League 1 Activity

29 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Blackpool beats a day trip to Exeter though.

Although sadly Blackpool away is a horrible experience in their predicament.

A couple of thousand fans - minus most of the vocal ones - in a stadium which holds 20,000

On a Saturday we'd outnumber them

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Theyve had some success in the play offs over the years have Blackpool. Must be then most successful team in them....

Looked it up.... this will be their 7th play off final.... from which they've won 4 from the previous 6.... and are the only team to have won all 3 divisional finals... only Palace have won as many and haven't appeared in as many....

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Looked it up.... this will be their 7th play off final.... from which they've won 4 from the previous 6.... and are the only team to have won all 3 divisional finals... only Palace have won as many and haven't appeared in as many....

....maybe I'll be in the minority.... but because they did us in 2007..... and because I've not been to Exeter... I hope they lose...!

Exeter is like a small York, and the fan area beside the ground is about the best I've ever seen. Blackpool stinks of piss and has the only gay village that I've passed through and felt like I had good taste in clothes

11 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

Do you remember the last "once prolific" Jaimacan international, who was few years the wrong side of 30 that we signed?

Bloody hell, I was thinking JJ (was he even Jamaican?) for a minute and thought he wasn't the wrong side of 30...then I remembered we had Ricardo Fuller who you were eluding to...how dreadful 

Maybe the lack of Blackpool fans at Wembley for the playoff final may actually make the FA look up Oysten and put more stringent owner checks in place. Or maybe following Forest being bought by a Greek guy known for corruption shows they really dont have a fucking clue! 

The thing with Blackpool and this boycott that gets on my nerves now living in the area. The money is technically Oystons to do with as he wants and he doesn't have to buy millions pounds worth of talent that the lasher fans believe he should have done. They don't have to like it but thats the way is is, it's the same St every club. Having said that he is a cunt of the highest order for taking fans to court but that's another issue.

Also their attendance is not to different to the last time the played football at league 2 level. Many use Oyston as an excuse not to go. Thousands more will certainly go to Wembley and that pisses me off. You don't have to like the owner to support your club. Hope they win at Wembley for my own selfish sake because I ain't going Exeter.

Screenshot_20170519-184058.png

16 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

The thing with Blackpool and this boycott that gets on my nerves now living in the area. The money is technically Oystons to do with as he wants and he doesn't have to buy millions pounds worth of talent that the lasher fans believe he should have done. They don't have to like it but thats the way is is, it's the same St every club. Having said that he is a cunt of the highest order for taking fans to court but that's another issue.

Also their attendance is not to different to the last time the played football at league 2 level. Many use Oyston as an excuse not to go. Thousands more will certainly go to Wembley and that pisses me off. You don't have to like the owner to support your club. Hope they win at Wembley for my own selfish sake because I ain't going Exeter.

Screenshot_20170519-184058.png

Wasn't it reported that they count ST holders as attending even they they don't though ? So may not be a true reflection of how many are actually at the games ?

11 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Wasn't it reported that they count ST holders as attending even they they don't though ? So may not be a true reflection of how many are actually at the games ?

Ye when we last played them away they announced a crowd about 5 times higher than what was there

27 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

They had a deal on the last time we played them where they sold 2 season tickets and get the 2nd for a smaller amount to which many paid for then everything went tits up. That deal hasn't run into this league 2 season.

However their attendance this season is not massively smaller than the last time at this level. Lashers fans jumped on the bandwagon and now that have jumped off. Take the protests as example, the numbers seem to have dwindled massively unless sunny or last game of the season when cameras are about. 'Many 'can't be bothered' *Just what's been said to me by a few at work*

For all those that love the club if Oyson left then the crowd would upturn for 1 maybe 2 games but how many would return for league 1 league 2 football.  Imo not a big up increase...

Ask yourself how many of those boycotting only starting going in the Championship or the Prem? Nearly 3/4 thousand stopped as soon as they went down from thd Prem.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

5 year deal for a manager is either brave or stupid. 

Not really. They're a perfect fit for each other and the stability and progression they've had under him is something to be envied. It's the exception that a club has the same manager for more than 4 years these days, but Dale and Hill just work. 

15 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes a chairman who backs a manager what a stupid idea. 

Well I did say brave OR stupid. Well done for ignoring that. I guess we will find out which eventually.  But don't be so naive. They aren't backing him.  Paying him for a minimum of 5 years isn't backing him.  Giving large funds for players is backing him. They are tying him to a deal because they are afraid he will leave and now if he does they get compensation. Problem is that it cuts both ways. 

Archived