Lee Croft signs 1 year deal (plus option for one extra)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just impressed we made a signing so early on in the off season. Don't we normally wait till a week before kickoff?

Most players hold out for the best deal but after not getting a contract at Leyton Orient, Rochdale and wherever else he had a trail at the other year, he was probably just glad to get a job near to home.

Obita was never offside.

ITV freeze framed it after the ball had been released by Croft, not as he played it.

He covered a LOT of ground very quickly too .. always make me laugh when he went to celebrate with our fans and forgot that Everton were in the large section of the Rocky! Ha ha ha Stood his ground tho

Interesting that it sounds like this was Dean Holden's deal rather than Kelly's.

Maybe they're more of a team than we've been told.........?

Or maybe Kelly is a new breed of non ego-maniacal manager respecting his subordinates ideas and opinions.....

Or maybe none of that....

Interesting that it sounds like this was Dean Holden's deal rather than Kelly's.

Maybe they're more of a team than we've been told.........?

Or maybe Kelly is a new breed of non ego-maniacal manager respecting his subordinates ideas and opinions.....

Or maybe none of that....

Guarantee if it goes well then it will be an inspired Kelly deal, not so well and Holden will cop the flak.

If the stories are true that Croft was the first player that LJ chose to make his mark on (and probably had already earmarked him for going out of the door) & now he's the first signing for Kelly then it certainly would seem to signify something in terms of approach.

Again, I'm not sure what that is though.

From his second spell, Croft was superb in the second half of the season. I remember hom being far and away the stand out performer against promotion chasing Yeovil.

If the stories are true that Croft was the first player that LJ chose to make his mark on (and probably had already earmarked him for going out of the door) & now he's the first signing for Kelly then it certainly would seem to signify something in terms of approach.

Again, I'm not sure what that is though.

From his second spell, Croft was superb in the second half of the season. I remember hom being far and away the stand out performer against promotion chasing Yeovil.

It was all a bit strange. He got rid of the player of the season who was also the dressing room comic. But, he claimed he'd offered him a contract, a claim deined by Crofty.

Judas really is a snidey characterless :censored:.

Great news for local craftsmen bakers but no issues with him re signing never let us down think comments re LJ will be right wanted him out..... Feels older than 29 but has experience and will do a good job.

Experience is very true, he's played 340 games including as Subs.

It was all a bit strange. He got rid of the player of the season who was also the dressing room comic. But, he claimed he'd offered him a contract, a claim deined by Crofty.

Judas really is a snidey characterless :censored:.

Thing is I bumped into Croft in Dukes 92 in pre-season and had a brief chat with him at the bar. He had nothing but positive words to say about LJ...

Just watched the interview, he says he scored one goal for us, I can't remember when/who it was against? Can any one remember it?

1st or 2nd game i think in his first loan spell about 17 years ago now it seems. cup match away to non league, tele game

He went up north, to Scottish :censored:e

But Crofty said, he saw the light

Bring him back, the Oldham harked

And he ran back to Boundary Prk

He loves Oldham, he loves Oldham

He loves Oldham and he loves Oldham

Reading the article in the Chron there are some comments that could make 'He hates Johnson' just as appropriate as he loves Oldham...