Tarky offered new contract

Offering him a new contract while (if true) negotiating or preparing to negotiate a transfer fee strengthens our position rather than weakens it, in my view. I still feel the summer would be more profitable.

However, if they have a potential big, influential striker lined up to spend the cash on I'm all for it.

I'm more concerned about 'not' disrupting our powder puff strike force than disrupting our defence.

Depends what division we're in...

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm lead to believe tarky turned burnley and blackburn down in the summer to stay here.

I have it on very good authority that Tarky wasnt happy with his offer from latics and looked around and got no offers and signed the OAFC offer. This came from a board member.

Anyone who things we will get a £1m is crazy. Doesnt help that the club keep saying they need additional funding for the stand. Everyone knows we need money and that reduces the value of your asset.

Doesnt help that the club keep saying they need additional funding for the stand. Everyone knows we need money and that reduces the value of your asset.

Everyone knows we need money anyway - and the club would be damned if it didn't say to supporters that there were still issues around funding the stand.

It's been well documented for years that the club isn't flush, that we need to sell to survive.

If we get more than £500k for a defender who still has flaws in his game I'll be surprised. Add ons maybe but he's not worth £1million to another club - and worth is determined by how much someone is prepared tp pay.

I would love to be proved wrong but....

Edited by LaticsPete

like many others I am resigned to losing tarky but im still in two minds whether its best for the club, on the one hand it could allow Johnson to bring in the striker he wants who fires the goals to keep us up, may also allow him to sign millsand he will have a replacement in mind for tarky.

on the other hand our defence has been sturdy all season, tarky leaving will disrupt that, so we do play kusunga at centre half and sign a new right back?do we sign a new centre back? do we play korey smith at right back and sign a new centre mid? I think Johnson and Corney need to evaluate the knock on effect it will have on the team.

I can never get my head around this saying. Surely worth is determined by how much the selling club is willing to accept?

These days the buying club have the power, they can say "Final offer, take it or leave it" in the knowledge that the player's contract expires at some point and they will either get a Bosman or a tribunal set fee. I can't remember the last time a tribunal set a fee that the selling club would be pleased with. So in this case I would agree that a player is only worth what someone is prepared to pay.

If he was to leave and LJ was not to replace him in favour of a striker, would leave us with two possible defence line ups?

1) Brown Kusunga Grounds Lockwood

2) Kusunga Mellor Grounds Lockwood

Can't see LJ moving Korey to right back as too important in midfield role. Good enough to push on with?

Discuss?

Am I missing anyone out?

I can never get my head around this saying. Surely worth is determined by how much the selling club is willing to accept?

Value is subjective, the same thing has different values to different people. It's how both parties in a trade can be happy with it.

Latics definitely told one club (Premier League) they wanted 850k for him. If he goes into the Championship, we may get less than that...

then don.t sell him !! don.t follow this argument that if they are a prem side they should pay more than a championship team, they will have their valuations too, if ant team want him they will offer our valuation or go away,

If anyone at the start of the season had told me we would even be discussing selling Tarky for more than 500k I would've laughed at them.

I can't believe how much he's come on in the last 6 months and I think the next 18 months are key to him. He could definitely develop into a strong championship player and maybe even break into the Premier League if he carries on as he has.

I think he's worth a punt from a Championship team at 500k, he could make them back 10 times that in a few years if he keeps on developing as he has the last 6 months.

If he was to leave and LJ was not to replace him in favour of a striker, would leave us with two possible defence line ups?

1) Brown Kusunga Grounds Lockwood

2) Kusunga Mellor Grounds Lockwood

Can't see LJ moving Korey to right back as too important in midfield role. Good enough to push on with?

Discuss?

Am I missing anyone out?

Mellor seems to be our guaranteed left back, Lockwood hasnt played a minute. Why would Lockwood suddenly be guaranteed a back four spot?

I'd imagine or at least hope, if we sold Tarky, a replacement would be lined up... Whether it be full back or centre half!

Our squad is starting to look weaker and weaker with the possible loss of our best player all season (tarky) and also losing Rooney and replacing him with a possible non league player.

and also losing Rooney and replacing him with a possible non league player.

Maguire is here to be looked at. No more than that. He has looked sharp in non league football but that is all.

It has never been suggested that he is a replacement for Rooney !!

Mellor seems to be our guaranteed left back, Lockwood hasnt played a minute. Why would Lockwood suddenly be guaranteed a back four spot?

Because ultimately Lockwood is naturally left sided and from what I understand isn't a CB. Mellor would be better off more central and we don't have anyone else on the books to play in a defensive role who is tried and tested.

Unless you played Brown Kusunga Mellor Grounds I suppose.

Because ultimately Lockwood is naturally left sided and from what I understand isn't a CB. Mellor would be better off more central and we don't have anyone else on the books to play in a defensive role who is tried and tested.

Unless you played Brown Kusunga Mellor Grounds I suppose.

belezika did well in the last few games of last season,