Same XI as Port Vale would do me.  It might seem defensive only having O'Grady up front but I think Lang and Nepomuceno would have a lot of joy against their back 3.

It's a really weird game.  On paper they've got a very useful squad at this level, their manager knows how to organise a lower league team and they apparently deserved to beat Bury last time out.  But we bossed it against them last time without scoring and when I saw them earlier in the season their defence was a shambles beyond belief.

I'll take a scrappy win.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

4-2-3-1 all day long for me. You've got to have the ball to score and an extra man in midfield means you have more chance of winning it back quicker. It also allows Maouche to pull the strings as it gives him that added protection.

433 when attacking too.

If only Oldham fans understood.

30 minutes ago, rvlatic said:

Has Lang not gone back to Wigan now?

Joined on loan to January 1st, so hopefully he can play today, and also have the loan extended to the end of the season 🤞

that would be a positive pre match announcement today 

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2018/august/14082018-callum-lang/

I have no idea which team will turn up today but I am looking forward to it.

Be interesting to see who is on the bench as I would have thought the Fulham game would have persuaded one or two to stay and Abdallah to make sure they were available Sunday.

8 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Really not sure who is playing where on the left flank, but one thing for sure is that Andy Taylor really isn't rated!

Even if he’s not rated, I’m sure we’d play a left back at left back. Nepo isn’t great defensively. I reckon Taylor won’t be 100% fit. 

9 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

So I make that to be:

Iverson

Hamer

Clarke

Edmundson

Nepomuceno

Lyden

Missilou

Lang

Maouche

Branger-Engone

O'Grady

Really not sure who is playing where on the left flank, but one thing for sure is that Andy Taylor really isn't rated!

Don't think its a case of Taylor not rated, probably not 100% fit.