Lang back for the rest of the season

Just now, Wardie said:

A bit harsh, it's all about different perspectives. There is, I suppose, a case to be heard for both sides of the argument but I am coming down on the side that Surridge should be used if he is available. The final say rests with Wild, though.

It’s like saying he shouldn’t have played in any other games cos he won’t be here next season. We have a far better chance of doing something  with him in the side than not. My buddy 22 is entitled to his opinion yeah. I’m entitled to point  out it’s a bollox one too. 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

It’s like saying he shouldn’t have played in any other games cos he won’t be here next season. We have a far better chance of doing something  with him in the side than not. My buddy 22 is entitled to his opinion yeah. I’m entitled to point  out it’s a bollox one too. 😁

Haha, I'll give you that one. :D

Ofcourse Surridge should be played regardless of it being his swan-song, always play your best 11 and I'm sure he won't be found wanting as this is a massive opportunity for all young talent to showcase their future credentials.

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Wish we could have a team of Callum Langs, just love this blokes enthusiasm and general love for the game, as loanees go he's top drawer. 

Top lad, I was very critical of him earlier in the season but I was completely wrong + as you say, his attitude is fantastic.

It’s a reminder to me to always give players a chance.

And finally, anyone who quotes Wolf of Wall Street is a winner in my book 💰😎

6 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Top lad, I was very critical of him earlier in the season but I was completely wrong + as you say, his attitude is fantastic.

It’s a reminder to me to always give players a chance.

And finally, anyone who quotes Wolf of Wall Street is a winner in my book 💰😎

Coincidentally on More4 right now. 

• Like 1

I can totally understand why people are a bit funny about him starting, but the issue is with the whole loan system - not the player.

The recall option should only be there for if the club needs the player back for themselves, not because he has done well and bigger clubs want to loan him.

Seems stupid that Lang, who we loaned for half a season, will be here for the whole season; but Surridge, who we loaned for the whole season, will only be here for half.

We should play our best 11 though, and if that is Surridge in the Wild man's eyes, then he should start.

6 hours ago, BlueInAus said:

I can totally understand why people are a bit funny about him starting, but the issue is with the whole loan system - not the player.

The recall option should only be there for if the club needs the player back for themselves, not because he has done well and bigger clubs want to loan him.

Seems stupid that Lang, who we loaned for half a season, will be here for the whole season; but Surridge, who we loaned for the whole season, will only be here for half.

We should play our best 11 though, and if that is Surridge in the Wild man's eyes, then he should start.

Very fair point, my take on it though is the problem isn't so much Bournemouth wanting him to move to another team because let's face it his stock has risen whilst he's been here, I personally think that's a smoke screen because Surridge would prefer a club closer to home, it's disappointing but looking back signing a young lad off the south coast was maybe a mistake, let's face it the lads picked and choosed his games, signed himself on the sick for several weeks and at times cruised through games as if they are an inconvenience, don't get me wrong he's got many attributes but for me his heart hasn't 100% been in it, shame really because potentially he could of bagged 30 goals this season and had a promotion on his CV but unlike Lang he's here for himself and has probably had a move on his mind for weeks, hope he stays commits to us for the season and keeps his head down but I won't hold my breath, as for playing him Sunday you have to play your best eleven and if fit he starts.

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Scrap that. O'Grady will start...

If CoG is fit (and Hunt has recovered from his knock) and Lyden is available, then it will be: 

Iversen, Hamer, Edmundson, Clarke, Hunt, Nepomuceno, Lyden, Missilou, Maouche, Lang, O’Grady as our starting eleven. A fluid 4-5-1 with the emphasis on keeping it tight but catching them on the break methinks 🤔

The bench will be interesting as you are allowed seven in t’cup. La Paz, Surridge, Branger-Engone, Baxter maybe? Plus some kids.

A day to remember whatever happens 😀

14 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

If CoG is fit (and Hunt has recovered from his knock) and Lyden is available, then it will be: 

Iversen, Hamer, Edmundson, Clarke, Hunt, Nepomuceno, Lyden, Missilou, Maouche, Lang, O’Grady as our starting eleven. A fluid 4-5-1 with the emphasis on keeping it tight but catching them on the break methinks 🤔

The bench will be interesting as you are allowed seven in t’cup. La Paz, Surridge, Branger-Engone, Baxter maybe? Plus some kids.

A day to remember whatever happens 😀

After Maidstone would be surprised not to see young Williams on the bench. Would he still set the record if he gets on? 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Very fair point, my take on it though is the problem isn't so much Bournemouth wanting him to move to another team because let's face it his stock has risen whilst he's been here, I personally think that's a smoke screen because Surridge would prefer a club closer to home, it's disappointing but looking back signing a young lad off the south coast was maybe a mistake, let's face it the lads picked and choosed his games, signed himself on the sick for several weeks and at times cruised through games as if they are an inconvenience, don't get me wrong he's got many attributes but for me his heart hasn't 100% been in it, shame really because potentially he could of bagged 30 goals this season and had a promotion on his CV but unlike Lang he's here for himself and has probably had a move on his mind for weeks, hope he stays commits to us for the season and keeps his head down but I won't hold my breath, as for playing him Sunday you have to play your best eleven and if fit he starts.

Good post.

I’m afraid Surridge appears typical of so many young footballers these days, it’s all about the money and the next move. As you say, much better to see Lang’s attitude which is for the team and the joy of playing football for your job!! In the long term I hope that attitude serves Lang better than Surridge’ approach