Milton Keynes FC (a)

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Frustrating as it obviously was to come away wthout the victory anyone who walked out of thagt ground on Saturday whose primary emotion wasn't along the lines of exhilaration probably, to use the currently favoured OWTB aphorism, doesn't like football..

As I left the ground my primary emotion was one of disappointment. And I love football.

Exhilaration? - that was when we went 4-2 up. 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Frustrating as it obviously was to come away wthout the victory anyone who walked out of thagt ground on Saturday whose primary emotion wasn't along the lines of exhilaration probably, to use the currently favoured OWTB aphorism, doesn't like football..

I'd disagree. I'd say anybody who wasn't primarily feeling disappointment tinged with anger doesn't like Football.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

As I left the ground my primary emotion was one of disappointment. And I love football.

Exhilaration? - that was when we went 4-2 up. 

You've got a fair point.  Maybe anyone who didn't have exhilaration as one of a number of weirdly conflicting emotions...  ? 

22 hours ago, mikejh45 said:

I've not watched the video (but I was at MK as I live 12 miles away) and I wasn't at Portsmouth but I have to agree with the last couple of comments.

We wouldn't condone behaviour from the opposition so why do we accept it when it comes from one of ours.

This is our team.....our club.......I want to see us welcome everywhere........look at websites that inform away fans of our club, every pub is welcoming to away fans.

That means something to me.............I have a 260 mile round trip for home matches and I enjoy talking to away fans in the Clayton as do many other fans.

As "DEyres42" says......Topsoff likes the attention and that statement leaves me to believe that our club is of secondary importance.

Agree. I've seen some knobheads supporting us over the past 40 years and was a bit of one myself in my youth, but if this fella carries on like he does he's either gonna get a right kicking or incite some serious trouble.  

He's at all the away games and by the look of his eyes he's taking more than paracetamol!! 

I would think it's got to a stage where the club will be having a serious chat with George, he's a nice lad and is Oldham through and through but he is going out of his way to antagonise opposition fans and putting not only himself but other vulnerable fans at risk. 

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Agree. I've seen some knobheads supporting us over the past 40 years and was a bit of one myself in my youth, but if this fella carries on like he does he's either gonna get a right kicking or incite some serious trouble.  

He's at all the away games and by the look of his eyes he's taking more than paracetamol!! 

Does anyone know what this lad George does for a living? Swanning about up & down the land following Latics whilst caning the class A's (apparently), they got any jobs going cos he must be earning a wedge? 

Edited by Dick_Valentine

44 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Does anyone know what this lad George does for a living? Swanning about up & down the land following Latics whilst caning the class A's (apparently), they got any jobs going cos he must be earning a wedge? 

Caning the class A's ????

That's some accusation to throw about.

48 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

No idea but it wasn't that long ago someone was on here or Facebook talking about setting up a fundraising page to buy him a season ticket because he couldn't afford it...

2 hours ago, NewBlue said:

What's wrong with antagonising away fans? Is this Rugby Union?

When it’s clearly a family area full of people with their kids?? Have a word with yourself

and apart from anything else I go to football to (shock horror) watch a football match. Let’s leave the Neanderthal mentality of going to incite trouble with the crowd exactly where it belongs - in the past 

50 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

When it’s clearly a family area full of people with their kids?? Have a word with yourself

and apart from anything else I go to football to (shock horror) watch a football match. Let’s leave the Neanderthal mentality of going to incite trouble with the crowd exactly where it belongs - in the past 

Incite trouble? I thought it's a family section? Make your mind up.

George doesn't hide. Everybody knows who he is - he makes it quite clear, you know, with his top off and that. 

Am sure you haven't and never will again sing anything about Yorkshire, Southerners, Bastard Rovers etc. either...

2 hours ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Why is everybody bad mouthing him saying that he's on the gear? People making assumptions on the basis of absolutely nothing. I don't know the lad so I ain't gonna speak about him and presume these things when he might have family members/friends on this board. 

From what I can see we just have a hugely passionate fan, some might say a little mad - you have to be to watch us up and down the country, and he'll sometimes go overboard with the gesturing. Fairplay to him though and he'll learn the hard way in terms of being kicked out for silly avoidable stuff.

8 minutes ago, MAC0AFC said:

Why is everybody bad mouthing him saying that he's on the gear? People making assumptions on the basis of absolutely nothing. I don't know the lad so I ain't gonna speak about him and presume these things when he might have family members/friends on this board. 

From what I can see we just have a hugely passionate fan, some might say a little mad - you have to be to watch us up and down the country, and he'll sometimes go overboard with the gesturing. Fairplay to him though and he'll learn the hard way in terms of being kicked out for silly avoidable stuff.

Absolutely spot on. 

13 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

A fund raising page was set up but George was unaware of it, it certainly wasn't set up because he couldn't afford one.

That was the reason it was set up (he wasn't working at the time). Pretty sure the accusations of him being off his head are unfounded though.