Bit of fun... How many will Shrewsbury bring??

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

They have won more games than anyoneelse.

Oh and I really don't get excited about our away followings and think it kind of pathetic when we look down our nose at others for not bringing the same. 

Oh look Oldham have a lot of fans who don't go to home games but like to spend the day getting out of Oldham to get lashed lets give them a trophy.

I get it - you don't go to many away games.

I think it's quite remarkable the numbers we take away at times despite the position we are in.

14 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

Why not? It's something to be proud about when we've got fuck all else going for us. Irrespective of whether they go to home games, it shows the potential is still there. 

If you'd rather we tool 150 to every away but at least they all go to home games, fair enough. Me... I quite like the fact we're clearly not as tinpot as our contemporaries.

I'd rather people laugh at our shit away support and be top of the league.

Let's face it if Lemsgram investment comes off and it turns out to be as good as we all hoped and we win promotion from this league we are still going to have crap support a promotion winning season could probably see us bring in about 7000 average which would at best be top 10 in league 1. In the championship with a few years of consolidation and ground improvements we could average over 5 figures quite easily but at most we would still be bottom 6 in attendances. Their are a number of big clubs in the championship now who average over 25000. I look forward to the day we beat them and they have a go at our shit support. Do Rochdale give a shit about the fact that we take more to them than they do to us when they have finished above us for 3 straight seasons right now? If I was Rochdale fan I wouldn't care.

Here's to the next few years where we have something actually worth shouting about rather than the fact we take more fans to Blackburn than Bury do.

21 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

They have won more games than anyoneelse.

Oh and I really don't get excited about our away followings and think it kind of pathetic when we look down our nose at others for not bringing the same. 

Oh look Oldham have a lot of fans who don't go to home games but like to spend the day getting out of Oldham to get lashed lets give them a trophy.

Funny how people see this completely differently. My experience is that 90%+ of our away following do go to home games.

The way I see it we are little Oldham, we don't have many fans but ghose thst we do have are passionate about the club with loads of them caring enough to travel round the country.

Of course it is ultimately meaningless and I would much prefer to be more successful with lower followings. It's still something to be proud of though.

On 15/09/2017 at 10:54 AM, Ritchierich said:

Well, so far they've taken:

297 to Wimbledon (Aug12)

442 to Oxford (Aug26)

200+ to Gillingham (Sep02)

Based on this information and a highly complex algorithm I have devised together with pure guesswork I reckon 637 tomorrow

And they actually brought......602

i'll be getting a written explanation from the missing 35

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Hence why the topic starter used the words Bit of fun..... when he asked the question, off course they are not bothered but it's still a bit shit.

The only attractive thing about us is the proximity to the motorway - I wouldn't pay £2.40 to sit in that stand let alone 24 quid so 600 is good going to this observer.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

The only attractive thing about us is the proximity to the motorway - I wouldn't pay £2.40 to sit in that stand let alone 24 quid so 600 is good going to this observer.

There's a lot worse places to watch the game as an away fan in this league than the Chaddy End, granted BP isn't one of the most appealing away days but they are top and unbeaten to boot so I'd walk over hot coals to make sure I was there.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

There's a lot worse places to watch the game as an away fan in this league than the Chaddy End, granted BP isn't one of the most appealing away days but they are top and unbeaten to boot so I'd walk over hot coals to make sure I was there.

And it's £20 in advance.

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Fans will put up with a lack of facilities if they really think they have to be there, this is why park festivals are so popular.

Edited by BP1960