Checkatrade scabbery - assuming takeover is done & new players are in....

Will you come off the Checkatrade picket line for a glimpse of some talent?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Will you come off the picket line for a glimpse of some talent?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to unvote my Yes because I didn't read the instructions before voting.  I support my club in whatever games they play at home.

I don't like the format of the competition however it is possible that Chelsea have done us all a favour by playing Batshuayi because clearly that is not what was expected or intended.  The invited teams are under 21 (strangely that only means a minimum of 6 of the starting 11 u21[on 30th June]) but under the rules could finish the game with any 8 players from the club over 21 so no rules were broken by Chelsea.  I do however think the competition will run out of favour if an 'under 21' side with members who have played in their clubs first team wins the trophy.

O

19 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Looking at the temperature forecast for Monday/Tuesday I would say the chances of the game being on are less than zero!!

Only 8 fit players, may not see Flynn or Banks play as they are  ill. 

Green and Holloway  doubtful with ankle injuries.

Edited by BP1960

Whether you’re a fan of the competition or you think it’s a waste of time, the question is are you a Latics fan and supporter of the club?

Of course you should go to the match.

Its a Latics home game. End of!!

£10 for Adults, £5 Concessionary.

Hardly rip off prices. COYB

3 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Whether you’re a fan of the competition or you think it’s a waste of time, the question is are you a Latics fan and supporter of the club?

Am I right in getting the impression the B Team bit has passed you by?

4 minutes ago, Andy-latic said:

I can (maybe) understand fans boycotting this game due to us playing a B team. However if we do eventually get to Wembley and play against a league side and you don't go because you're 'boycotting' then genuinely you're not a Latics fan, end of story.

Some would argue the opposite given what this could represent the start of. 

Just now, HarryBosch said:

Some would argue the opposite given what this could represent the start of. 

People are entitled to argue what they want, but if the team you supposedly loves plays at Wembley in a football league trophy against a league side, at the national ground where you haven't seen your side play for 24 years, if ever... Then I'm sorry but you really don't give that much of a shit anyway (which is fine, but just don't use boycotting as a reason).

17 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

You just used the terminology 'end of' therefore have lost the argument......................................FACT

3 minutes ago, Andy-latic said:

People are entitled to argue what they want, but if the team you supposedly loves plays at Wembley in a football league trophy against a league side, at the national ground where you haven't seen your side play for 24 years, if ever... Then I'm sorry but you really don't give that much of a shit anyway (which is fine, but just don't use boycotting as a reason).

Not having a pop, genuine question - are you aware of the Premier League B Team angle and what people feel this might represent the start of? 

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

Not having a pop, genuine question - are you aware of the Premier League B Team angle and what people feel this might represent the start of? 

Completely aware, and I don't blame them for it, the last thing we would all want is B teams in the football league. I just don't see how for example if we played Rochdale or Portsmouth at Wembley, not going to that would constitute a boycott and how any geniune Latics fan would be willing to miss that. But maybe I'm being a little harsh.

34 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

You just used the terminology 'end of' therefore have lost the argument......................................FACT

Argument? There’s no argument. It’s a home match for Latics. If you’re a Latics fan and you can get there you should go. It’s about supporting your team, irrespective of what you think of the competition.

1 hour ago, Andy-latic said:

I can (maybe) understand fans boycotting this game due to us playing a B team. However if we do eventually get to Wembley and play against a league side and you don't go because you're 'boycotting' then genuinely you're not a Latics fan, end of story.

Ah right, so i've been kidding myself for nearly 50 years.