Trust Letter to AL

14 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Whether or not you agree/disagree with the Trust's approach or you are with or against a protest, at least moves are being made to let Lemsagam know how he is held in disregard by the majority of the fan base. It may not bother him as he doesn't seem to be the type to be affected by those that disagree with him. The only effect seems to be a sacking, or so we are led to believe.

If fans want to hold a protest, that's fine. If others don't want to join in, that's fine too. Some will never set foot in Boundary Park again whilst he owns the club. That's a sad indictment of how the club is run, but that's fine. Others will continue to support the club and attend matches. That's also fine. It boils down to an individual's take on what is a very sad situation.

The fact that Abdallah has not even had the good grace to acknowledge the Trust's letter, irrespective of how you feel about it or it its content, speaks volumes about the man's arrogance, lack of manners or social skills and total disregard for the fans that he says are the lifeblood of the club. What he says and what he does are polar opposites.

The really sad thing is that we all, I think, welcomed him as it meant the Corney reign was over. I actually shook his hand at Oxford, thanking him for rescuing our club and looking forward to a brighter future. He said, "Thank you. I want to do this for the fans". Had I known then what I know now (that he's apparently a dishonourable and deceitful individual), I'd rather have shaken his throat. 

He is slowly but surely destroying the football club that I have loved and supported for very nearly 69 years and it hurts. It won't stop me going to matches whenever I can because that's what I look forward to; supporting the players and the manager, meeting up with like minded fans that I have come to know over the years. 

I am fully in support of what every single fan decides to do. It's their choice and no one can say it is right or wrong. What I do know is that should I bump into Abdallah again, it won't be a cordial meeting. It will be an opportunity to vent my spleen (in polite terms) and let him know what a charlatan he is. (I said it would be polite).

Now let's get 3 points from Swindon this afternoon and we just might all feel a bit better if this run continues.

Spot on Pete, everyone will take their own stance, for me the Clown should have acknowledged the letter even if it was only to say thanks for the letter and your concerns, he could have then said he will address the issues at a later date perhaps close season. He didn't have the decency to even acknowledge the letter. 

It hurts me to not attend the football club I love but it won't stop me attending only away fixtures next season. 

15 minutes ago, underdog said:

Hello Hands....It wasn't a trust fans meeting only

It was a fan meeting regardless of the type of supporter you were as we felt the issues we for all to discuss. In fact from the attendance list only 25 were Trust members.

We wanted to represent the mood of the fan base and the outcome from the fans there was that they wanted a dialogue still and thats what we threw our weight behind.

Hope this makes sense.

Really!? Blimey.  How many trust member are there? 

So, those disagreeing  with the Trust's new apprach for being more on the front foot what is your plan?

So far, I have not seen many alternative suggestions.

Doing nothing is simply not a credible option.

Kowenicki, I  am not including you in this because a) you spelt outwhat you were going to do b) The detail of the letter is more aligned with my personal opinion albeit I think sending the letter was right. I would have phrased it differently personally. BUT, huge but, I  respect that I have re-joined the Trust, they are representing fans that turn up and turned up to the meeting , and thy are there doing do happy they continue. I cannot criticise when I cannot contribute. My views were given as feedback, hopefully listened to but no right to expect.  I welcome the Trust's new approach, and using Supporters Direct more too.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Whether or not you agree/disagree with the Trust's approach or you are with or against a protest, at least moves are being made to let Lemsagam know how he is held in disregard by the majority of the fan base. It may not bother him as he doesn't seem to be the type to be affected by those that disagree with him. The only effect seems to be a sacking, or so we are led to believe.

If fans want to hold a protest, that's fine. If others don't want to join in, that's fine too. Some will never set foot in Boundary Park again whilst he owns the club. That's a sad indictment of how the club is run, but that's fine. Others will continue to support the club and attend matches. That's also fine. It boils down to an individual's take on what is a very sad situation.

The fact that Abdallah has not even had the good grace to acknowledge the Trust's letter, irrespective of how you feel about it or it its content, speaks volumes about the man's arrogance, lack of manners or social skills and total disregard for the fans that he says are the lifeblood of the club. What he says and what he does are polar opposites.

The really sad thing is that we all, I think, welcomed him as it meant the Corney reign was over. I actually shook his hand at Oxford, thanking him for rescuing our club and looking forward to a brighter future. He said, "Thank you. I want to do this for the fans". Had I known then what I know now (that he's apparently a dishonourable and deceitful individual), I'd rather have shaken his throat. 

He is slowly but surely destroying the football club that I have loved and supported for very nearly 69 years and it hurts. It won't stop me going to matches whenever I can because that's what I look forward to; supporting the players and the manager, meeting up with like minded fans that I have come to know over the years. 

I am fully in support of what every single fan decides to do. It's their choice and no one can say it is right or wrong. What I do know is that should I bump into Abdallah again, it won't be a cordial meeting. It will be an opportunity to vent my spleen (in polite terms) and let him know what a charlatan he is. (I said it would be polite).

Now let's get 3 points from Swindon this afternoon and we just might all feel a bit better if this run continues.

Excellent post. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, singe said:

So, those disagreeing  with the Trust's new apprach for being more on the front foot what is your plan?

So far, I have not seen many alternative suggestions.

Doing nothing is simply not a credible option.

Kowenicki, I  am not including you in this because a) you spelt outwhat you were going to do b) The detail of the letter is more aligned with my personal opinion albeit I think sending the letter was right. I would have phrased it differently personally. BUT, huge but, I  respect that I have re-joined the Trust, they are representing fans that turn up and turned up to the meeting , and thy are there doing do happy they continue. I cannot criticise when I cannot contribute. My views were given as feedback, hopefully listened to but no right to expect.  I welcome the Trust's new approach, and using Supporters Direct more too.

👍. My posts aren’t supposed to be a criticism either, they are my feedback and I think they have been taken as such by the two reps that frequent this board. 

Edited by kowenicki

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

My posts aren’t supposed to be a criticism, they are my feedback and I think they have been taken as such by the two reps that frequent to board. 

Sorry yes, I was saying your feedback in the detail of the letter was aligned to how I felt. You did say you not have sent it, and that is the only bit I have a different opinion on. I hope they do view it as feedback. So far I think they have. I'm glad they are around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

AL 2 months ago..." We are one big family at Oldham Athletic, not one person here is bigger than the club which includes myself, my door is always open for a chat for anyone."

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/february/12022019-club-statement/

26 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Two great posts, sum up my own feelings.

Let's not fall out over boycott v no boycott, the Trust's current approach etc. Each to his/her own. Personally I think the Trust are taking the right approach in what must be a very fraught situation, and anyway it's easy for me to mouth off from deepest Worcestershire!

I judge a guy by his actions, not words - or in this case lack of actions. That Lemsagam doesn't even have the decency to reply to the Trust letter in any shape or form tells you all you need to know about him. He's a wrong 'un and the sooner he's out of our club and replaced by better characters (not even necessarily rich ones!) the better.

• Like 1

Think it is right that the Trust follows a process but if fans want change then action is needed now, every ticket bought only emboldens the owner to continue on this path.

Unfortunately a few wins seem to have pissed all over any chance of any action happening.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Think it is right that the Trust follows a process but if fans want change then action is needed now, every ticket bought only emboldens the owner to continue on this path.

Unfortunately a few wins seem to have pissed all over any chance of any action happening.

You see this is the kind of language I just can’t have. You would have preferred we had lost the three games so fans would be angrily pissed off and more likely to take direct action. That’s just stupid. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I think you'll find attendance and season ticket sales show the opposite.

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

That might be the case for now but its only a matter of time before we here of more unrest within the club.

It's probably not the time to protest or boycott right now but that time could and probably will come around possibly sooner rather than later. 

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

You see this is the kind of language I just can’t have. You would have preferred we had lost the three games so fans would be angrily pissed off and more likely to take direct action. That’s just stupid. 

I feel the same about the support the team not the regime lads.

Just now, kowenicki said:

So you would have preferred we lost the last three games. Thanks for confirming. 

I think the results are papering over the gaping cracks yes, bit different from wanting us to lose.

Lose today and Friday and the noise will start up again.

I think the results are papering over the gaping cracks yes, bit different from wanting us to lose.

Lose today and Friday and the noise will start up again.

...and you’ll be happy.  Ridiculous stance. 

Won't be happy but think off the pitch matters are of more significance at the current time.

At the current time? No they aren’t.

Off the pitch will not change in the next month. So the focus now should be on trying to support the team for an unlikely promotion. We are lot more attractive to new investors/owners in league 1 than league 2. 

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

At the current time? No they aren’t.

Off the pitch will not change in the next month. So the focus now should be on trying to support the team for an unlikely promotion. We are lot more attractive to new investors/owners in league 1 than league 2. 

Couldn't give it away in League 1 so that point doesn't ring true.

In the highly unlikely event that we do win promotion there is no way this owner has the means to make us remotely competitive anyway.