The Trust - first engagement with AL

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Will he be putting some money in?

Someone else has asked a similar question on Twitter.... and I find it an odd one. Just because the gentleman is MD of a large business, doesn't mean he's a multi-millionaire, notwithstanding he is likely to be well remunerated compared to the average person.

I read his recruitment to the trust as someone who can provide expert corporate governance advice to the chair, whom represents our interest on the board of directors of the limited company with which we care for. Should the owner of said limited company wish to run it with an effective board in the first place.

Edited by lookersstandandy

9 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Not trying to be pedantic and certainly not trying to pick holes in the Trust. I am sure he brings talent and experience..

Mr Flynn appears to be a managing director AT JP Morgan not OF JP Morgan-there is a massive difference in responsibility and salary (I would imagine).

What the Trust have said is correct. Companies like JP Morgan don't have an MD, they have Managing Directors and a Chief Executive who is like the latter of your post.

53 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

He's a board director of the Trust.

Co-opted at the moment Jorvik....as you know we recommend this first like serving your apprenticeship unless its a skills set we have a gap in. Jason has attended two meetings and decided its something he wants to get involved in voluntary.

We have another person considering co-opting in that we met the other day. Hoping we can announce this one soon

Edited by underdog

15 minutes ago, underdog said:

Co-opted at the moment Jorvik....as you know we recommend this first like serving your apprenticeship unless its a skills set we have a gap in. Jason has attended two meetings and decided its something he wants to get involved in voluntary.

We have another person considering co-opting in that we met the other day. Hoping we can announce this one soon

Bet it's a long time since he served an apprenticeship :grin:

16 minutes ago, underdog said:

He's still on the Trust board which was my point really. BP thought he was on the club board.

38 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Bet it's a long time since he served an apprenticeship :grin:

Probably...but gives both parties an exit strategy by co-opting if it does not work out...rather than the additional admin of registering and resigning a director with companies house.

His insights so far have been most enlightening and I hope, give some people a bit of piece of mind that we do have people with the business nounce to recognise not just corporate good governance, but key markers when there is not and when the Trust legal responsibilities have to take president.

17 minutes ago, underdog said:

Probably...but gives both parties an exit strategy by co-opting if it does not work out...rather than the additional admin of registering and resigning a director with companies house.

His insights so far have been most enlightening and I hope, give some people a bit of piece of mind that we do have people with the business nounce to recognise not just corporate good governance, but key markers when there is not and when the Trust legal responsibilities have to take president.

It's very good of Mr. Flynn to give his time up to help the Trust. His knowledge and experience will be invaluable if the unthinkable happens and AL walks away.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 10:24 PM, underdog said:

Yes the AGM and fans democratic voting is a wonderful thing...so lets put a little bit of reality out there shall we and in no particular order of at least my concerns

HMRC outcome pending.

Clubs late submission of accounts.

No club board or board meetings in the last 12 months.

Staff turnover.

Owner.

Landlord.

Ex owner.

The plan (yep...12 months nearly now. Time has been given for slowly, slowly.

Fans match day experience

LookersstandAndy is putting sensible stuff out there that we ALL should be paying attention too. 

Now lets manage expectations of what 9 volunteers can do who meet once a month shall we.....

oh yes with a little bit of support from Supporters Direct...what we could potentially achieve or tap into if needed

Good for you underdog. Quite why <insult deleted - please refrain in future> simplythemostimportantkick downvoted you for saying this is anyone's guess......oh, I answered my own question 😂

Edited by Zorrro

On 1/15/2019 at 9:22 PM, underdog said:

sometimes when your playing hardball...you need a bigger bat...I am sure thats from a movie but i can't remember which one...hahah

We all have varied skillsets but we are missing people with decent business skills as we have been low on numbers for a couple of months.

A corporate lawyer/solicitor and an accountant would be ideal

Do you need to be a fully qualified accountant or would part qualified be useful?

If part qualified is of any use I may be able to help out within the next 6 months or so.

Edited by RobOAFC

14 hours ago, RobOAFC said:

Do you need to be a fully qualified accountant or would part qualified be useful?

If part qualified is of any use I may be able to help out within the next 6 months or so.

If you can pm me your contact details Rob, I will pass it over to the key people in the Trust who can explain what exactly we are looking for and what experience/any quals needed.

Our Trust Treasurer has recently resigned but has agreed to continue with our finances until they need to be submitted to the accountant/signed off and submitted to companies house. This will be end of January. 

Thanks

8 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

I could do a brew run? When l say run, l mean if it’s in the same room and l can pretend l’m not listening?

Your on.....we are moving to a location for future meetings that has a kettle and heating...we are moving up in the world.

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Your on.....we are moving to a location for future meetings that has a kettle and heating...we are moving up in the world.

i read that as a constantly moving location for each meeting at first, you get a text telling you the location 15 mins before the start!!!

2 hours ago, singe said:

i read that as a constantly moving location for each meeting at first, you get a text telling you the location 15 mins before the start!!!

How did you know this important info???...Do you know about our secret hand shake and tattoo?

Its part of the sshhhhh......mystique about the Trust...not even the Trust team gets to know if your invited to that meeting until you get that text

obviously all above all haha... joke

We were using the O2 Walkers electrical but its A) Bloody freezing even in summer. b) There is no kettle   C)  its recently been refurbished so not an ideal a location (it really wasn't an ideal location for those with mobility issues anyway...those stairs are scary in the pitch dark when iced up I will tell you.

We have been using one of the directors business premises but we might have a more permanent place soon.

Edited by underdog