North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I think what grates with a few on here is it's the same users that ask these questions.

Honestly what is the problem with me asking about what is going on with the top floor of the stand? It looks embarrassing. The corney apologists won’t hear it though. 

13 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Honestly what is the problem with me asking about what is going on with the top floor of the stand? It looks embarrassing. The corney apologists won’t hear it though. 

Erm, Corney apologists? He was fucked off out of the ORC several years ago 

19 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Corney has gone, and for some months now.

Time to let it go.

Maybe it's not way you are sayimg, but they way you are saying it.....

34 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Wind it in will you.  You wake up everyday and sign in here just so you can post something negative, it s boring and brings people down.  Corney is no longer at the helm of OAFC, its time to let it go... or get help.

the top floor of the new north stand being empty is nowhere near as embarrassing as the state of the chaddy roof (last season) and the unpainted section of the front of the Rochdale road end.  They looked terrible and spoke volumes.

29 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Wind it in will you.  You wake up everyday and sign in here just so you can post something negative, it s boring and brings people down.  Corney is no longer at the helm of OAFC, its time to let it go... or get help.

the top floor of the new north stand being empty is nowhere near as embarrassing as the state of the chaddy roof (last season) and the unpainted section of the front of the Rochdale road end.  They looked terrible and spoke volumes.

Front of the JFZ Stand still not done either.

23 hours ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Front of the JFZ Stand still not done either.

It's on the trust wish list with Al to get this done.

however the wish list was done before we were relegated and as you know, events spiralled down hill  for a little bit.

The previous owners words of support for the re-naming signage more or less was..you want it then the trust and fans pay for it...

He at least renamed it on the tickets printed so I'll give him his due on that one

so TBa a on signge

24 minutes ago, underdog said:

however the wish list was done before we were relegated and as you know, events spiralled down hill  for a little bit.

The previous owners words of support for the re-naming signage more or less was..you want it then the trust and fans pay for it...

He at least renamed it on the tickets printed so I'll give him his due on that one

so TBa a on signge

could we not find a sign making firm that would do it for some free advertising around the ground etc ?

24 minutes ago, underdog said:

so TBa a on signge

how much are we talking?  Surely a bucket collection coupled with a donation page would raise the required in no time.

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

how much are we talking?  Surely a bucket collection coupled with a donation page would raise the required in no time.

I'd happily chip in, get mey name somewhere type of thing.

27 minutes ago, underdog said:

so TBa a on signge

I don't know what others think, but personally it would be really good to see th wish list and order you are currently working on (finances, all your time, and AL dictate of course), Maybe it would prod a fan or two into thinking I  could do, or would like to help with that. eg the JF naming. Or I would like that to be more of a priority (when there is a choice)

13 minutes ago, peanuts said:

could we not find a sign making firm that would do it for some free advertising around the ground etc ?

Signwriting (well the huge posters on windows) is my brothers game. If someone could get the spec , what is desired etc I  can at least ask. No guarantees.

Cheers folks for the support on this. 

Singe I've slept since we did the wish list, think we called it top 10. I will try and get a hold of it as the Trust chair and rep sent the list to AL, think we did it about feb/march time..so TBA. I remember we said, Frizzell stand, fans bar, Leeslover suggested bringing back chaddy the owl toy for the young ones, club shop, scoreboard resolution,  Gordon Lawton memorial on site somewhere.

it might be a case that with a new season, new club sponsors hopefully coming on board or regular ones,  that Simon Brooke will have some irons in the fire with him being at he club and all. So let me get an update before we look at good suggestions like crowd funding or twisting a relatives arm up his back to do it.

it something we haven't forgotten about

Archived