Lee Croft signs 1 year deal (plus option for one extra)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers.

Can't say I'm overjoyed with this signing. We all know what he is capable of its just a matter of Croftys attitude. Could turn out to be a great signing, could be a disaster.

Nowhere to hide with 4 stands next season. Welcome home lad

Agree, whilst it is a fair signing, providing Good Crofty turns up, I cannot fathom those going overboard though or criticising those that are not overwhelmed with excitement.

Didn't Barry say we were after a brute...!

Lee Croft has been getting progressively more overweight in the past 2 seasons with St Johnstone. He would be a terrible signing

All those deep fried kebabs and pizzas will do that to a man.

We'll soon have him whipped into shape.

Edit: He did play with Holden in his first spell here.

Edited by deyres42

If I recall correctly.... didn't LJ have a fall out with him for attitude/fitness and a barbed comment regarding certain footballers enjoying the lifestyle of being a footballer more than the football itself being attributed in some quarters to Croft..... also wasn't there a he said she said exchange over whether he had received a contract offer from the club or not...?

His run and cross to Obita vs Everton was a joy to watch and he's got loads of experience which could prove useful indeed. Like others, I hope DK and DH et al ensure all of the attitude/fitness questions are put to bed early.

Agree, whilst it is a fair signing, providing Good Crofty turns up, I cannot fathom those going overboard though or criticising those that are not overwhelmed with excitement.

Didn't Barry say we were after a brute...!

He didn't meant a brute of a winger, although at some points in his career you could probably label Crofty a brute given his size. This does pave the way for an enormous striker given his ability to cross a ball. I do associate Croft with a team of underperforming losers so I'm not that enthusiastic about this either.

And I'm slightly disappointed by the idea he will replace Poleon, who I thought was growing into the winger role toward the end of the season.

If I recall correctly.... didn't LJ have a fall out with him for attitude/fitness and a barbed comment regarding certain footballers enjoying the lifestyle of being a footballer more than the football itself being attributed in some quarters to Croft..... also wasn't there a he said she said exchange over whether he had received a contract offer from the club or not...?

His run and cross to Obita vs Everton was a joy to watch and he's got loads of experience which could prove useful indeed. Like others, I hope DK and DH et al ensure all of the attitude/fitness questions are put to bed early.

LJ fell out with him cos he wore an earring - first thing the little hitler did was order him to remove it

And I'm slightly disappointed by the idea he will replace Poleon, who I thought was growing into the winger role toward the end of the season.

The difference between Poleon and Croft is that, whilst Poleon has pace to burn, he's a bit of a headless chicken. He doesn't pick the pass or cross that Croft will because he doesn't get his head up. If Crofty can stay fit and at the right weight, he'll bang it on to the head of a big lump of a CF all day long. Hows about Forte on the left, Crofty on the right and Poleon plus big lump down the middle? Just a thought.