• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Zorro, the big point is, why spout on here how :censored:e the Trust is, as an unknown when you can go along in person. What is laughable the main critics shy away from their big chance to actually man up and go. If they then come back saying I told you so, They'll have my respect and ears in future.

I haven't seen one person on here put themselves forward to challenge Barry, not :censored:ing one!!

Real's done the face-to-face meet with Rick and got no answers. He wrote an explanatory post about it yesterday, which you dismissed.

Also, why would anyone's point have more credence simply because it was presented in person? It's a lazy argument. Similar to the one you allude to in your last sentence. Do all the people who feel the Prime Minister is doing a bad job have what it takes to run the country? No, but some people will have valid points that could/should be taken on board.

As it stands I'm indifferent to the current Trust situation. I have no strong feelings either way, but if I did I couldn't do a thing about them as I live a couple of hundred miles away. If I did have some valid feedback, apparently it would be worthless, as I couldn't give it in person. That's simply the wrong way of looking at it.

I'm thinking now it's more a jealous thing with Barry,s position for certain people on here

I'm not sure about that. I think people genuinely want the trust to mean more than it does right now. I don't have the time nor the inkling to take the job on, the least I can do is defend anyone's right to speak out on any forum.

Good luck to all.

I just want to know when the 'rep' on the board of OAFC is up for re-election!

I am not the worlds greatest note taker, and I don't know if the notes taken on behalf of the trust will be documented and publicised in some format.

Tbh I was hoping to concentrate on the meeting but if I get chance to and if it's not raised, I will see if I can get a response for you

If I take brief notes will this help? Note to me write a disclaimer to say I might have taken this down wrong.

agree in part but not questions on here under anonymous user names. If people have the bottle to put themselves up to be shot at then they at least deserve the respect of knowing who's doing the shooting.

What does that matter? A reasonable question is a reasonable question however it's delivered, anonymously or otherwise.

You could even argue questions can be more measured and to the point via a messageboard like this than verbally in a pressurised situation where you've got your hand up struggling to get your 10 seconds.

The same could go for the answers.......

Real's done the face-to-face meet with Rick and got no answers. He wrote an explanatory post about it yesterday, which you dismissed.

Also, why would anyone's point have more credence simply because it was presented in person? It's a lazy argument. Similar to the one you allude to in your last sentence. Do all the people who feel the Prime Minister is doing a bad job have what it takes to run the country? No, but some people will have valid points that could/should be taken on board.

As it stands I'm indifferent to the current Trust situation. I have no strong feelings either way, but if I did I couldn't do a thing about them as I live a couple of hundred miles away. If I did have some valid feedback, apparently it would be worthless, as I couldn't give it in person. That's simply the wrong way of looking at it.

Fair enough, we've debated our points.

Nigel may have well spoke to Rick...probably stood in the Chaddy end somewhere. I think Rick is just pissed off with the hassle in truth. It's clear Nigel's position on the trust, nothing good to say full stop, I can imagine the tone of the chat in the Chaddy.

No Zorro, the big point is, why spout on here how :censored:e the Trust is, as an unknown when you can go along in person. What is laughable the main critics shy away from their big chance to actually man up and go. If they then come back saying I told you so, They'll have my respect and ears in future.

I haven't seen one person on here put themselves forward to challenge Barry, not :censored:ing one!!

This is why I never go to these things.

It was a cringy cock measuring, grandstanding contest last time I did. Barry being the main grandstander.

Sounds like you think that's the way it should be.

Dave, I am big enough to hold my hand up, that I in the past I did indeed once get the wrong end of a post you once posted during JKLatics days and replied to you in a manner you refer to above. I apologise for that.

I don't know you personally nor did I seek to speak with you in person so to make a judgement on a message board is clearly wrong. I am with you there. Just gets right on my nerves you had some of the main critics now shying away from attending with hollow excuses, Priceless

Accepted. Thank you

In a public meeting that's got minutes? really?

Oh, I didn't know the meetings were all fully minuted. I must have missed them when trawling the trust website?

Anyway, the Trust have told me many times that a face-face is the way they engage. So I did. But they just deflect every question with either "can't tell you that, it's secret" or "it's on the website" - even though it isn't. Now, YOU say that it's an AGM (What prompted the AGM to be held? What prompted the website to be "updated"? What is driving almost every visible aspect of the trust, limited though it is?)

Tell me what other organisation expects people to jump through hoops if they want to know more before they join? It's an idiotic approach, but one you apparently agree with.

But not everybody is the type to go along and speak in front of a room full. Especially if it's likely to be confrontational.

Should those people not be allowed an opinion or a say?

I'm much keener on written communications than standing up and speaking and letting people hear my squeaky voice. They laugh even when I'm announcing a death in the family. "They" being the family.

There's space for both.

I sense matters coming to a head. In a way we're lucky because this is all going on at a time of relative peace (safety (in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit), stable management team, new stand with exercise bikes and great acoustics, new loan signings to look forward to next season etc.) If this was happening in a crisis it would be absolute bedlam.

It's a question of managing change. (Hi Zorrro!) We have a (big) opportunity to move from a generally unsatisfactory situation to a more amenable one without a massive drama. The public meeting is part of that and as many people as possible should take the chance to get involved and shape as they would like it.

Oh, I didn't know the meetings were all fully minuted. I must have missed them when trawling the trust website?

Anyway, the Trust have told me many times that a face-face is the way they engage. So I did. But they just deflect every question with either "can't tell you that, it's secret" or "it's on the website" - even though it isn't. Now, YOU say that it's an AGM (What prompted the AGM to be held? What prompted the website to be "updated"? What is driving almost every visible aspect of the trust, limited though it is?)

Tell me what other organisation expects people to jump through hoops if they want to know more before they join? It's an idiotic approach, but one you apparently agree with.

Nigel I have constantly harped on, go along, join the trust and change from within. And :censored:ing less of calling me an idiot

I wonder if Barry wasnt close to simon and helping him out whether or not simon would have jacked it in by now.

Imagine if everyday barry turned up. simon do this simon do that. why has the stand not been built. why we still in L1. why why why who what where how.

if barry helping simon helps the club and keeps us going then barry is doing his best for he fans.

I wonder if Barry wasnt close to simon and helping him out whether or not simon would have jacked it in by now.

Imagine if everyday barry turned up. simon do this simon do that. why has the stand not been built. why we still in L1. why why why who what where how.

if barry helping simon helps the club and keeps us going then barry is doing his best for he fans.

Absolute bollocks! Simon would just find another washer-up!

So, not only do you have to have face-face meeting, and turning up at the AGM now isn't enough, you have to challenge Barry; otherwise you haven't "manned up" - where the hell is the ordinary fan in that then Craig?You've gone fully native with the Trust now, deep into their blinkered thinking.

You can't see that Barry has turned what should have been a half day a month role(FANS REP) into a full time job to stop anyone else from applying?

Laughable? it's bloody hilarious.

What constituency are you r standing in at the next elections, 'cos you're always bleating about PC/loony left, but I've never seen you "man up" on that one. Hypocritical?

Edited by real

Nigel I have constantly harped on, go along, join the trust and change from within. And :censored:ing less of calling me an idiot

So, on reflection, you don't think that those hoops are an idiotic way to encourage people to join? You really think that to find out anything before joining you have to attend a once a year opportunity to be able to ask what the trust does? So, you think that the membership drive should last just a couple of hours a year? I said the approach was idiotic. If you agree with it, you're putting the label on yourself.

And, you know what, you don't mind dishing out with a bit of calling me cheap, but yet again, when you get some back, you start moaning.

Fair enough, we've debated our points.

Nigel may have well spoke to Rick...probably stood in the Chaddy end somewhere. I think Rick is just pissed off with the hassle in truth. It's clear Nigel's position on the trust, nothing good to say full stop, I can imagine the tone of the chat in the Chaddy.

I love the way you think that you have some sort of gifted insight. Are you psychic?

You haven't got the first clue about how I put my questions to Rick; you haven't even got a clue about where it took place. But that doesn't stop you from drawing some random conclusions. I could copy and paste the facebook chat, but why the hell should I bother, when you have already imagined what it was like? In turth you need to look at yourself and realise that a bundle of prejudiced views is not the same as imagination.

Every step I have taken you have dismissed as insufficient. You've called me "cheap, very cheap", a blusterer, a detractor and alluded to me and others by various critical phrases.

One thing that was hilarious (imho) about my chat with Rick was that at the very end a trust member came over to Rick and "hey up rick, what's going on with the trust? We never hear anything as members!" - I think that told me even more than the deflection.

Not suggesting that the trust does not need to communicate better but I don't think a messageboard is the place. When I was involved pre-trust days I was accused of being a prime driver of the race riots, told I was personally corrupt and was informed many times i was only in it for myself (and that's a euphemism). I don't see why anyone should put up with crap like that from keyboard warriors that go under made up names. It got to the stage where I was at games wondering who was who and whether any of the accusers would go further than a keyboard and it certainly played a role in my interest diminishing somewhat.

To the best of my knowledge I have never met anyone who is involved in the trust and I hem would not presume to speak for them but from postings on here that some of them have similar feelings.

What like WardleLatic and Sheridan's world?

I've been called a rude name by one of those users on here, for merely pointing out his inability to do maths, (or his misunderstanding of either what is funny or the word nominal). Co-incidentally a few weeks later this http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/82525/trust-director-on-fraud-charges became public knowledge. Funny that.

All this talk about having bollocks, manning up, meetng face to face.... It's clear it's just one big testosterone filled event that isn't going to end well for anyone rocking the board :P

It's all very aggressive lol

Edited by oafc0000