League 1 Activity

35 minutes ago, Wee Bobby said:

Connor Mcaleny released by Everton.    Age 24 scored 10 goals in 18 games on loan at Oxford last season. Must be worth a go. Can we afford him.

We got next to no chance. With those sort of stats I'd expect most of the division would want him.

Probably end up at Charlton or MK.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Jay O'Shea signs 2yr deal ah Bury.

Good grief. This season must be the absolute shit or bust for them.

Got to agree. He turned down a deal at Sheffield United for gods sake.

6 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Jay O'Shea signs 2yr deal ah Bury.

Good grief. This season must be the absolute shit or bust for them.

Fully expected him to rock up at Wigan once Paul Cook was appointed, especially as he turned down Sheff Utd. Bury must be paying him a fair wedge.

5 hours ago, Wee Bobby said:

Connor Mcaleny released by Everton.    Age 24 scored 10 goals in 18 games on loan at Oxford last season. Must be worth a go. Can we afford him.

Was very good against us first half at BP but went missing in the second. Would be a good signing.

12 minutes ago, pinevillawill said:

Was very good against us first half at BP but went missing in the second. Would be a good signing.

I'd go further than that... it would be a major coup he's a top player at this level. 

Bury will probably get him.

Heavy fines from the football league should follow, their wage bill must be astronomical.

Spending money hand over fist whilst failing to pay bills/taxes etc is just taking the piss and renders FFP a joke.

There's something very wrong here!

The pressure that the Bury Finance Director was under to keep their head above water and pay creditors last season was incredible. Really is a case of Bury (ing) their head in the sand. It will implode and the Shakers will be true to their name and have the buckets out before too long.

6 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

Can someone explain as I haven't got a clue how Bury can get three CCJs in a week whilst spending big on wages? 

I think they've made a few staff redundant recently too.

19 hours ago, LaticsLen said:

Bradford could be looking for a new manager after McCall offered to resign over failure to tie players down to new contracts.

I found this very odd as it appears to be the owners who are drawing a line in the sand re wages. 3 players have already gone and McArdle is rumoured to be joining  Scunny this week.

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Why would Corney be involved in Bury's transfer dealings ?

I meant Corney would  reject  an offer of £500 k for one of our players if he had a year left on his contract who was pivotal to the team.

44 minutes ago, astottie said:

Fleetwood have withdrawn contract offers to 3 players who have not responded.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40340762

it will be interesting to see where they all end up. I thought they were good players at this level but offers from the Championship? We shall see.

Yes please, I'd have all three.

1 hour ago, astottie said:

Fleetwood have withdrawn contract offers to 3 players who have not responded.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40340762

it will be interesting to see where they all end up. I thought they were good players at this level but offers from the Championship? We shall see.

McLaughlin definitely Championship material. Would be nice though if he decided to join his younger brother....

Archived