Tarky offered new contract

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to the Brentford bid for Tarky I have, from a reasonably good source (I work with a Brentford die hard fan who knows a few Brentford Directors) that a fee was agreed of 345k, plus add ons, but Tarky's wage demands were 6k a week.

Brentford offered 4k rising to 6k if they go up, but it didn't happen… thank god!

Who else do we need to offload to pay Tarky £6k a week?

hmm, you've only made two posts... is the other post a silly made up 'my friend knows a few directors' post? I suspect lies

people talkin silly money here. is he really worth that much?

a good 6months in league one doesn't mean he's worth over a million

yeah we can all see his progression but scouts won't give a toss about that. they'll see that hes a decent league one centre half and report that back.

Im not saying we should take any old offer but i wouldnt be expecting over 500k. fact is he's playing centre half for a league one relegation candidate squad, they don't have a vaule of millions

We just have to accept that as long as we are stuck in League 1 no decent player will stay with us if they have a chance to play at a bigger club (ie earn more money)

Fans have one team for life but Tarky has no real interest in Oldham other than it's his current employer and a better opportunity is always going to be considered.

I agree but, after having spoken to a Scout, and now is apparently valuing him as we are, I can't help but wonder if he is actually as good as we all think...

He had basic deficiencies in his game.

They've been pointed out to him. Coaching given. Improved in a short period.

The big concern from the scouts (Johnson said) was that the switch off still occurs in the second phase of play where he gives his opponent an extra yard of space. Johnson admitted that we hadn't really picked up on it but could see it when he's reviewed it and has a plan to address it.

My guess is, if he stays, he will address this and go on to be a terrific player. If he moves on, he will also progress if coached well. Players who respond to coaching are worth so much more than those who don't.