• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, chickenbaltipie said:

A trial is a spell of competitive league matches for me, not a kick about on little Wembley or a friendly against Dale reserves.

Clubs find doing that difficult. A player has to be registered to play in a league game. Players can only play for 2 clubs in a season and a player who leaves a club outside the January transfer window can't then play for another club. Or if they leave between September and end of December they then have to wait until January to sign for another club. 

Behind close doors games against Dale (or any other local sides') reserves is often the best trial a player can have. 

That's without factoring in the George Weah's cousin fiasco. 

16 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Bound to score an hat trick at Doncaster after all the adverse comments.

Watching him in the warm up at Macclesfield ( and to use an old Joe Royle quote) he couldn’t hit a cows a..e with a banjo ... never mind score an hat trick, he may improve given time , but in the meantime we need to give Duffus as chance (regardless of what Lemsagam says) 

1 hour ago, mad4it said:

Watching him in the warm up at Macclesfield ( and to use an old Joe Royle quote) he couldn’t hit a cows a..e with a banjo ... never mind score an hat trick, he may improve given time , but in the meantime we need to give Duffus as chance (regardless of what Lemsagam says) 

I think he hit me with one. I'm not sure what that says about my looks.

• 2 months later...
Just now, oafcshuck said:

What's happened to him?

Hope he can bag 5 in the last 5 games to make us finish 7th.

Then bag a last minute winner in front of 2,500 blues on the Friday night in the play-offs at Tranmere. 

I don't think there's much chance of him bagging 5 if he stayed until the end of next season.

22 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Urko Vera baby. I reckon he would if he was given game-time. 

If he did, they'd all have to be with his feet. He'd never bag with a header. He's that very rare breed that is 6'2" stood up, but only 5'9" when he jumps.

19 minutes ago, rosa said:

I'm gonna donate another £25 to your fundraiser for every goal he scores the rest of this season, Pete 😉

I've always loved you :imnotworthy: . Don't tell Mr rosa! That's very generous, but I think your money is safe.

Archived