• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Had the pleasure of meeting Urko Vera at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.

Maybe we have signed him as the turn for the staff Christmas party.

20 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Had the pleasure of meeting Urko Vera at a charity do once. He was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.

Good for dressing room morale.

Jesus, I’m scraping the barrel here.

3 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

He could be very good with a full pre-season under his belt and a run of games. 

Let's not forget he played most of his career at a much higher level before his abortive few months with us.... 

You never know...

1 hour ago, NewBlue said:

He was bloody funny when he was playing. It would have been a real comedy act if it hadn't been serious.

2 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

No. Only started 3 games for us in total. Scored once. Not saying I'm happy or he's a good signing, but he's hardly had a string of games. Hopefully a pre season will do him good. Was playing for a team that's been in the Champions League as recently as October.

That's because he wasn't good enough to start any more. I was delighted when he wasn't in the squad and hoped to God he'd never come off the bench. Unfortunately, he did.

1 minute ago, Bristolatic said:

That's because he wasn't good enough to start any more. I was delighted when he wasn't in the squad and hoped to God he'd never come off the bench. Unfortunately, he did.

I disagree. Why would Mo re-sign him them?

Just now, Bristolatic said:

Because Mo hasn't got a sodding clue what a decent footballer is. Sefil, Omrani, Branger (a lot of the time). Need I go on?

But surely he'd have started him at the end of last season if he thought Vera was ....

34 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

He could be very good with a full pre-season under his belt and a run of games. 

Let's not forget he played most of his career at a much higher level before his abortive few months with us.... 

You social media narcissist. :lol:

On 1/18/2019 at 2:58 PM, Simpo said:

I like the look of this guy from the video of him scoring 20 for Mirandes a few years ago.

On 1/18/2019 at 3:18 PM, League one forever said:

Is this is a bit of coup? 

Certainly looks like he’s got a good pedigree. 

On 1/18/2019 at 3:43 PM, longtimeblue said:

Based on nothing, I reckon this will be a top signing

On 1/18/2019 at 4:04 PM, al_bro said:

I don't know why, but I get the impression that this guy will be a real handful for the opposition.

On 1/18/2019 at 4:05 PM, Ryan said:

Agree with other posters. Can’t really put my finger on why, but I really like the look of this signing...

On 1/18/2019 at 4:37 PM, Ritchierich said:

With absolutely no evidence to back it up and having never heard of him.....I think...……..this will be a brilliant signing :)

On 1/18/2019 at 4:45 PM, Bristolatic said:

He sure looks a bit handy. Just might be the signing we've been looking for.

On 1/18/2019 at 4:49 PM, leeslover said:

I'm going to leap to the conclusion that we've signed Nat Lofthouse 

On 1/19/2019 at 5:24 AM, OL9erlatic said:

He'll become our Juan Ugarte, bag 15 by the end of the season........then fall of the face of the earth

On 1/19/2019 at 9:12 AM, fleetwood Blue said:

Just watched vera’s goals on youtube from 14/15 season, he can definately finish..

begs the question, how the fuck have we managed to get him? 😃

On 1/19/2019 at 9:21 AM, kowenicki said:

This guy has a bit of a potential fans favourite about him. 

On 1/19/2019 at 10:20 AM, Flemboy said:

Hope he becomes like a modern day Jimmy Fryatt....now THAT would liven up this division!!

A few comments from the first time around...👀

Archived