Questions for Corney at the Q&A

You've got to admire Corney for putting himself in the firing line, however, It's more than likely not to be an open forum and the questions will be written down beforehand by punters on the day. He'll probably just answer the one's he's comfortable with....

....Can you imagine a true open forum...it would develop into a slanging match and totally out of hand!

Remember these are the supporters who've stumped up the money for 100 club and boxes - he'll be preaching to the converted....

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember these are the supporters who've stumped up the money for 100 club and boxes - he'll be preaching to the converted....

I dont think that the 100 club members will be included but I may be wrong.

If anyone does know that for definite could they say so please?

btw; totally agree with the converted bit

That is a bit of a generalisation seeing as you dont know anything about me but thank you for your sympathy.

By the way we could go bottom tomorrow. Is that irrelevant?

Your posts say everything I need to know! I'm sure you will take great pleasure in us going bottom as you feel it will prove a point.

So. you agree with me that it's not worth paying the £78 for the 'chance' to be included in the Q & A then?

I think it's a small price to pay to get all your questions to the man who you all think is holding your beloved club to ransom.

And I'm not sure it's £78 to ask a question...

I dont think that the 100 club members will be included but I may be wrong.

If anyone does know that for definite could they say so please?

You might be right actually - I'm sure someone told me they've recently erected a partition to prevent those pesky 100 club members from seeing the guest speakers that box holders can see (they can still hear them though :grin:).....

I could wait outside there today and have my two penneth but what would it achieve? The bloke is obviously oblivious to his failings and probably sees his tenure as some sort of success the blokes out of his depth has no time for the club yet is heralded as some kind of saviour, I will go and support my team and live in the hope that one day he will do the honourable thing and :censored: off.

You are really starting to lose the plot this season.

You have said it yourself 'its the chance.'

That is all that it is a chance of being allowed to ask a question, yes 1 question, and an even lower chance of getting a detailed reply.

£78 to listen to a load of bull. That will buy plenty of bottle(s) thanks.

I last attended a forum at Radclyffe School where I asked a number of questions relating to the FAILSworth move. I got a load of piss and bull:censored: then. I was told that Boundary Park being upgraded was impossible. That it was move to FAILSworth or die and there was no other option. It was complete bull:censored:. A lot of the answers were. Just like those who have asked about the Sports Direct money and it supposedly propelling us up a level from swimming in relegation in League One. I decided after that Radclyffe School meeting that asking anything at these forums are utterly pointless. I've heard the question "is the club and land up for sale together" ducked a hundred times. He loves banging on that the club is up for sale...we all know it is and that it owns sod all. Getting a straight answer about the land being up for sale is impossible though. As is finding out how big the black hole his 2 mates want repaying is and how long it will be before it is ( worked out through projected incomings from the OEC.)

But you're not allowed to be concerned about this according to the apologists. Often, it tends to be because they don't give a :censored: and are just bothered about the 90mins and little else. It's nothing new...these same folk scoffed at Stop the Rot, SAFE and anyone who questioned Chris Moore back in the day.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I last attended a forum at Radclyffe School where I asked a number of questions relating to the FAILSworth move. I got a load of piss and bull:censored: then. I was told that Boundary Park being upgrade was impossible. That it was move to FAILSworth or die and there was no other option. It was complete bull:censored:. I decided thereafter that asking anything at these forums are utterly pointless. I've heard the question "is the club and land up for sale together" ducked a hundred times. He loves banging on that the club is up for sale...we all know it is and that it owns sod all. Getting a straight answer about the land being up for sale is impossible though. As is finding out how big the black hole his 2 mates want repaying is and how long it will be before it is ( worked out through projected incomings from the OEC.)

But you're not allowed to be concerned about this according to the apologists. Often, it tends to be because they don't give a :censored: and are just bothered about the 90mins and little else. It's nothing new...these same folk scoffed at Stop the Rot, SAFE and anyone who questioned Chris Moore back in the day.

Did they tell you it was why it was Failsworth or die?

It was all part of the rhetoric that Boundary Park was falling down and that there wasn't the room or inclination to build at BP. Constant fearmongering - the one thing our leader excels massively in. And it works tremendously! It was bollocks then and proved bollocks since as it's exactly what course they took after FAILSworth.

It was all part of the rhetoric that Boundary Park was falling down and that there wasn't the room or inclination to build at BP. Constant fearmongering - the one thing our leader excels massively in. And it works tremendously! It was bollocks then and proved bollocks since as it's exactly what course they took after FAILSworth.

What other choice did they have?

I attended that same forum. Failsworth was touted as the only option for a 24/7 operation in a purpose built stadium built from scratch.

BP was considered totally unsuitable. It is actually now proving to be so, solely since they cannot get the funds to finish off the biggest earning section.

I certainly don't doubt your sincerity and conviction . You often make telling points.

But such a sweeping generalisation is cobblers. Just because someone doesn't now think that Corney is the devil incarnate doesnt mean they don't care for more than on field success. Nor that they weren't supportive of Stop the rot etc.

Lashing out in your frustration achieves what? I'm sure everybody knows your views - and just because others have different ones doesn't make them the buffoons you suggest .

And please move on from that use of capital letters for Failsworth. What's the point of it now?

I've never got there early enough to see the pre-match speakers, I think they are on before 2pm, but 100 club members will certainly be able to see Corney if they do. They're in the same room and the partitions are fairly flimsy with plenty of gaps. I've stayed for a couple of the post -match presentations and, to be fair to the club, they removed the partitions for those so you can see them. I think the main purpose of the partitions is really to stop 100 club members wandering around the sponsors tables looking for somewhere to sit whilst they are having their meals.

It might be a bit livelier question wise than people seem to think. There are a few regular sponsors who will be more than happy to challenge Corney, especially after a few drinks.

I last attended a forum at Radclyffe School where I asked a number of questions relating to the FAILSworth move. I got a load of piss and bull:censored: then. I was told that Boundary Park being upgraded was impossible. That it was move to FAILSworth or die and there was no other option. It was complete bull:censored:. A lot of the answers were. Just like those who have asked about the Sports Direct money and it supposedly propelling us up a level from swimming in relegation in League One. I decided after that Radclyffe School meeting that asking anything at these forums are utterly pointless. I've heard the question "is the club and land up for sale together" ducked a hundred times. He loves banging on that the club is up for sale...we all know it is and that it owns sod all. Getting a straight answer about the land being up for sale is impossible though. As is finding out how big the black hole his 2 mates want repaying is and how long it will be before it is ( worked out through projected incomings from the OEC.)

Love the fact that you basically think that if they don't agree with your views on Corney they don't give a :censored: about the club and its future.

Half these folk weren't around for stop the rot! don't really know who Chris Moore is or the history and some of them want Corney gone for anybody, anybody at all because 'at least it will be exciting'.

I love this club and have done for 35+ years, I want the best for it but I don't agree with everything you say about Corney or the club. That doesn't mean I haven't had questions and you'd have to be a :censored:in moron not to question any new owner who throws cash about or makes unpopular desicions, whatever the case may be (look at Bury). Tomorrow many have that chance for the first time but like always have nothing but excuses not to.

Edited by palmer1

Look at Bury, home game tomorrow and if they win it they will be top of the table a quarter of the way into the season on smaller crowds than us, now I keep reading on here how they are up :censored: creek and they are spending above their means but there's only one club in this division who pay their staff late on a regular basis, who has to take out bridging loans to operate and generally don't have a pot to piss in yet have millions of pound of debt hung round their necks.

Using Bury to compare is frankly laughable when we are so badly run, we have better crowds with more lucrative sponsorship deals (sports direct) yet find ourselves unable to compete outside of the bottom three budgets wise despite being promised a budget 18 months ago that would propel us up the table.

We've literally sold off every salable asset from players to managers including sell on clauses yet never seem any better off or any better equipped to move on.

God forbid anybody say Bury could be up :censored: creek when they buy players well above their means on smaller crowds than Oldham. That's makes so much financial sense and seems well above board in regard to FFP.

However please keep telling us how much :censored: we are in year after year day after day with an owner that doesn't give a :censored:.

Funny it's right there in your post. If we went top tomorrow with the turnover of player this season and the new manager many would STFU right away.

Edited by palmer1

Its right there in your post though! We wont go top tomorrow but we might go bottom.

So the real problem for most is the league position. I'm pretty sure when we move up the table the number of 'moaners' will drop.

I hate that so many get on their high horse but would be willing to risk the clubs complete future for one push at promotion!