Questions for Corney at the Q&A

Love the fact that you basically think that if they don't agree with your views on Corney they don't give a :censored: about the club and its future.

Half these folk weren't around for stop the rot! don't really know who Chris Moore is or the history and some of them want Corney gone for anybody, anybody at all because 'at least it will be exciting'.

I love this club and have done for 35+ years, I want the best for it but I don't agree with everything you say about Corney or the club. That doesn't mean I haven't had questions and you'd have to be a :censored:in moron not to question any new owner who throws cash about or makes unpopular desicions, whatever the case may be (look at Bury). Tomorrow many have that chance for the first time but like always have nothing but excuses not to.

Love the fact that you ridicule anybody who doesn't agree with your rosy view of him

Love the fact that you think people haven't asked questions in the past & got nowhere - and in doing so, you think they should now pay a :censored:load of money to go ask again and get nowhere

I don't believe I have asked you to agree with me. But I haven't told you to shut up with your views either like those who think he has done a good job have. Or if they don't say shut up, they love to ridicule others. And then get upset when ridicule is returned in their direction.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and there is a story doing the rounds on twitter and face tube that paints Simon Corney in a really bad light. Deserves no credit at all that fella...

you mean this https://www.facebook.com/groups/1711140049112252/permalink/2022970874595833/

wasnt going to say anything this morning about the fact my partner aint got paid for her matchday shifts at the OEC as it her first payment so may have been a cock up but now things make sence

Edited by peanuts

Love the fact that you ridicule anybody who doesn't agree with your rosy view of him

Love the fact that you think people haven't asked questions in the past & got nowhere - and in doing so, you think they should now pay a :censored:load of money to go ask again and get nowhere

I don't believe I have asked you to agree with me. But I haven't told you to shut up with your views either like those who think he has done a good job have. Or if they don't say shut up, they love to ridicule others. And then get upset when ridicule is returned in their direction.

How have I ridiculed people for their view!? I've been insulted on here for having a differing view to others many times & I don't believe I've ever said he has done a great job either!

Many on here have never approached SC or asked a single question, I'm afraid that's a fact and that's who im talking about. The other thing those who have get an answer, don't follow up on his reply but scream liar on a messageboard...

You insinuated that those who don't agree with you on this (and previous) don't give a :censored: about the club. Those who don't go to Boundary Park for reasons other than financial struggles don't give a :censored: about the club.

I hate that so many get on their high horse but would be willing to risk the clubs complete future for one push at promotion!

Now you are turning into 1 of those Tory girlies who appear on Question Time and think that the answer to every question is to quote an extreme example of what could possibly happen if there was any element of risk.

Why should we all not want 1 push at promotion? Every 20 years perhaps. Maybe every 10 years.

Well it aint happening this year is it? We have been set up to fail this season unless the manager performs miracles which he just might.

I see another Director has resigned this week.

Now you are turning into 1 of those Tory girlies who appear on Question Time and think that the answer to every question is to quote an extreme example of what could possibly happen if there was any element of risk.

Why should we all not want 1 push at promotion? Every 20 years perhaps. Maybe every 10 years.

Well it aint happening this year is it? We have been set up to fail this season unless the manager performs miracles which he just might.

I see another Director has resigned this week.

Speaking of ridicule and insults. You sound like a dick head but I don't feel the need to tell you everytime I post. Let's leave the insults and just assume we both know eh?

I don't want to risk the future of the club to push for promotion & I think anybody that does is a bellend! However that doesn't mean I don't want promotion!

You really should read what I post properly! There are people who want Corney gone and would happily have a make or break season.

Edited by palmer1

How have I ridiculed people for their view!? I've been insulted on here for having a differing view to others many times & I don't believe I've ever said he has done a great job either!

Many on here have never approached SC or asked a single question, I'm afraid that's a fact and that's who im talking about. The other thing those who have get an answer, don't follow up on his reply but scream liar on a messageboard...

You insinuated that those who don't agree with you on this (and previous) don't give a :censored: about the club. Those who don't go to Boundary Park for reasons other than financial struggles don't give a :censored: about the club.

I agree with that last point. I've been an ST holder long before him, am an ST holder in-spite of him and will be one a long time after him. I don't understand how starving the club of much needed money resolves the situation no matter what people think. It makes it worse.

With regards to ridicule...while the protest group was hastily set up and run a bit loose in some respects, they still had the right to protest and with good reason (IMO.) Yet received dogs abuse...some of it from some people I know were involved in Stop The Rot and who have sat with myself in the boardroom in the past. If I'm wrong, then correct me but I can imagine you yourself will have ridiculed the group (going off what I am reading in your posts.)

PS I just want us to be better run and stop sending existing fans packing with bad decisions. Like not signing murderers and rapists (my own views, not getting into them discussions again) I've given numerous examples elsewhere...my biggest single annoyance is the lack of promoting games properly around the 3 main road-arteries the club sits inside of. Small but significant, easy steps that are painfully obvious but the club ignore to do. Instead, we will just live in the fear-factory for years to come. The Brexit debate fearmongering has nothing on Uncle Simon.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I agree with that last point. I've been an ST holder long before him, am an ST holder in-spite of him and will be one a long time after him. I don't understand how starving the club of much needed money resolves the situation no matter what people think. It makes it worse.

With regards to ridicule...while the protest group was hastily set up and run a bit loose in some respects, they still had the right to protest and with good reason (IMO.) Yet received dogs abuse...some of it from some people I know were involved in Stop The Rot and who havfe sat with myself in the boardroom in the past. If I'm wrong, then correct me but I can imagine you yourself will have ridiculed the group (going off what I am reading in your posts.)

I didn't agree with the group but I wasn't against them either. I also thought it was organised very badly. When I asked questions which were not ridiculous I was blocked from the Facebook group. Along we a good few others I think.

Whilst I dont agree with palmer1 on the majority of things, he's hit the nail on the head earlier on in the thread, lots of latics fans have a lot to say but lack the bollocks to do anything about it. It's easy to moan on her and on Twitter etc. I'll hold my hands up the protest group could and should of been organised better Ive never done anything like that but I was damm sure I wasn't going to be one of these who moan and do :censored: all about it. In my defence I said from day one if any one wanted to take over and run it better they could, and guess what not a soul stepped forward. As a result I :censored:ed it off and so far this season Ive done 3 games, am just losing interest and tbh it's not just the way the clubs run that :censored:s me off it's some of our pathetic fans. We don't have to agree but I had death threats this summer and some of the vile insults I see over the Internet is a disgrace.

Edited by Aarondo Westy

I think we need to understand that the majority of people don't hold the guy as either a saviour or a saint but hold him somewhere in the middle. Yes he needs to be held to account on things and on various mistakes questions can be asked if it's done in the right way. Perhaps if that Protest group was led by more articulate leaders then they may have got the answers they were looking for. It was instead lead by young lads who do care about the club passionately but had no idea how to probe the club for answers.

While I never truely believe everything I read on Social media their is no reason why that story on Facebook isn't genuine and I would imagine it might not have been the only time SC has coughed up for things out of his own pocket. I reckon their are issues at the club we are not always aware of.

Anyone going to this should go and be prepared to ask questions but be open minded I don't think he's as bad as some people think and he is a human being remember.

Perhaps the answers are as I've made up below:

1. Explain the past 2 years at Oldham Athletic & the decisions made in that time, which were nothing but disastrous under your tenure.

While I admit that mistakes have been made, we now have an operational North Stand, generating new revenues. Darren Kelly didn't work, but John Sheridan did.

2. North Stand and Brass Brank LTD. Where exactly is the money going? SportsDirect.com name money? Will or has OAFC see/seen any of this?

The North Stand was built with increased debt. Some of the new income is used to service that debt. OAFC continues to receive rents from tenants in the new stand. Brass Bank is a non-trading holding company that owns the land the stadium is built on. This is an arrangement that protects the football club.

3. Attendances have dropped by nearly half over the past ten years. Some would say this is down to you. How are you going to get these people back?

It was costing my business partners over £500,000 a year to remain involved. If I can find new backers prepared to invest in the club and willing to pay a fair price for it I'll sell.

4. Selling the club. For many years you have said you have wanted to sell & walk away? Why hasn't this happened yet? Asking too much money? Attract more interest to the club?

See my previous answer,

5. Why is it that you never seem to show any degree of care or interest towards the club & it's fans? Are you actually just content with purely existing as a football club or do we have a long term plan?

See my answer to question three. I do care passionately about the club and fans.

6. Who is now in charge of the day to day running of the club now we have no chief executive?

Neil Joy is working his notice.

Speaking of ridicule and insults. You sound like a dick head but I don't feel the need to tell you everytime I post. Let's leave the insults and just assume we both know eh?

I don't want to risk the future of the club to push for promotion & I think anybody that does is a bellend! However that doesn't mean I don't want promotion!

You really should read what I post properly! There are people who want Corney gone and would happily have a make or break season.

It was your post that I replied on, whereby you implied that some people think that we should push for promotion even if it means bankrupting the club. Check back, I even quoted your post!

Nobody had said that on this thread I think, and certainly not I.

You now seem be tossing your dummy out of the pram because I pointed out that the two dont have to be directly connected.

You then resort to insults and tell me that they dont have to be connected. So we agree on that now then?

Then you quote 'other people.' Stick to the topics and points being discussed rather than referring to these 'other people,'

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Just had an email thanking me for booking hospitality in the OEC. I haven't but it was nice to get the thanks ?

I've just had that email too. If it's a response to me emailing them in February to ask if they were available for our wedding in June, it's a bit cryptic.

I've just had that email too. If it's a response to me emailing them in February to ask if they were available for our wedding in June, it's a bit cryptic.

I was told they had replied to all current enquiries. Maybe they had a trainee who only just reached the, "send," button on his Outlook course and was wondering why he had 7000 windows open on his PC

here is the chance to get your point across.

here is your chance to ask Corney the hard hitting questions

here is your chance to look Corney in the eye and call bull :censored:

here is your chance to tell Corney you want him out of the club in person

yes it will cost but its the chance many have been waiting for...

how many on here are going?

how many are going to moan on here and kid themselves that actually going to the game but not buying a beer in the new stand makes a difference?

how may are moaning its al his fault while not going at all and wondering why we are struggling?

All bitch...no bottle!

well said, what's the saying put your money where your mouth is , and at least buy a beer.