Tarky offered new contract

Said it earlier in the thread and I'll say it again, wont get a penny more than £300k upfront for him and all these £1mil + valuations are laughable.

The hand will be well and truly snapped off if a concrete offer comes in anything near the 300k too!

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Lancashire Telegraph understands Burnley have indicated they would be willing to pay £250,000 with a 10 per cent sell-on clause for Tarkowski before next Friday’s transfer deadline."

"Brentford are believed to be prepared to better that cash offer by £50,000, with further add-ons taking the combined deal to at least £400,000."

Edited by Mark59

Based on bids we'd be lucky to get £400k up front. Mad to sell below this but depends how desperate we are.

He's a quality defender at this level and could play comfortably at Championship level. Can score goals with head or feet, plays the ball out from defence well and any weaknesses can be trained out of him.

It's a buyers market but my opinion is he's worth at least £500k before the add-ons. Once weaknesses are trained out of him, he'd be a £800k player at very least.

i always get the impression with us that regarding any offers, If a player gets wind of an offer i appreciate it is hard to keep someone who wants to leave and has had his head turned; however instead of the club always thinking 'does the player want to go?' as soon as an offer comes in, it should be more along the lines of 'i'm sorry, you can go but not unless someone pays x' - end of

I may be wrong with the above and no doubt agents stir things up all the time, but that is just the impression i get from our dealings down the years. Aside from selling the youth players for good fees and Trotman for £500k, we always appear, in my opinion, to bow down to anyone offering a basic fee. e.g. £100k. I appreciate that we cannot afford to dismiss bids at first glance as we always need funds as a club; however the fact that the untried youth players i.e. Eaves and Spencer went for £300k and £200k (reportedly) and Trotman after 10 or so games for £500k makes it all the more gutting that we as a club (reportedly according to MENOAFC and the Lancashire Telegraph) only value Tarky at £300k

Compare him to other 'big prospects' in our league eg Maguire at Sheff Utd and Tarky is by far the more natural technical footballer and he is talked up at £2-4m

Now he isn't worth that and again that's all paper talk, but to me Tarky at the moment is worth £700k - better than Trotman, more experience and potential and i'd say that's about right.

For me £700k + £100k if promoted to the prem (if it is Burnley) + 25% sell on clause - not offering that then don't even bother.

I have no problem with, and agree with the view that whatever we get for him e.g. £300k gets us money in the door and if that then goes towards 4 players to improve the overall squad then as we have done down the years, that's absolutely fine and the right thing to do.

I have no problem with him going as i'm sure the rest of realistic fans don't - we all simply want to see our club get the going rate for players as happens at other clubs e.g. Crewe selling Murphy to Leeds for £1m after 30 games, young lad, Maynard after one season wonder for £2.25m and a bad injury record - 'It's Crewe' - so what? I'm not in anyway expecting those sorts of figures, but they always seem to get fair whack in transfer fees.

I hate to see us cowtowing to bids at low values and in my opinion, if what is being reported is correct, we are doing just that at £300k - but again if we need the funds urgently for whatever need then I guess the club's hand is forced whatever the bid.

As SC has said though, there are always things going on etc that we never get made aware of, but all we as fans can do is go off what we are allegedly told be it roumours or whatever and for me Tarky is worth at least double £300k

Edited by shefflatic

I think LJ has been harsh. I dont rate Tarky as most.

I think Tarky could well be a decent champ cb, but there is talk that he is a Premier League defender. I just dont see that myself. He has come on leaps and bounds and Id be sad to see him go, Id like to think there would be further improvements, mainly in decision making, but I dont see the player most seem to. Mainly down to a severe lack of pace.

However, LJ's comments are harsh. I think they are odd too.

I fully agree with how LJ is handling the Tarky situation, he is simply trying to settle the unrest caused by all the rumours and no doubt dealings by the players agent.

Quite simply Johnson has stated that the player is not good enough at the moment to move up a division, therefore he stays with us and improves his game over the next 18 months.

Edited by archiecat

Wouldn't like to hear his thoughts on our other defenders...

Kusunga and Grounds are equally as good if not better? Maybe the love and overvaluing of Tarky comes from the suprising fact of how hes gone from being so :censored: to a relitively decent defender in the last year. grounds has been consistently good, but doesnt get the recognition Tarky has done, just because he played well at Preston basically.

If we got 300k + percentage sell on, it wouldnt be an unfair valuation. Dale Stephens went for less.

Kusunga and Grounds are equally as good if not better? Maybe the love and overvaluing of Tarky comes from the suprising fact of how hes gone from being so :censored: to a relitively decent defender in the last year. grounds has been consistently good, but doesnt get the recognition Tarky has done, just because he played well at Preston basically.

If we got 300k + percentage sell on, it wouldnt be an unfair valuation. Dale Stephens went for less.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you there. He has gone from a young player learning his game to being a slightly more experienced player who has used his league experience to improve his game. Like many of our young players, some fans immediately castigate them for being ":censored:" and then seem surprised that after the passage of time the player appears to be a decent prospect. Other fans see the young kid as a work in progress and can see the direction of travel as being a positive one.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you there. He has gone from a young player learning his game to being a slightly more experienced player who has used his league experience to improve his game. Like many of our young players, some fans immediately castigate them for being ":censored:" and then seem surprised that after the passage of time the player appears to be a decent prospect. Other fans see the young kid as a work in progress and can see the direction of travel as being a positive one.

Whichever way you look at it, hes only being overvalued by what I think are stupid fans because of his improvement over the last 2 years. If you compare him to Premier League centre backs, and even Championship, hes still not as good as the majority. He is 21, and good on the ball, however the amount of defensive mistakes hes made this season which have led to goals and having our keeper pulling off one on one saves is still quite a high amount, which has always been his problem right from the moment COG tore him a new one. Now if he cut out silly mistakes and commanded and marshalled his back line I'd agree he was worth more than 300k. Until then he wont be.

Grounds has made big strides this season too, moving to centre back. But he makes more mistakes than Tarky, his distribution isn't nearly as good, he's not as good with the ball at his feet and is a few years older (so has less potential).

so much for not selling to lge 1 rivals then !! this bit of 'buisness' is one of the hardest to understand and leaves me in no doubt that the clubs ambition is to fester in league 1, offering these 2 year contracts is nothing to do with ambition more to do with cashing in where possible - jokers