League 2 activity

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

He virtually accepted the job during EFL on Quest on Sunday night.

Interviewed in a chippy. Better or worse than the Costa at Tesco? :lol: 

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/december/holloway-appointed-first-team-manager/ 

“In an initial call to Ian lasting over two hours, it was clear he was interviewing me. He wanted to know about the project, no holds barred”, said John.

“This led to a meeting at Papa’s fish restaurant in Cleethorpes. Anyone who knows Ian will know that his lovely wife Kim is always part of his decision making and she was also with us. The interview continued for another 4 hours, Ian wanted to know even more about the club, its workings and much more.”

20 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Top bloke. Hope it works out.

was amazed to hear they have moved house 43 times!

Played and managed 16 clubs in total (Some are the same clubs and many are close together).  I’d suggest he just likes moving house... or, more likely, his wife does! 

35 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Played and managed 16 clubs in total (Some are the same clubs and many are close together).  I’d suggest he just likes moving house... or, more likely, his wife does! 

His daughter's (s') disability might have something to do with it too. 

22 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/december/holloway-appointed-first-team-manager/ 

“In an initial call to Ian lasting over two hours, it was clear he was interviewing me. He wanted to know about the project, no holds barred”, said John.

“This led to a meeting at Papa’s fish restaurant in Cleethorpes. Anyone who knows Ian will know that his lovely wife Kim is always part of his decision making and she was also with us. The interview continued for another 4 hours, Ian wanted to know even more about the club, its workings and much more.”

If he went to Papa’s not Steels his judgement has to be questioned. 

5 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

His daughter's (s') disability might have something to do with it too. 

Possibly. But I seriously doubt it. Indeed, the (very many) disabled people I know and deal with need the opposite... stability in a well adapted home. Tend to move very infrequently, if ever. 

22 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

The burning question here has to be, did he have Haddock, Cod or Plaice? 

16 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Possibly. But I seriously doubt it. Indeed, the (very many) disabled people I know and deal with need the opposite... stability in a well adapted home. Tend to move very infrequently, if ever. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.theguardian.com/observer/osm/story/0,6903,1072689,00.html&ved=2ahUKEwjj87iUxeLmAhWQEMAKHaK_CtoQjjgwC3oECAkQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3IbIkd78Bv9vcB1kpsoJgN&cshid=1577886651606

Interesting take on it here.

3 hours ago, mick26 said:

Ash Hunter to Salford from Fleetwood on loan - good signing.

Yes he is. Confirmation that they are losing one of Doyle or Yates? However EFL site is saying they are trying to get Bradford to let Doyle go on a free!

2 minutes ago, astottie said:

Yes he is. Confirmation that they are losing one of Doyle or Yates? However EFL site is saying they are trying to get Bradford to let Doyle go on a free!

I'm confused. Not sure what this Fleetwood to Salford loan has to do with Swindon.

33 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I'm confused. Not sure what this Fleetwood to Salford loan has to do with Swindon.

That's because for the second time in 24 hours I have mixed up Salford and Swindon. I'll go for a lie down.

2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

McMahon resigns from Macclesfield.  Rumours that 4 of their players are about to be sold.  Not looking good for them.

Might be looking good for us next week , won’t hold my breath though 

On a related note, I wonder if the fact that there are no Macclesfield tickets on sale is a sign that they're not confident the game will be on for that Macc don't trust us to hand the cash over for the ones we sell.

Archived