Questions for Corney at the Q&A

Unable to go to this due to work commitments and I'm not paying £65 to ask a few questions to him but if someone who is going would be kind enough to ask these questions I've drafted up and post his answers on here that would be fantastic.

1. Explain the past 2 years at Oldham Athletic & the decisions made in that time, which were nothing but disastrous under your tenure.

2. North Stand and Brass Brank LTD. Where exactly is the money going? SportsDirect.com name money? Will or has OAFC see/seen any of this?

3. Attendances have dropped by nearly half over the past ten years. Some would say this is down to you. How are you going to get these people back?

4. Selling the club. For many years you have said you have wanted to sell & walk away? Why hasn't this happened yet? Asking too much money? Attract more interest to the club?

5. Why is it that you never seem to show any degree of care or interest towards the club & it's fans? Are you actually just content with purely existing as a football club or do we have a long term plan?

6. Who is now in charge of the day to day running of the club now we have no chief executive?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unable to go to this due to work commitments and I'm not paying £65 to ask a few questions to him but if someone who is going would be kind enough to ask these questions I've drafted up and post his answers on here that would be fantastic.

1. Explain the past 2 years at Oldham Athletic & the decisions made in that time, which were nothing but disastrous under your tenure.

2. North Stand and Brass Brank LTD. Where exactly is the money going? SportsDirect.com name money? Will or has OAFC see/seen any of this?

3. Attendances have dropped by nearly half over the past ten years. Some would say this is down to you. How are you going to get these people back?

4. Selling the club. For many years you have said you have wanted to sell & walk away? Why hasn't this happened yet? Asking too much money? Attract more interest to the club?

5. Why is it that you never seem to show any degree of care or interest towards the club & it's fans? Are you actually just content with purely existing as a football club or do we have a long term plan?

6. Who is now in charge of the day to day running of the club now we have no chief executive?

1 2 and 3 plus 5 and 6 will all be answered by waffle.

Just concentrate on number 4!

I'll ask them for £40....?

When asking question 1 you could ask if we were so on our arse last December that we needed to borrow £241k from Necarcu Ltd and if we should expect to do need to so again in the near future?

Also, you could ask why have clubs in the last 5 years on their arses like Rotherham, Bournemouth (before they left League One), Grimsby, AFC Fylde to name some managed to obtain outside investment whereas can name a list of Directors brought in to do this but have failed miserably. Ask Simon if it bothers him that a portion of fans feel he has failed miserably.

Throw in names like, Barry Cheytow, Mike Newton (twice), now Antony Gee. MTK Hungaria link up could be mentioned too. All failed appointments by one man who can't find investment to take us forward. Also make the point Bury and Scunny are top two so the attendances theory goes straight out of the window.

Edited by boundaryblue80

:censored:house

Throw in names like, Barry Cheytow, Mike Newton (twice), now Antony Gee. MTK Hungaria link up could be mentioned too. All failed appointments by one man who can't find investment to take us forward. Also make the point Bury and Scunny are top two so the attendances theory goes straight out of the window.

We all know that Bury are mortgaged to the hilt and Scunny have massive investment-they publish their full accounts which tell even the colour of the cleaning ladies knickers. Bad comparisons those 2.

You said you were quitting after Chedgate, why didn't you?

You said the stand and sports direct money would put us at the upper end of the division budget wise, why hasn't the happened?

You said the stand would be finished over 12 months ago, why isn't it?

You choose Darren Kelly, What were you thinking?

Then choose David Dunn as his replacement, amazing!

Why did Shez want to join a league 2 club?

Why do you think our attendances have halved since you took over the club?

Did you choose the company that tarmaced the car park, it's a mess?

Can you tell us good decisions the club have made in the past 3 years?

You said you were quitting after Chedgate, why didn't you?

You said the stand and sports direct money would put us at the upper end of the division budget wise, why hasn't the happened?

You said the stand would be finished over 12 months ago, why isn't it?

You choose Darren Kelly, What were you thinking?

Then choose David Dunn as his replacement, amazing!

Why did Shez want to join a league 2 club?

Why do you think our attendances have halved since you took over the club?

Did you choose the company that tarmaced the car park, it's a mess?

Can you tell us good decisions the club have made in the past 3 years?

Building the new stand without any cash and still sustaining a league one team

Bringing in Shez

Bringing in Lee Johnson

Backing managers who want to pay fees above our budget

I don't get this Corney bashing, unless we get a multimillionaire the next guy in will just be the same. People expect miracles from a 3,500 attendance team. Be happy that we have a new stand, be happy that we have a team competing in a league that has at least 15 bigger teams than us. I don't know what more you expect from this football club?

Building the new stand without any cash and still sustaining a league one team

Bringing in Shez

Bringing in Lee Johnson

Backing managers who want to pay fees above our budget

I don't get this Corney bashing, unless we get a multimillionaire the next guy in will just be the same. People expect miracles from a 3,500 attendance team. Be happy that we have a new stand, be happy that we have a team competing in a league that has at least 15 bigger teams than us. I don't know what more you expect from this football club?

Why do we get 3100 home fans on an average saturday now. We were getting double this not long ago

Why are there 20 clubs with bigger gates?

We are now compared in size with the likes of Rochdale. That wasn't the case 8 years ago.

Why should I be Happy with that?

I don't want to watch my team in an empty stadium fighting relagation every year. Corney and Co have lead us here.

Edited by NIKI1234

You've got to admire Corney for putting himself in the firing line, however, It's more than likely not to be an open forum and the questions will be written down beforehand by punters on the day. He'll probably just answer the one's he's comfortable with....

....Can you imagine a true open forum...it would develop into a slanging match and totally out of hand!

Edited by oafc1955

Happy :censored:ing clappers will be the death of this club, stop blaming the 5000 who've jacked it in since these clowns have been in charge for our failings.

The way the club's run from top to bottoms a joke. I've personally accepted that nothings going to change on or off the pitch but please stop trying to defend the clown who calls himself our chairman he provides us with little to be happy about.

Why do we get 3100 home fans on an average saturday now. We were getting double this not long ago

Why are there 20 clubs with bigger gates?

We are now compared in size with the likes of Rochdale. That wasn't the case 8 years ago.

Why should I be Happy with that?

I don't want to watch my team in an empty stadium fighting relagation every year. Corney and Co have lead us here.

Do you really need to ask him the first two? No coincidence that the biggest falls in our average started when Blitz and Gazal left. Also I doubt it is a coincidence that us, Bury and Rochdale have three of the lowest average attendances in the league.

Rochdale currently have their version of Royle. When he left they dropped like a stone and returned to bottom half of league two. It'll happen again when he leaves again.

Happy :censored:ing clappers will be the death of this club, stop blaming the 5000 who've jacked it in since these clowns have been in charge for our failings.

The way the club's run from top to bottoms a joke. I've personally accepted that nothings going to change on or off the pitch but please stop trying to defend the clown who calls himself our chairman he provides us with little to be happy about.

Coincidence that we went from top-half/play-off challenging to relegation battling when the two with the money left? Corney has his many faults but if you brought back Blitz & Gazal funding the playing side of the club then we'd be back to top half/ the odd play-off challenge...

What's a happy clapper? Often wondered that, as they get so much stick.

You've got to admire Corney for putting himself in the firing line, however, It's more than likely not to be an open forum and the questions will be written down beforehand by punters on the day. He'll probably just answer the one's he's comfortable with....

....Can you imagine a true open forum...it would develop into a slanging match and totally out of hand!

It is only for the Hospitality Guests paying £78 a time.

Ask him were we are up to with the new scoreboard and what happened to the previous scoreboard fund, a straight answer please will do not the bull:censored: he fed us for two years about the half finished North Stand.

How about turn up yourself! Oh wait that would mean supporting the club! Some absolute weapons on here.