuously failed to challenge the top half of the table, while regularly throwing in :censored:e performances in key games.

If they go down that route I'll be astonished.

Given the circumstances Dickov has had to manage under here, the type of club I imagine that are more likely to come in for him are a club who need someone able to make the most of a limited budget, as opposed to someone like huddersfield who have a fairly big budget, but expect the results to match this.

Be a very good appointment I'd of thought, would be happy with that if I was an Udders fan

He'd certainly fit the criteria of doing well with plenty of dosh to play with. And whilst I've always regarded Grayson as an arrogant knob, his record is pretty good. Anyway, Udders can have who they want as long as PD stays with us.

Far too obvious a fishing expedition.

Not really. I can see why someone might want to see the back of Dickov. Not that I agree.

I think there's a lot of value in the stability that comes from sticking with a manager. But, whilst many people don't like to hear it, Dickov hasn't really achieved anything at Latics yet. Yes, he's shown signs of real promise, and he certainly talks a good game, but he's also demonstrated serious shortcomings. It all comes down to whether he can recognise and address those.

As long as we look like staying in League One, I'd be happy to keep faith with him.