15 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Iversen

Hunt - Clarke - Edmundson - Nepomuceno

Missilou

Dearnley - Maouche - Baxter - Branger

Lang

This simply has to be the formation to go with.  Even if they have returned to training, the Forest & West Ham lads wont be thrown straight in.

Can Lang play (effectively) on his own up front?

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Which end is the west stand ? Is it the end that was pay on the day last season or the bigger end ? Are we close to selling out yet does anyone know ? 

It's the 'bigger' end that you needed a ticket for (the same end used when we had a couple of hundred locked out) last season. 

Edited by rudemedic

16 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Will probably make it pay on the day. That west stand has only sold about 600 tickets so plenty of room. 

Just now, simplythemostimportantkick said:

So my ticket for the west stand is the bigger one ? 

Shit the bed !! So this answers my question.  Gonna be in the non atmospheric end again then !! Rubbish that. 

As a newly  rejuvenated latics fan (work and family commitments got in the way ) I'm now back following my team.

So taking my Mrs as well to the Bury match and a few beers before.

Is the town centre the place to have a few or better nearer the ground?

3 minutes ago, pinchme said:

As a newly  rejuvenated latics fan (work and family commitments got in the way ) I'm now back following my team.

So taking my Mrs as well to the Bury match and a few beers before.

Is the town centre the place to have a few or better nearer the ground?

I live in Bury. I’d recommend the town centre tbh. Wetherspoons and Two tubbs close to each other are alright. I believe the swan and cemetery on bury rd walking distance to the ground is decent and allows away fans. Rudemedic can probably offer better advice as I don’t frequent pubs anymore really. 

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Shit the bed !! So this answers my question.  Gonna be in the non atmospheric end again then !! Rubbish that. 

West stand we’ve sold 1200+ in

East Stand we’ve sold 1354 which is the first allocation of tickets they gave us

Got about 800 tickets left, reckon we will shift 100/200 next couple of days. Unsure on POTD atm

Both stands will be packed and bouncing so fans shouldn’t worry about being in a “non-atmospheric” stand

Edited by OAFCBilly

6 minutes ago, OAFCBilly said:

East Stand we’ve sold 1354 which is the first allocation of tickets they gave us

Got about 800 tickets left, reckon we will shift 100/200 next couple of days. Unsure on POTD atm

Both stands will be packed and bouncing so fans shouldn’t worry about being in a “non-atmospheric” stand

Thanks Billy. I hope your right. It just seemed last season it was miles better at the opposite end to where I was. Maybe a case of the grass being greener ? Or maybe just my terrible memory and there might have been about 100 of us there. 

3 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Thanks Billy. I hope your right. It just seemed last season it was miles better at the opposite end to where I was. Maybe a case of the grass being greener ? Or maybe just my terrible memory and there might have been about 100 of us there. 

They’ve done it the opposite way this year so the smaller stand which housed a couple of hundred POTDers last season is the one that’s sold out. There will be about 1,300 in each based on current sales.

11 hours ago, OAFCBilly said:

Won't be bouncing when we score a few

Weird one this...on paper it's sadly a routine home win. However, funnily enough I'm more relaxed about it following drawing with Crewe and losing to Morecambe. 

For me, we have to starve their midfield of possession. They have Mayor and O'Shea who basically do it all for them, so I think if we stop them, we stop Bury and they may have to resort to playing long.

The way to do this, I think is, despite them playing with wingbacks and using the width, they do this to open up gaps in the middle so those two mentioned can roam. Therefore, i'd play a narrow diamond and make it a real battle in midfield. This would starve them of space and force them wide. Albeit, we may be caught 1v1 out wide, as long as you defend the box, we should be absolutely fine.

I'd play:

Iversen

Hunt     Clarke         Edmundson     Nepomuceno

Missilou

Maouche      Branger

Baxter

Dearnley    Lang

The two strikers are basically to break with pace. If it doesn't work, you could always drop back into a 5, move Dearnley out one side and Branger out on the other.

Just my thoughts                       

36 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Weird one this...on paper it's sadly a routine home win. However, funnily enough I'm more relaxed about it following drawing with Crewe and losing to Morecambe. 

For me, we have to starve their midfield of possession. They have Mayor and O'Shea who basically do it all for them, so I think if we stop them, we stop Bury and they may have to resort to playing long.

The way to do this, I think is, despite them playing with wingbacks and using the width, they do this to open up gaps in the middle so those two mentioned can roam. Therefore, i'd play a narrow diamond and make it a real battle in midfield. This would starve them of space and force them wide. Albeit, we may be caught 1v1 out wide, as long as you defend the box, we should be absolutely fine.

I'd play:

Iversen

Missilou

Maouche      Branger

Baxter

Dearnley    Lang

The two strikers are basically to break with pace. If it doesn't work, you could always drop back into a 5, move Dearnley out one side and Branger out on the other.

Just my thoughts                       

Good idea and a great team selection 

They have two good wingers so Hunt & Nepo have to be switched on and Maouche, Branger, and Missilou will have to work very hard to minimise the threat from their midfield, especially Danny Mayor,  if he gets time on the ball he will rip us a new one.

We will need to keep the ball on the floor so Baxter, Lang and Dearnley will have to provide an outlet. I don’t want to see Edmundson & Clarke hoofing it up field at every opportunity!

There are goals in that front two with Baxter behind but I don’t think there’ll be too many chances so when they do come they will have to make them count.

Our last two home results have put a dampener on this game but there will still be a cracking atmosphere as the playoffs are still a possibility. Make no mistake it’s definitely a game we can win but we need an 8/10 from everyone of them!

1 hour ago, unsworthlatic said:

I'd play:

Iversen

Missilou

Maouche      Branger

Baxter

Dearnley    Lang

Just my thoughts                       

our midfeild isnt just oshea and mayor we have now signed Rossiter whose been immense since coming and Adams has 10 assists and deliverers more crosses than any other player in the football league. not too shabby. Be a cracking game and great atmosphere lads