Tarky offered new contract

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kusunga and Grounds are equally as good if not better? Maybe the love and overvaluing of Tarky comes from the suprising fact of how hes gone from being so :censored: to a relitively decent defender in the last year. grounds has been consistently good, but doesnt get the recognition Tarky has done, just because he played well at Preston basically.

If we got 300k + percentage sell on, it wouldnt be an unfair valuation. Dale Stephens went for less.

Ah but we needed the money when we sold Stephens, something not the case currently due to our cup run and IIRC £300k+ a sell-on % was exactly what we got for him.

No. They are not

Care to elaborate? Tarky has more time to develop into a better player than those 2. At the minute, Tarky is costing more goals than those 2. Tarky is possibly a better passer of the ball, but then so is David Mellor, who gets loads of stick. Tarky if he continues will be ahead of those 2 in years to come. Right now, hes on a level par at best defensively. Too many errors, and too much switching off.

Care to elaborate? Tarky has more time to develop into a better player than those 2. At the minute, Tarky is costing more goals than those 2. Tarky is possibly a better passer of the ball, but then so is David Mellor, who gets loads of stick. Tarky if he continues will be ahead of those 2 in years to come. Right now, hes on a level par at best defensively. Too many errors, and too much switching off.

It's only my opinion. Forget age and future potential etc, it's my opinion of the 3 of them as they are now. I just think Tarky is the better allround player. If I were picking the team he'd be in it before the other 2. They all make mistakes.

And to make it clear, I don't dislike the other 2. I think Kusunga has been excellent. I just think Tarky's allround game is better, more polished. It is clear for all to see that Grounds is a capable footballer but, if i'm honest, he frustrates the :censored: out of me. If he didn't switch off so often, and if his passes didn't go astray as often, he would be playing for a much better team than us. He does, so he isn't.

Edited by Break The Silence

My timeline at the moment has:

Hacking trial

IT stuff

Politics

Politics

Oldham council proposals for sports centre

Ukraine president on sick leave

Some foxy journalist getting off a train and nice staff carrying her bags.

I use a twitter client at work taking up about 10% of one of my screens and provides me with a valuable resource of information, some work related, some not. I resisted twitter for a long time but am so glad I caved and got into it. A wonderful piece of using technology. Now facebook on the other hand.... not enough facepalms in the world for that.

How do we know it's the first offer? There could have been plenty of offers before this?

Twitter vs Facebook... no one has yet shown me what twitter does that Facebook doesn't, except for restricting my rants to 140 characters. The single poorest designed website I've ever seen. I have a twitter account (that was hacked) so set up another to try it out. I again gave up. I'm not ionterested in what celebs are saying tbh. I just dont get twitter at all.

Edited by pukka

If Tarky goes to Brentford, should the deal preclude him from playing against Latics on 29th March, or would it be better if he plays, with Latics being familiar with his strengths and weaknesses?

If he doesn't play, he could lead Latics out onto the pitch representing 'Men United'.

I'd say let him play. Can't see him making them any stronger in the short term.

It's only my opinion. Forget age and future potential etc, it's my opinion of the 3 of them as they are now. I just think Tarky is the better allround player. If I were picking the team he'd be in it before the other 2. They all make mistakes.

And to make it clear, I don't dislike the other 2. I think Kusunga has been excellent. I just think Tarky's allround game is better, more polished. It is clear for all to see that Grounds is a capable footballer but, if i'm honest, he frustrates the :censored: out of me. If he didn't switch off so often, and if his passes didn't go astray as often, he would be playing for a much better team than us. He does, so he isn't.

Funny how its seen as its the opposite for me. Whilst I admit Ground switches off occasionally, Tarky is often only switched on for 89 minutes and the 1 minute hes off does something glaringly obvious which results in a chance for the oppo. I also feel, Tarkowski tries too many worldy balls which result in 1 out 4-5 actually being a decent pass. I think Tarky is stronger in the air and tackle, but Grounds makes up for this with his reading of the game and his commanding of the ball and the line. Pboro was the obvious one for the 1st goal, the gap between Kusunga and Tarky at CB was horrendous and gave the striker too much room. (albeit Grounds got caught out of LB position) Had Grounds been in there at CB I dont feel that would have happened. Tarky doesnt command the defence enough considering hes our supposed stand out man.

Probably repeating what has been said earlier in this thread, but:

Brentford for £300k? Really hope this isn't the case. For the life of me I can't understand how a higher club hasn't come in for him with more money than that and do we really need to sell for that figure?

Aside from lacking a bit of pace he has the attributes to play top half Championship, possibly lower end of the top flight. Unless Tarky sees it as a short term stepping stone then does he really think he can't do any better?

Would be a big let down.

I think Tarky is stronger in the tackle

I think Kusunga is strongest in the tackle out of the current crop but not as strong as M'voto, allegedly.

On a side note, the strongest team in the tackle this year is without doubt Gillingham.

I think Kusunga is strongest in the tackle out of the current crop but not as strong as M'voto, allegedly.

On a side note, the strongest team in the tackle this year is without doubt Gillingham.

I think the best in the tackle that we have ever had has to go to Will(y) Haining.

How do we know it's the first offer? There could have been plenty of offers before this?

Twitter vs Facebook... no one has yet shown me what twitter does that Facebook doesn't, except for restricting my rants to 140 characters. The single poorest designed website I've ever seen. I have a twitter account (that was hacked) so set up another to try it out. I again gave up. I'm not ionterested in what celebs are saying tbh. I just dont get twitter at all.

Rather than seeing the 140 character as a restriction it is actually a good thing as it forces a focus to the tweet. Same as a hashtag can be a concatenation of a known phrase and used as a shortcut of a wider idea. Many tweets also include a link to either a source article or the tweet is used like a headline to draw attention to a URL with more information.

Re celebs, some are actually a good source of information, many aren't. Some use twitter purely as self promotion whilst others use it to promote other causes/issues as their name itself has attracted 100,000s of followers. Eg Peter Reid has just retweeted a tweet from Coleen Rooney about Alder Hey hospital's new charity drive. I don't give a :censored: about Coleen Rooney and don't follow her but 1,086,141 others do and they have just seen something about Alder Hey, which is a good thing.

Whilst typing this I've seen that Edie has left BP & David Conn, a journalist and author has tweeted that City's net spend since 2008 is £582m, which is less than United have spent paying the Glazer's takeover debts.

Facebook isn't "better" than twitter or vice versa, they are complementary services and both are entirely personal services depending on who you are friends with, pages you've liked or who you've followed. I work in IT and I follow lots of tech journalists, sites, companies, software houses..etc.. I get a lot of useful info and tips and tricks from twitter. Others who just follow inane celebs or annoying people offline anyway they will have a different experience. Same as facebook, if you are friends with people who post baby pics every 2 minutes or "meaningful" quotes you aren't going to have a rich experience.

Or you could just not use any. Otherwise known as google+