Questions for Corney at the Q&A

It was your post that I replied on, whereby you implied that some people think that we should push for promotion even if it means bankrupting the club. Check back, I even quoted your post!

Nobody had said that on this thread I think, and certainly not I.

You now seem be tossing your dummy out of the pram because I pointed out that the two dont have to be directly connected.

You then resort to insults and tell me that they dont have to be connected. So we agree on that now then?

Then you quote 'other people.' Stick to the topics and points being discussed rather than referring to these 'other people,'

First of all you insulted me twice in this thread alone from memory so I didn't resort to insults I returned fire and asked you to stop.

I mentioned the stupidity of some fans that would risk the future for one promotion push. In was in responce to another poster bemoaning the fact that Bury could could top tommorrow in which i posted about their crowd size & FFP.

You then asked me why wouldn't fans want to push for promotion. To which I said that's what I want but wouldn't want to risk the clubs future for a chance of it (like f'kn Bury)

As I said...

Lay off the insults and read my posts and others related to them properly as the discussion didn't just start when you decided to reply to my every post. I don't look forward to you inevitably smart arse reply...

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lay off the insults and read my posts and others related to them properly as the discussion didn't just start when you decided to reply to my every post. I don't look forward to you inevitably smart arse reply...

I think that you should just write off today as one of those days.

I apologise for comparing you to one of the Tory 'girlies' on Question Time.

Andy Hall

What a day. At the start of the season I were one of many who were all against what we thought why is Corney ar the the club and when he seemed to back Robinson and thought credit where credit due but I shouldn't have guessed or belived only what I read.
Today ive seen him in the bank . We spoke for a while about the club and I was shocked when he then said I want you as a fan to see what im doing here. He had a meeting the Bank where he transferred £140 thousand pound to the club from his own personal account because the club doesnt have the money for wages so he has covered it from his personal account. He spoke about all sorts wages, land and fans. He didn't hold back and I suggest to fans including My self don't judge someone until you meet them yourself. The fact is he let Me into his bank meeting and said I was his friend when the bank guy asked it was ok that I were there.
Today I seen a guy save the club I love becauses if he didn't pay that there would be no more Oldham Athletic.

14441216_10209228446700890_6443521621366
from the face book link posted earlier
On one hand you have to appreciate people who invest in something we love to such a degree
On the other you want to slap SC for so many incompetent things he has done or allowed to be done
frustrated beyond belief :dntknw:

So, Corney has told a random fan he bumps into in the bank "Ive just put £140k into the clubs account"?!

I believe the poster, he sits near me and is a genuine latics fan. I believe that's what he was told.

Even if it is true and Corney was not lying, it means payments are late. It means the club is acting hand to mouth. It is not a good sign.

Edited by pukka

So, Corney has told a random fan he bumps into in the bank "Ive just put £140k into the clubs account"?!

I believe the poster, he sits near me and is a genuine latics fan. I believe that's what he was told.

Even if it is true and Corney was not lying, it means payments are late. It means the club is acting hand to mouth. It is not a good sign.

I don't believe any of it because we have already been told by the trust rep and others that the budget has been increased, so why would Corney need to put in £140k?

I don't believe any of it because we have already been told by the trust rep and others that the budget has been increased, so why would Corney need to put in £140k?

Because income within that budget is less than planned.

£140k is a sum that I'd estimate our monthly wage bill to be.

Because income within that budget is less than planned.

£140k is a sum that I'd estimate our monthly wage bill to be.

If you are right that he needs to put the entire wage bill in from his own pocket, then takings must be barely covering all other costs. That suggests we are in trouble - purely based on your conjecture

If you are right that he needs to put the entire wage bill in from his own pocket, then takings must be barely covering all other costs. That suggests we are in trouble - purely based on your conjecture

I'm sure things are difficult financially when we only got 3100 at the last home game. How would u change this?

Another factor is that today is the 1st of the month, so payday likely to be yesterday (as indicated by a few of you) However, there is a game today. More related to better cash flow I think. Not that it is much of a better sign.

Answering my own question, Not sure how many pay on the dayers we would get. but even if it's 1,000 that is only £25k, not the full £140k.

And it's only October.

But it depends when other FL money comes in I suppose.

I still thunk it might be more cash flow rather than cash shortage for the whole, because the season ticket money was only received a short time ago.

Could you ask the fan if there was £140K left in the private account for next month?

I still thunk it might be more cash flow rather than cash shortage for the whole, because the season ticket money was only received a short time ago.

Am I missing something here regarding the ST monies which I thought came in within March/April?

Back on topic - will someone ask him how many members the Trust has got?

I would have thought that was more a question for the Trust-or perhaps not?