Tarky offered new contract

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"There is no update yet on the future of James Tarkowski, though it is understood the hierarchy at the club still hope to strike a deal which will see him depart."

From the chron... tarky being forced out?

Well, I didn't expect that, wonder how LJ will feel about that if its true

all the :censored:e about wanting to keep him on better terms was pie in the sky, once again club treating fans with utter contempt.

What if Tarky has made it clear he won't sign? I have no idea if he has like. A deal as been offered, that's clear.

if he wont sign allow him to leave in the summer, relegation will cost the club more than 300k we will receive and if he goes i wouldnt rule it out.

He's not that good or important.

You never know, we might even improve and start keeping some clean sheets without him.

if he wont sign allow him to leave in the summer, relegation will cost the club more than 300k we will receive and if he goes i wouldnt rule it out.

If he stays I wouldn't rule relegation out - it's not like our defence has been water tight! And if we do go down the amount clubs are willing to pay for him will go down too.

As with Baxter, happy to back the club on this one - to think Corney etc would try and get anything other than the most sensible deal is crazy.

Edited by JoeP

Once again fans think they know better.....I know for a fact Tarky wanted to go in the close season and probably moreso now.

We will always be a selling club and that will never change, we have a stand to finance and need to develop the ground still further in the future.

A player is only worth what other clubs are prepared to pay and it matters not what 'we' experts think. At times Tarky looks like a premier CH and at other times 'non league'. I trust the board to do their very best for this club and if he does leave I'm sure it will be with Johnson's blessing despite what we hear in the media.

Let's start backing Johnson and the club to be doing the very best they can..... questioning and analysing every decision they make does my flamin head in!!

I would say our defence and attack are equal in terms of our low league position, only 8 clubs have conceded more goals whilst only 7 clubs have scored fewer.

You're right, but i think this has been the best defense for a while, especially when Lanzoni and Mills were here. Together with Gen and Tarky (and Grounds), they've rarely looked like they might get hammered (apart from last week). Tarky is the nearest i've seen to a young Jobbo. I'll be sorry to see him go.

I know for a fact Tarky wanted to go in the close season and probably moreso now.

We had a job signing up when he was a kid, that was more to do with the people around him though, thinking that he was a lot better than he actually was(at the time).

[quote name="oafc1955" post="690293"

Let's start backing Johnson and the club to be doing the very best they can..... questioning and analysing every decision they make does my flamin head in!!

Equally, forwarding an argument in defence of every decision the club or manager makes is a bit tedious. Everyone's entitle to their opinion and getting the standard happy clapper "get behind Johnson" doesn't make yours anymore valid.

It's not all doom and gloom but I didn't think I'd see the day when we're being pillaged by Brentford. Fair play to them, a chairman willing to splash the cash and show a bit of ambition... I'm envious.