Oldham 0 Sheff Wed 2

That was disappointingly predicatable.

Wednesday have won without ever playing well, a bit of noise second half & surprise , surprise the back 4 fall apart...can't wait to see them handle the Kop. Cisak got little help from them imo.

To go behind when switching centre backs is Sunday afternoon stuff, never should you be more alert of danger.

Scapuzzi , future Premier league player ?? not on that he isn't.

Parker was poor from minute 1 to going off imo.

Most worrying , Simpson has a quiet game & ideas dry up badly .

"Wednesday have won without ever playing well, a bit of noise second half & surprise , surprise the back 4 fall apart...can't wait to see them handle the Kop"

Blimey, I think i've lost some days somewhere...did we beat Southend then??

I Hope the players don't assume they're going to Liverpool or Wembley in the JPS

on another day, m'voto wouldnt have pulled his muscle when he cleared the ball for the throw-in, he's have got up and prutton wouldnt have even thought of dinking it over him like he did to tarkowski. great goal though, just unlucky. on another day, we'd have cleared the ball like we should have done and not had a penalty given against us. none of the 3400 fans appealed behind the goal and none of the players did. i'll have to see it again to decide it was never a penalty, we were unlucky today

We came up short today against one of the better sides in the league according to the table. Injuries, suspensions and many games in a short spell have taken their toll and we found it difficult to maintain the rhythm over the full 90.

For the first 45 we were the better team by some way, some of the stuff we played was very good. We shifted the ball from defence to attack quite effortlessly at times, it looked like it was only a matter of time till we scored.

2nd half they stepped it up and switched things around, we failed to react and stuck to our first half game plan. Megson's experience and their team's experience won the day as we ran out of steam.

We should be proud of the way the team matched one of the leading sides for as long as we did, on another day we might even have nicked something out of the game.

Wednesday have won without ever playing well, a bit of noise second half & surprise , surprise the back 4 fall apart...can't wait to see them handle the Kop. Cisak got little help from them imo.

To go behind when switching centre backs is Sunday afternoon stuff, never should you be more alert of danger.

Very harsh

Don't agree with that, I thought the centre backs played very well......I also thought Simpson played pretty well and most of our football went through him, we were unlucky to lose Mvoto and they took their opportunity.

We missed the work rate and tenacity of Wesolowski and wouldn't have been bullied like that if he had been on the field. Furman and Parker are not fully match fit and it showed, especially in the second half, however, if Simpson had put the one on one away or Kuqi's free header had been on target we would have won the game!!

They were very physical and kicked us all over the place and we should have been able to rise above it but didn't.

Kuqi had a poor game and completely lost the plot late on which I found very dissapointing for a player of his experience.... I think he would have been sent off if the match had lasted much longer!

quite possibly one of the worst posts i've ever read on this board.

We played well for the first 45 minutes, we were the better side by a mile and should have scored at least one (Kuqi header / Simpson 1on1). They came to try and bully us like bradford did - and we took what they dished out and played football. Yet again, we were in need of a stronger referee who wouldn't have let them get away with murder for 30 minutes plus. Every time we got the ball - a cynical foul followed.

Second half, we didn't really get going yet we still matched them untill the goal which was clearly a raised foot - tarky pulled his head out as to not get smashed in the face. He didn't duck and that raised foot will be give 999 out of 1000. Tarky did ok when he came on and still looks a cracking prospect. Once they'd gone in front, it was pretty much over because they made life very difficult.

All in all, disappointed in defeat, but not in performance.

Special mention 1 - Referee and Main stand lino - absolulty first class garbage. One offside he missed was about 3 yards....then the penelty...well i need say no more

Special mention 2 - Megson and the SW staff - Disgusting set of staff. Quite happy with the physical nature of their team which they're entitled to - but to moan and whinge every time the ref gave a foul when they were clearly fouls - i dunno how the had the cheek. Megsons smug arrogant little face will wind me up for weeks.

1st goal - Build up and goal (great quality):

2nd goal - Build up to penalty (poor quality):

Good first goal but definate high foot.

The video is too poor for seeing the 'foul' leading to the penalty but going off the lack of Wednesday shouts for it and my own eyes at the ground - it was never a penalty.

We did alright to a point. The loss of Mvoto seems to have been the problem. It was an enjoyable game I thought. Would have been interesting had Simpson taken his chance in the first half. They'd have had to really come out and have a go. It was not to be.

Think we missed the Furman and Wes partnership again and will be glad to see it make a return on Tuesday.

Reading the comments from some Wednesday fans I am surprised we even dared to show up. I mean how dare we compete with them. What a pathetic lot we even are for bothering to stand in their way of 3 points.

To say this is harsh is an understatement. Only one team in it first half. Second half they had one shot saved, one lucky break when the outstanding M'Voto was forcedoff and a kid came on who made a kid's mistake but then played well, and then they were given a ridiculous penalty by alinesman who had failed to spot three offsides (foul on Simpson by the way) and that was that. What else did Wendys do? Nothing. Kuqi's worst game by a mile, but nothing in the game at all, apart from bad luck. We deserved a point at least. Most disappointing thing today was the crap home support - pathetic on numbers (Oldham, do you deserve a team?) and a lot of miserable gits......yes, like you.

Absolute bollocks,

I was pretty pissed off leaving the ground today - i didn't really expect us to get a result v Wednesday, but i thought we were unlucky to lose. The referee was as terrible as i expected, the first goal came 2 minutes after Mvoto went off injured, i don't know what the pen was for but i know we should have been awarded a free kick 2 seconds earlier.

Having watched the FLS i'm angry to the point of not being able to sleep (yes i know that's a bit pathetic). Apparently Megson doesn't even know what the pen was for. And as for Claridge's stupid comment that "Well if only they'd been allowed, they'd have taken an awful lot more"...they were 'allowed' 4500. They brought 3400. An unfortunate minority of that decided to behave like dickheads (who invades the pitch in a league game in December? When was the last time we shut the RRE bar at HT and locked the away fans in at the end?). Why are the BBC so besotted with them?

We probably didn't deserve to win today - we were a bit toothless upfront, once Scapuzzi was marked/kicked out of the game and Simpson had a slight off-day we looked a bit short of ideas. But i don't think we deserved to lose. We'll play worse than that and pick up points.

We came up short today against one of the better sides in the league according to the table. Injuries, suspensions and many games in a short spell have taken their toll and we found it difficult to maintain the rhythm over the full 90.

For the first 45 we were the better team by some way, some of the stuff we played was very good. We shifted the ball from defence to attack quite effortlessly at times, it looked like it was only a matter of time till we scored.

2nd half they stepped it up and switched things around, we failed to react and stuck to our first half game plan. Megson's experience and their team's experience won the day as we ran out of steam.

We should be proud of the way the team matched one of the leading sides for as long as we did, on another day we might even have nicked something out of the game.

Sorted - sums it up perfectly. :wink:

3 Turning points that all went against us yesterday ,

M'voto injury , Penalty decision , Simpson was clearly fouled just before and we should have had a free kick.

Also feel on the first goal that Tarky should have had a free kick for their players high feet when he went to head it clear , again nothing given and they score from it.

Played well and could have been 2 up at half time with Kuqi and Simpson chances but as always with these top teams they will make the most of their chances when they come , fortunate or not , and we didn't.

I was pretty pissed off leaving the ground today - i didn't really expect us to get a result v Wednesday, but i thought we were unlucky to lose. The referee was as terrible as i expected, the first goal came 2 minutes after Mvoto went off injured, i don't know what the pen was for but i know we should have been awarded a free kick 2 seconds earlier.

Having watched the FLS i'm angry to the point of not being able to sleep (yes i know that's a bit pathetic). Apparently Megson doesn't even know what the pen was for. And as for Claridge's stupid comment that "Well if only they'd been allowed, they'd have taken an awful lot more"...they were 'allowed' 4500. They brought 3400. An unfortunate minority of that decided to behave like dickheads (who invades the pitch in a league game in December? When was the last time we shut the RRE bar at HT and locked the away fans in at the end?). Why are the BBC so besotted with them?

We probably didn't deserve to win today - we were a bit toothless upfront, once Scapuzzi was marked/kicked out of the game and Simpson had a slight off-day we looked a bit short of ideas. But i don't think we deserved to lose. We'll play worse than that and pick up points.

Thought he cut quite a frustrated figure today - seemed to get wound up quite easily. Maybe he was trying a bit too hard on his last game for us?

Typically M'Voto probably had his best game of the season for us - then gets injured. When he's fully match-fit I think Tarky will be more than an adequate replacement, though. Not only is he solid in defence, but I think he plays the ball out from the back brilliantly. Mvoto and Tarky at the back would be my first-choice pairing at centre-back. Diamond is solid, but seems to hoof it all the time when he's on the ball.

Reckon we should have had a penalty at one-nil when Diamond was fouled - how the ref can turn his nose up at that one, then go and give the penalty at the other end is beyond me.

Didn't think Lee got forward as much as usual and Morais did well when he came on. It might sound harsh, but I don't think Smith has shown much sign of improvement. He's missed a few headers like the one he did yesterday this season and for a big lad, he doesn't seem to put himself about that much. Thinks he needs to be a bit more aggressive and self-confident.

We were unlucky in defeat, yesterday - the two chances missed in the first half were obviously crucial, but I'd rather we win on Tuesday, if I'm honest!

Cisak had barely anything to do. Go behind when switching centre-backs? Well it's not Tarky's fault Prutton's foot was head high is it? Quite a few defenders would of backed out of that challenge, and can't blame Tarky that much since he's had a few long-term injuries. Most ref's would have given a foul for that. Our back 4 never fell apart, they coped with majority of stuff that was thrown at them. O'grady only got a sniff when he went for aerial challenges with Black because M'voto and Diamond were dominating him.

I'm not criticising Tarky - I rate him highly - but I wonder whether a more experienced pro would have thrown themselves at it a bit more and gone down, forcing the ref to give a foul. As it was, there wasn't much, if any, contact and so the ref let it go.

The penalty decision was one of the worst I've ever seen.

Megson was a smug git when he was interviewed about it: "We've had those go against us and I don't make a fuss..." He'd have made a bloody fuss all right, if that had been at the other end for us to level it.

I'm not criticising Tarky - I rate him highly - but I wonder whether a more experienced pro would have thrown themselves at it a bit more and gone down, forcing the ref to give a foul. As it was, there wasn't much, if any, contact and so the ref let it go.

If it was Diamond instead of Tarky that would probably of happened.

Stargazer I think you live up to your name. You obviously were not watching the same game as me and a lot of other Latics fans. As for the noise you mention, the Latics fans made most of the noise from the Main Stand paddock area, as fans saw what I saw, a referee who was far from being a Premiership ref, and a cock eyed assistant who could do with glasses and a copy of the offside rules to read with them. How he could give a penalty against Simpson I will never know, since Simpson was fouled by a 2 footed tackle, prior to going shoulder to shoulder against their player. The crowd including Wednesday fans thought the ref had given a foul for us, but when he pointed to the spot it was because his assistant raised had raised his flag and had clearly not seen the foul on Simpson because of his grey tinted eyes. ----- The lads did us proud as far as I am concerned and I'm sure we will be up there in the top 6 by the end of the season.