Wimbledon (H)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Very wasteful so far.  Glaring miss by Davies at the end.  Hope we don’t regret that.  Wimbledon are terrible. 

And Doyle has missed 2 very good chances. Their keeper has been time wasting from 30 minutes. 

Jesus christ, how we have not won this.  Batterd them for 90 minutes.  On another day we score 4 or 5!  Really poor side Wimbledon, no attacking intent at all.  Time wasting from half hour mark.  Keeper kept them in it.

Green  came in and played well i thought, should of shot though when played in.  Think no one had a poor game, final ball tonight just wouldnt come right and couple of good chances went a miss.

Not sure how to feel about this result because i thought we might draw before the game but really had enough chances to win it.

Bryan my mom.

17 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Harry Forrester is starting to hit form as are Wimbledon so this won’t be a walk in the park

13 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

We will batter these tonight another 3 or 4 and hopefully a clean sheet, after the toughish run of games we've had this will be a doddle, that form table doesn't paint a true picture to me because there's no way MK should of robbed a point and the home defeat to Scunthorpe came from a disastrous 20 minutes and we should of still rescued a point from that, start like we did Saturday and these will be having their bellies tickled by half time.

13 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Opinions huh? That’s what this forum and football in general is all about.

Let’s see who will be proved right...?

So... b0ndl1ne was closer in his assessment but yarddog73 was also half correct in that we did batter them - but with no end product sadly.

Still a point and a clean sheet. On to Gillingham.

4 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

I agree. Hunts distribution was poor tonight I thought. Gerrard looked very solid.

Apart from one beauty of a ball inside the full back for (I think) Menig.

Hunt is an interesting one. Can’t put my finger on what he brings to the team but I wouldn’t suggest replacing him because it seems that he does a job. He’s all arms and legs and rarely looks fully in control of the ball. Is he a League One standard version of Connor Brown?

17 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Wimbledon goalkeeper absolute disgrace - time keepers were sent off for time wasting since it’s the only position where you are unlikely to accrue the 5 yellows for a suspension in a season - this guy was booked yet will have no consequence and the twat was doing it from about 20 minutes in

And yet all teams do it, including us. Its the way the game is, as frustrating as it is.

Lets face it we had enough chances tonight to win 5 games, its another point in the bag and we go again on Saturday.

I thought Drumingham was outstanding tonight, he really attacks with intent, as a back 4 we were solid although they rarely troubled us.

Just now, disjointed said:

And yet all teams do it, including us. Its the way the game is, as frustrating as it is.

Lets face it we had enough chances tonight to win 5 games, its another point in the bag and we go again on Saturday.

I thought Drumingham was outstanding tonight, he really attacks with intent, as a back 4 we were solid although they rarely troubled us.

And I also hate it when I’ve seen us do it - I can’t stand cheating whoever is at fault and to do it in the first half is taking the piss of the highest order!

that said it’s weired seeing Oldham 0 and feeling like that’s wrong - we are in the right direction and despite the score I enjoyed the game 

1 minute ago, Buckshawlatic said:

And I also hate it when I’ve seen us do it - I can’t stand cheating whoever is at fault and to do it in the first half is taking the piss of the highest order!

that said it’s weired seeing Oldham 0 and feeling like that’s wrong - we are in the right direction and despite the score I enjoyed the game 

Football has many facets that wind us up, players diving or feigning injury as well as time wasting. Until the authorities start issuing mandates to punish offenders I'm afraid we are stuck with it.