Queensy Menig

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4 September 2017 at 11:27 PM, Markspark92 said:

Queensy Menig continues his career at Oldham Athletic. The 22-year-old attacker leaves from Ajax to FC Nantes from coach Claudio Ranieri, who rents him directly to the club from the League One in England.

Many of the Amsterdammers were still rented to PEC Zwolle last year, which he did well. At Ajax he had another contract until 2019, but his role was played out. There was a lot of interest from home and abroad, including PEC, but for now it is now the third level of England for the time being.
Oldham Athletic rents him directly from the Nantes of Ranieri. The experienced Italian made a furore by conquering the English country title with Leicester City, but had to leave a season later when the results fell. Nantes is picking up after a bad season start: it lost the first two league games, but then scored four points against Troyes and Olympique Lyon.
Menig will, however, not contribute this season to the French team's performance, but will soon report to Oldham. The team is currently the foremost in the League One.

Taken from Dutch website seems as though it's a done deal

"Currently the foremost"?

surely that should say currently the worst.

7 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Mentioned it on the new winger thread but no one seems to have picked up on it.

Queensy was training on Little Wembley today!

Nice one. That a definite then? Must be close to being confirmed if that is the case... seen somebody mention that it would make sense if the new investment announced this along with their deal if they believe this is a coup.

4 minutes ago, MAC0AFC said:

Nice one. That a definite then? Must be close to being confirmed if that is the case... seen somebody mention that it would make sense if the new investment announced this along with their deal if they believe this is a coup.

99.99% nah 100% it was him.

4 minutes ago, mikejh45 said:

Now I'm confused....who are the Abdallah 7?

How many have signed?

He was tweeting on deadline day that 7 foreign trialists were here and were due to sign for us. But these were not Sheridan's picks.

Then they didn't sign on deadline day(or at least they weren't announced) and Sheridan brought players in that he wanted.

It seems, according to Nixon, that they have stayed at the club and are still training with us. But he doesn't know how many have/will sign. All are free agents with the exception of Queensy, who's loan signing has been announced by Nantes but not us.

Radio Manchester have also said that they understand there will be further signings announced in the next few days.

Nepomuceno and Queensy are the only 2 that have been named so far, as far as I'm aware.

5 minutes ago, bozman said:

He was tweeting on deadline day that 7 foreign trialists were here and were due to sign for us. But these were not Sheridan's picks.

Then they didn't sign on deadline day(or at least they weren't announced) and Sheridan brought players in that he wanted.

It seems, according to Nixon, that they have stayed at the club and are still training with us. But he doesn't know how many have/will sign. All are free agents with the exception of Queensy, who's loan signing has been announced by Nantes but not us.

Radio Manchester have also said that they understand there will be further signings announced in the next few days.

Nepomuceno and Queensy are the only 2 that have been named so far, as far as I'm aware.

So the Belgian Sidney wasn't one of the Abdallah 7?

1 minute ago, mikejh45 said:

So the Belgian Sidney wasn't one of the Abdallah 7?

Belgian Sidney ? You've lost me now.

If you mean Gyamfi, he obviously came before news of Abdallah became public and was here before the batch of  7 trialists arrived but I suspect he could well have come from Abdallah's contacts. Seems a bit of a random pick for Shez to have come up with through his contacts.

1 minute ago, MikeF said:

So how have we managed to sign a player on loan when the window is shut?

Obviously signed him before the deadline as was reported by several websites on deadline day. It's just that thr club said nothing about it at the time.

11 minutes ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

you can upto 7 days after the deadline is shut im sure someone said this is day 6

You can't sign players on loan outside the window other than, I think, emergency goalkeeper loans. Pretty certain all of these deals were done last week and we've been holding off announcing them or awaiting international clearance.

I wonder if any of these lads will start on Saturday or we'll have the most enigmatic bench in League One.

I'd assume Placide will either start or be on the bench just to keep the team to five loans (Ruddy, Byrne, Bryan, Doyle, Menig). Menig on the bench at least, I'd guess.

4 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

I wonder if any of these lads will start on Saturday or we'll have the most enigmatic bench in League One.

I'd assume Placide will either start or be on the bench just to keep the team to five loans (Ruddy, Byrne, Bryan, Doyle, Menig). Menig on the bench at least, I'd guess.

A french bench.