Season Ticket prices frozen

38 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Why are so many ex managers, players and employees afraid to speak out about their full reasons for leaving the club?

They can't all have signed NDAs.

Any employment solicitor would advise someone to "keep quiet" in a situation like this BP. The financial penalties around slander (spoken word) and libel (written word) can be eye watering. Presently, you may have the owner's lawyers looking into breach of contract etc. on Scholes' part. It's the world we live in now unfortunately; the truth very rarely comes out for fear of saying just one thing that may not be factual.

Regarding season ticket, it's ironic but I had emailed the owner, via the club, on Wednesday expressing my concerns and that I would not be renewing unless there was an official communication that a) there would be a mass clearout of the playing staff b) the pitch would be sorted and c) funds made available to PS for recruitment in the summer (the sort of thing PS should have had in writing before taking the job tbh!).

Latics is in my blood and it will hurt not to renew - but I`m not doing now. I would rather sit it out and pay on the day if/when some sanity returns.

56 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Any employment solicitor would advise someone to "keep quiet" in a situation like this BP. The financial penalties around slander (spoken word) and libel (written word) can be eye watering. Presently, you may have the owner's lawyers looking into breach of contract etc. on Scholes' part. It's the world we live in now unfortunately; the truth very rarely comes out for fear of saying just one thing that may not be factual.

Regarding season ticket, it's ironic but I had emailed the owner, via the club, on Wednesday expressing my concerns and that I would not be renewing unless there was an official communication that a) there would be a mass clearout of the playing staff b) the pitch would be sorted and c) funds made available to PS for recruitment in the summer (the sort of thing PS should have had in writing before taking the job tbh!).

Latics is in my blood and it will hurt not to renew - but I`m not doing now. I would rather sit it out and pay on the day if/when some sanity returns.

Not really the time to be laughing, but an individual fan emailing the club with a list of questions they NEED answering before they will renew is fuckin hilarious.

• Like 1

Just now, Monty Burns said:

Not really the time to be laughing, but an individual fan emailing the club with a list of questions they NEED answering before they will renew is fuckin hilarious.

Very true, Monty - when you think about it, it's crazy!

I was just so annoyed at the lack of communication about some very obvious things that needed rectifying I thought - why not? If nothing else I thought it may may them sit up and take notice that fans are not simply "cash cows" to be milked. Even our loyalty has its limits - as we are now witnessing unfortunately.

On 3/15/2019 at 1:01 AM, BP1960 said:

I'm not renewing my season ticket, I fear administration is looming with no chance of getting my money back if that happens.

Are my fears groundless?

I'd be interested to know if credit card companies are willing to facilitate payments. 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Because they'd have to refund you! 

If they think that's a likely scenario then they won't facilitate. 

Hi Dave - I worked many years in finance and dealt with insolvencies and subsequent claims for prior credit card purchases under S.75 Consumer Credit Act. Basically, if someone buys a season ticket (or even just paid a "deposit" on one and paid the rest by another means) costing over 100 pounds then they are protected by the credit card company (actually the merchant acquirer underneath but that's all a bit technical) if the supplying company becomes insolvent and fails to supply the services paid for (in this case football matches).

I can't see why Latics would not allow credit card purchases - if they don't it's likely because they don't want to pay the commission due to the credit card company (although they could easily pass that onto the purchaser). If they won't take credit card payments any more (as you've stated), that's a worry because it means merchant acquirers think there is too much risk associated with the retailer (i.e. Latics).

Another interesting one - particularly as tramfixer says he purchased by credit card 2 weeks ago.

The protection afforded by credit cards only applies in the event of failing to supply product/services, faulty goods etc. - now you could argue we've not had any decent product for years!! - in all seriousness though, to clarify, paying on credit card doesn't give you an automatic right to a refund simply if you change your mind. That depends on several factors, terms and conditions of sale etc.

Hope that makes sense - I`m just in from the pub! Goodnight

12 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Hi Dave - I worked many years in finance and dealt with insolvencies and subsequent claims for prior credit card purchases under S.75 Consumer Credit Act. Basically, if someone buys a season ticket (or even just paid a "deposit" on one and paid the rest by another means) costing over 100 pounds then they are protected by the credit card company (actually the merchant acquirer underneath but that's all a bit technical) if the supplying company becomes insolvent and fails to supply the services paid for (in this case football matches).

I can't see why Latics would not allow credit card purchases - if they don't it's likely because they don't want to pay the commission due to the credit card company (although they could easily pass that onto the purchaser). If they won't take credit card payments any more (as you've stated), that's a worry because it means merchant acquirers think there is too much risk associated with the retailer (i.e. Latics).

Another interesting one - particularly as tramfixer says he purchased by credit card 2 weeks ago.

The protection afforded by credit cards only applies in the event of failing to supply product/services, faulty goods etc. - now you could argue we've not had any decent product for years!! - in all seriousness though, to clarify, paying on credit card doesn't give you an automatic right to a refund simply if you change your mind. That depends on several factors, terms and conditions of sale etc.

Hope that makes sense - I`m just in from the pub! Goodnight

Yes, I get all that. I'm talking about whether the credit card companies will deal with Latics given the obvious risk that they will end up issuing refunds. 

14 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Yes, I get all that. I'm talking about whether the credit card companies will deal with Latics given the obvious risk that they will end up issuing refunds. 

16 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Because they'd have to refund you! 

If they think that's a likely scenario then they won't facilitate. 

I know that.  Not sure anything will have changed as far as they are concerned.  

14 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Unless I’m doing something wrong, don’t seem to be able to buy tickets on line when I go via the OS ??

8 minutes ago, mossleyblue said:

Unless I’m doing something wrong, don’t seem to be able to buy tickets on line when I go via the OS ??

Don't tell me the the clubs broadband account has been shut down.

45 minutes ago, mossleyblue said:

You need to assign your Season Card customer reference number (in brackets next to your name) to your eticketing account.

Full details on how to do this can be found at ticketguide.latics.co.uk...

Alternatively if you want you can call us and we'll help :)

36 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Don't tell me the the clubs broadband account has been shut down.

Nope!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, OAFCBilly said:

You need to assign your Season Card customer reference number (in brackets next to your name) to your eticketing account.

Full details on how to do this can be found at ticketguide.latics.co.uk...

Alternatively if you want you can call us and we'll help :)

Nope!

Ok - I’ll have a look thanks

49 minutes ago, losesome said:

Same thing happened to me, I have 2 S/T but account only shows 1.

I can't seem to add other ticket to it,  Also like you when I do click on the one I have to pay it takes me to the Birmingham site!!!

Create an account for the second ticket (with a different email address). Then click on ‘network’ in either account and add the other to your network. You can then allow the other to manage tickets. 

18 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Create an account for the second ticket (with a different email address). Then click on ‘network’ in either account and add the other to your network. You can then allow the other to manage tickets. 

Life’s too short really. All sounds uneccesarilly complicated !!

Still don’t get the Birmingham link??