Walsall on Saturday

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

retaliated after a foul both got yellow second yellow so off he goes silly but it happens having seen the pic of crofts challenge he got everything he deserves could of gone for the leg breaker of the elbow

Commentary said it looked like croft got his studs stuck in the ground on the way to challenge the man. Photo on FB looks really nasty as it's crofts studs into the shin half way down.

Apparently the chap went over/onto the billboard too....yikes.

Yes, that tackle was that bad, furious with Croft, unprofessional and to do that so early in the game too.

Holloway immense today and they look a good pairing up front.

We were probably shading it after 15 and while it took a period for us to get a grip after the sending off we were then at least as good as they were for the rest of the half.

We looked more dangerous than they did in the second half with 10 but then Wilson had to go, two yellows were the right call.

A penalty changes things, right decision, but again we looked like we might get something from it. Killer blow at the end but it was a superb strike.

Edited by Stainrod

Croft's tackle was dreadful, he deserved to be sent off and I am furious. I look forward to going to a game, pay good money and some :censored: of a 'player' chooses to :censored: it up.

We hung in there well until the penalty despite this and had we had 11 players we would definitely have got at least a point ...

You wouldn't have known we had 10 men, even with 9 we still had a go.

I increasingly got the feeling another Chesterfield was on the cards until their pen.

We played better with 10 against a good Walsall side than we did against a poor Chesterfield.

Can't believe (well I can) that nobody has mentioned Obadeyi? He was fantastic..

Great freekick that skimmed the post, great run and shot at one point after he picked it up on the halfway line - happy to see we've now got two players who'll give that a go in TO and McLaughlin.

Ripley awesome as usual. From the poor vantage point I had I thought Gerrard had his best game since his return. He's clearly after a goal too.

The whole defence got more and more "thou shalt not pass" as the game went on and even after their penalty. Understandably they did pass again after Wilson went off.

Holloway was good - great effort second half that would have been a goal of the season contender had it gone in. I predict he'll notch against Bury.

Unlucky that Clarke or Gerrard couldn't get it over the line at 1-0.

All in all a very entertaining game despite this weeks latest dickhead of a ref (I'm not referring to the sending offs just his all round inconsistency & ineptitude).

There number 10 was good eh? The little bastard.

Very encouraging yet again - we'll be absolutely fine come the end of the season. I've finally given up on the playoffs though.

Edited by HarryBosch

I'm sure it was completely unintential.

Just a case of a stupid, mistimed over zealous tackle that deserved a red.

Agreed. Paused it on the highlights and the ball's there to be won when he starts his movement. He fully commits and their player gets rid when Croft is in full flow. Not intentional but had to go.

Agree with everything Bosch put. Their little #10 is brilliant, an absolute joy of a player. And Tope was brilliant, shame he was so exhausted at the end, he was our main outlet.

And Holloway again, brilliant. Wins so many balls in the air, and needs more protection from referees, cause defences can't cope with him, physically. If we can get him scoring...