Pre Season 2019

13 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Mills looks the master of backwards passing.

Vera looks even more out of shape than when he arrived last season.

Sefill looked sluggish.

We will have to wait and see if they can improve. 

Thats a bit kind. I know it was only a friendly highlights reel, but have they just picked up any random bloke off the street? He didn't even look like a footballer.

Glad to see Branger has still got the ability to walk round like he was better than he is whilst losing it every time he touched it.

7 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Well that’s my bet for the season sorted. I’m using shuck logic. Stanley champions and Marseille relegated 

Fa cup and league cup winners? And a surprise golden to ticket to the champions league and win it?

11 minutes ago, youngen said:

Thats a bit kind. I know it was only a friendly highlights reel, but have they just picked up any random bloke off the street? He didn't even look like a footballer.

Glad to see Branger has still got the ability to walk round like he was better than he is whilst losing it every time he touched it.

Got shit for suggesting Sohny Sefil isn't a patch on Clarke, was told by someone whose seen him at close quarters that he'd struggle in a pub league, let's wait and see.

57 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Got shit for suggesting Sohny Sefil isn't a patch on Clarke, was told by someone whose seen him at close quarters that he'd struggle in a pub league, let's wait and see.

I can assume you spoke to Abdallah or Mo? Because anyone else giving you shit for that has no right giving opinions on football

15 minutes ago, youngen said:

I can assume you spoke to Abdallah or Mo? Because anyone else giving you shit for that has no right giving opinions on football

11 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Did you?

Ok shit was the wrong :D 

He's no replacement though.

17 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Mills looks the master of backwards passing.

Vera looks even more out of shape than when he arrived last season.

Sefill looked sluggish.

We will have to wait and see if they can improve. 

14 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I thought there was a general consensus that pre season friendlies (especially the first one) are meaningless?

Far too early to draw any conclusions. 

😮

13 hours ago, BP1960 said:

That's a myth, you can tell a lot from players in friendlies, hence some trialists aren't taken on  and others are.

Agree but the general point I made still stands; namely that after one game it’s far too early to judge. This was no more than a run out that was designed to ease players back into match play. At times it resembled a bunch of lads having a kick about down the local park.

Your comments did not address any of the trialists and merely criticised three of the squad. I was just surprised that so many piled in to have a pop...but then again this is OWTB so maybe it should be expected.

Edited by TheBigDog

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Agree but the general point I made still stands; namely that  it’s far too early to judge. This was no more than a run out that was designed to ease players back into match play. At times it resembled a bunch of lads having a kick about down the local park.

Your comments did not address any of the trialists and merely criticised three of the squad. I was just surprised that so many piled in to have a pop...but then again this is OWTB so maybe it should be expected.

Merely observations.

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Agree but the general point I made still stands; namely that after one game it’s far too early to judge. This was no more than a run out that was designed to ease players back into match play. At times it resembled a bunch of lads having a kick about down the local park.

The trialist with white hair had better improve. He stands out like a sore thumb, and if he makes a mistake it will be much more noticeable to us. If his intention is to stand out, then he'd better be good or he will be slated. He's no Aguero.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Gerrit forward.

It’s funny (well, to me anyway) because seems many people have watched that package and are filled with dead at the thought of the pass for pass sake game as they see it. Whereas l watched it and was disapointed with Stott (l think) for hoofing it when there was an obvious, simple return pass on.

19 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

It’s funny (well, to me anyway) because seems many people have watched that package and are filled with dead at the thought of the pass for pass sake game as they see it. Whereas l watched it and was disappointed with Stott (l think) for hoofing it when there was an obvious, simple return pass on.

32 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

To the “big lad”

The thing I most object to about modern football is the fact that wingers no longer cross the ball. I used to love watching a winger and full back overlap, get to the bye line and whip a cross in for a striker/forward to attack, be that the "big lad" heading in, or someone else ghosting in. Its partly what defined us. Wright, Holden, Adams, Eyres, Liddell. You just don't see it anymore do you? It got you out of your seat. 15 passes between the back 4 most certainly doesn't.

Edited by lookersstandandy
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

The thing I most object to about modern football is the fact that wingers no longer cross the ball. I used to love watching a winger and full back overlap, get to the bye line and whip a cross in for a striker/forward to attack, be that the "big lad" heading in, or someone else ghosting in. Its partly what defined us. Wright, Holden, Adams, Eyres, Liddell. You just don't see it anymore do you? It got you out of your seat. 15 passes between the back 4 most certainly doesn't.

A la Nepomuceno for Lang at Fulham