Walsall on Saturday

Their little #10 is brilliant, an absolute joy of a player.

They picked him up from Peterborough as a free agent. No idea what his wages will be but I don't imagine Walsall pay that much. 14 goals from midfield. 49 in 78 for those virtue signalling non-league twats Tulsehill's ditched us for....

They're out there...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They picked him up from Peterborough as a free agent. No idea what his wages will be but I don't imagine Walsall pay that much. 14 goals from midfield. 49 in 78 for those virtue signalling non-league twats Tulsehill's ditched us for....

They're out there...

As much as it pains me to defend Mr T it's MarkOasis you want to be looking for there

Agree with everything Bosch put. Their little #10 is brilliant, an absolute joy of a player. And Tope was brilliant, shame he was so exhausted at the end, he was our main outlet.

And Holloway again, brilliant. Wins so many balls in the air, and needs more protection from referees, cause defences can't cope with him, physically. If we can get him scoring...

Look to have the makings of a good partnership those two...both very direct and very good on the ball. If we'd had them at the start of the season we would probably be up at the other end of the table.

Swindon 20 Shots to 4 & Bury 24 shots to 5 both lost today so we need to get them scoring...at this stage of the season it's goals that'll keep us up!

You wouldn't have known we had 10 men, even with 9 we still had a go.

I increasingly got the feeling another Chesterfield was on the cards until their pen.

We played better with 10 against a good Walsall side than we did against a poor Chesterfield.

Can't believe (well I can) that nobody has mentioned Obadeyi? He was fantastic..

Great freekick that skimmed the post, great run and shot at one point after he picked it up on the halfway line - happy to see we've now got two players who'll give that a go in TO and McLaughlin.

Ripley awesome as usual. From the poor vantage point I had I thought Gerrard had his best game since his return. He's clearly after a goal too.

The whole defence got more and more "thou shalt not pass" as the game went on and even after their penalty. Understandably they did pass again after Wilson went off.

Holloway was good - great effort second half that would have been a goal of the season contender had it gone in. I predict he'll notch against Bury.

Unlucky that Clarke or Gerrard couldn't get it over the line at 1-0.

All in all a very entertaining game despite this weeks latest dickhead of a ref (I'm not referring to the sending offs just his all round inconsistency & ineptitude).

There number 10 was good eh? The little bastard.

Very encouraging yet again - we'll be absolutely fine come the end of the season. I've finally given up on the playoffs though.

Some good points here but ruined by the description of Obadeyi as fantastic and Holloway as merely good. Completely and utterly the wrong way round.

AAH was immense today, if only other players (particularly Obadeyi today) could learn to anticipate his headers and flick-ons we would be much more dangerous.

The Croft foul was directly behind the pillar in front of me in the away end, so I can't comment on it, but if Shez thought it was a straight red that's good enough for me. We were inept for the rest of the first half at keeping possession, difficult as it is for 10 v 11. We dominated large stretches of the second half, and AAH and Obadeyi ran their nuts off. TO had a great free kick which shaved the post, but also another which went way wide. Great spirit once again, but in the final analysis lack of goals remains the sword of Damocles. 3 points v Bury now essential.

Ripley, Clarke yet again outstanding. Referee poor though I don't dispute the reds or the penalty.

Off the highlights it's hard to understand why Bakayoko hasn't been sent off as well. Wilson throws an arm out but Bakayoko appears to throw Wilson to the ground in the first place and then has to be restrained by his own player. Plus he was already on a yellow card?

Wilsons was a 2nd yellow. The other lad got a yellow as well but his 1st so both same punishment Wilson was just walking a tight rope!

Forgot to add, just before they went upfield and got their penalty, AAH practically had the shirt ripped off his back by a Walsall defender under the referee's nose, yet nothing given. The standard of refereeing in this league is absolutely abysmal.

I sat behind the referee's assessor today and, whilst on the whole he defended the referee, he did admit we should have had a free kick then.

I thought Crofts sending off was harsh but Shez thought it was fair, so can't really complain about that.

I thought we were excellent for the first 30 mins of that 2nd half, brave of shez to stick with 2 up front, the front 2 today were both excellent. However, last week we tried to throw it away and got away with it, today we've done the same and not got away with it, stupid tackle by Croft, their player is very lucky to not be badly injured, another stonewall peno given away and then Wilson gets a stupid 2nd booking, the referee was a bellend but we can't complain with any of the 3 key decisions in the game. We didn't deserve to get beat today, the difference was their number 10, who was unplayable at times today, I rated him at peterborough and was surprised when walsall got him. Other results were good today so no major damage, next weeks game is massive now, need 3 points.

Some good points here but ruined by the description of Obadeyi as fantastic and Holloway as merely good. Completely and utterly the wrong way round.

AAH was immense today, if only other players (particularly Obadeyi today) could learn to anticipate his headers and flick-ons we would be much more dangerous.

Ripley, Clarke yet again outstanding. Referee poor though I don't dispute the reds or the penalty.

Arent all referees at this level piss poor though?

These refs don't seem to like John Sheridan and his teams. What could he have possibly done to upset the referee fraternity?

To be fair, Croft's was a red, Wilson's was a red (he was daft to react), and it looked like a penalty. There were some odd decisions yesterday (when Green got clattered in the air, that should have been a yellow, or the drop ball should have been a contested one instead of getting lumped back to Ripley), but referees in the Prem are bad, never mind at this level. Mistakes are made.

Going further back, both of the Millwall penalties were penalties. The stand out bad decision in the last couple of weeks was the foul on Clarke for Northampton's goal.

I don't think there's substance to an Anti-Shez brigade.

To be fair, Croft's was a red, Wilson's was a red (he was daft to react), and it looked like a penalty. There were some odd decisions yesterday (when Green got clattered in the air, that should have been a yellow, or the drop ball should have been a contested one instead of getting lumped back to Ripley), but referees in the Prem are bad, never mind at this level. Mistakes are made.

Going further back, both of the Millwall penalties were penalties. The stand out bad decision in the last couple of weeks was the foul on Clarke for Northampton's goal.

I don't think there's substance to an Anti-Shez brigade.

It was said very much tounge in cheek... Edited by palmer1

I'm a bit late joining this thread, but I'll chuck my two pennorth in. At first, I felt Crofty had been unjustly sent off, as did a number of supporters sat close by. It looked like a 50/50 ball worth chasing, but he got the timing all wrong. As it was his first start for God knows how long, he'll have wanted to impress and get stuck in as he only has a contract to the end of the season. We know he's changed games when he comes on, so this was his chance to claim a place. Now I've seen it back again, it was definitely a red. Studs up challenge just below the knee. No wonder Shez was fuming.

As for the ref, I'm not sure which game he was watching. I'm still not convinced that Wilson's first booking was a yellow. It looked to me more like two players genuinely challenging. You see contact like that all the time, but not always a booking. Yes, he was daft to retaliate with Bakayoko, but he should have been off simply for "laying hands" on Wilson.

When Green got clattered on the side of his head, I'm absolutely convinced the ref blew up and indicated a free kick to us. I, and a few others, were gobsmacked when he gave their keeper the ball to give us it back. So that explains why no action was taken against Green's mugger. The foul on Holloway before they went up the other end and scored was so plain to see. Their man had more of Holloway's shirt than Holloway did. It was so obvious I can't understand how the ref and linesman didn't spot it. Having said that, the liner hardly gave a single decision without seeing what the ref was giving.

In the last few minutes during the mad scramble in their box, was I the only one to see Clarke's feet taken from under him? I'm convinced we should have had a pen, but he somehow gave them a free kick.

On the plus side, How good were Obadeyi and Holloway. Worked their nuts off all afternoon and Obadeyi's free kick deserved to go in rather than flick off the post. Clarke certainly got the ball when they got their pen, so another poor decision in my eyes. I'll take my blue tinted glasses off now.

Excellent performance that deserved more.