• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I nearly posted this a couple of months back, but knew I'd be met with a backlash from the likes of Kowinecki.

Allegedely, in the Jan transfer window, our then manager asked to sign a striker from Newcastle on loan. He was told that we didn't have the finances to pay the wage contribution to Newcastle that was required. Two weeks later, Urko Vera turns up on a short term contract earning 3 times the amount that we were due to be paying Newcastle...

8 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I nearly posted this a couple of months back, but knew I'd be met with a backlash from the likes of Kowinecki.

Allegedely, in the Jan transfer window, our then manager asked to sign a striker from Newcastle on loan. He was told that we didn't have the finances to pay the wage contribution to Newcastle that was required. Two weeks later, Urko Vera turns up on a short term contract earning 3 times the amount that we were due to be paying Newcastle...

Oooh, lookerstandandy will love you for this!!!!

29 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Who was the striker?

2 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

He could be very good with a full pre-season under his belt and a run of games. 

Let's not forget he played most of his career at a much higher level before his abortive few months with us.... 

You been hacked by @boundaryblue hun?

54 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

And why would you get a backlash regarding it? 

IF that’s true it’s ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Ross has been the voice of reason this summer (“won it all with al kuwait” aside :grin: ) 

Pre seasons are a myth anyway but if someone of his experience needs 4 weeks on Little Wembley to give of his best then it probably doesn't say a lot about him...

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Wild wanted Richie Bennett in Jan as well but was told we couldn't afford him.

Tbh this doesn't really concern me. The fella was clearly way off the pace when he first appeared for us. Hopefully, he's had a real good stint at getting fit - and could turn out to be very good in this league. He showed a nice touch and awareness - other players were a bit slow to see his vision. Let's wait and see. 

I await the howls of laughter in response but I do think we were too quick to judge here.

16 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Tbh this doesn't really concern me. The fella was clearly way off the pace when he first appeared for us. Hopefully, he's had a real good stint at getting fit - and could turn out to be very good in this league. He showed a nice touch and awareness - other players were a bit slow to see his vision. Let's wait and see. 

I await the howls of laughter in response but I do think we were too quick to judge here.

:petesake:

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

:petesake:

yardog - please cut me some slack - I`ve been on tramadol for a month due to a back injury. The consultant said they may affect my judgement !!! 🤪

4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It's not even Vera specifically that I'm annoyed about (although it makes absolutely no sense bringing him back going off last season's showing), it's the wastefullness of the ownership backed up by examples like this which I can't get my head around.

I really hope it's sustainable until new people take over from them at any stage, because I don't think we'll be in the Football League (or in existence) by the time they're finished with us at this rate.

Archived