I've somewhat lightheartedly suggested in recent days that Banide probably wouldn't see out October, however having gone to the game last night and reflected on the entire situation at this moment in time, I now think it's a genuine possibility.

Let's look at his track record - rarely sees a full season at a club.  Often he's left within 6 months, whether off his own accord or sacked, and he's even been known to depart after a single game.

Watching him on the sidelines last night, he reeked of someone not wanting to be there.

I am continuously asking myself why the fuck he's come here.  He's coached in Monaco, Dubai and other Arab states, sunshine, plenty of money etc, and now he finds himself in this shithole of a situation.  Why Oldham?  There has to be an ulterior motive behind it.

It's 100% he doesn't see the season out.

I'm pretty convinced he wont see the new year.

I also have a feeling he might walk before we hit September.  

Just imagine the toxic atmosphere at games if we lose the first few games, which if we are honest is a probability not a possibility. Does he need that in his life?

How long are we giving it?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I personally think he's got (pretty much) a free reign with the fans. Most of us - well, the Agenda lads anyway - can see a mile off that he's just a puppet for these 3 bell ends* who are ruining the club...

*Hi again Baz*

I don't doubt much of that tbh, but from his perspective just how long does he consider the job 'worth it'?

30 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I personally think he's got (pretty much) a free reign with the fans. Most of us - well, the Agenda lads anyway - can see a mile off that he's just a puppet for these 3 bell ends* who are ruining the club...

*Hi again Baz*

I can't think he'd take the lion's share of the blame but if things go as badly as they might who'd want to be the front man? 

He'll be here for less time than Darren Kelly. When we appointed him, it smacked of Corney not getting the man he wanted, and first excuse to sack him he took it. I feel this will be the situation with Banide, but rather than be sacked I reckon he'll walk. I'm pinning it down as the morning after we get beat 3-0 at home by Exeter on the 20th of August

I reckon if we get tanked on Saturday, He'll walk. None of these boys are his signings. He doesn't know the league or the opposition. He doesn't know the club or the fans and how difficult we can be. The moment the final whistle goes on Saturday will show what type of guy he is.

If he would have been appointed by the previous regime and AL had then taken over he’s be gone before Saturday (I personally still think he could be).

Being an AL appointment into our new system of recruitment by himself and his brother, and having a head coach will possibly buy him some extra time. 

But as Sinnot says, he really just a puppet so it’s fairly irrelevant if he’s here or it’s someone else. The main issue is the piss poor recruitment this summer, he could be the greatest coach ever, but he’ll struggle to polish a turd.

The guy has spent the last 10 years at clubs where the owner can tell him to fuck off at the drop of a hat and where Lemmy sells the players to said owner over his head. I can't see much difference to where he's at now except the owner and the, "scout," are the same person 

It's an odd one. You'd think he'd be gone in five minutes but it's going to be difficult to criticise substitutions and team selections when the squad is made up of different shades of shit. I think most will just find him irrelevant but AL/ML will probably sack him after the first ten games (of which we won't win any).

33 minutes ago, ChrisRichard said:

I reckon if we get tanked on Saturday, He'll walk. None of these boys are his signings. He doesn't know the league or the opposition. He doesn't know the club or the fans and how difficult we can be. The moment the final whistle goes on Saturday will show what type of guy he is.

I'd be amazed if either of those were a problem to him....

20 minutes ago, StoodinaBoshell said:

ML and AL have made these signings. They need to take the can (if/when) it all goes wrong. If you want the responsibility, you need to accept everything that goes with that.

What do you mean by that? They own the club - what will them needing to "take the can" entail? 

He's had about the same first week as Boris Johnson, that numpty's deadline is 31st October, don't think Banide's got that long. Think he's going to come to the same sticky end as a list of managers that to be honest I can't even remember all of their names, Dunn, Kelly, ex-Donny manager, Holden and to some extent Bunn - Hit a sticky patch, set up defensively not to concede, fail to defend, go behind and not have enough on the pitch to equalise which ramps up the pressure making the manager more defensive, worse football and then the inevitable boot...

Where are the goals going to come from? We'd better hope we get lucky again on the loan a youth striker from a bigger club who scores for fun, even with this we still need to create the chances and stop the other team scoring. We've struggled to do this in the last few years and here we are again.

The model works, recruitment done at one level and the coach takes care of the games, Spurs do it, others are doing it and it is pretty common on the continent. Does it work in the lower English leagues? Yet to be seen. The coach becomes the hero or the villain depending on results, I can't see him hitting the ground running with results, performances aren't there yet, the team won't know each other's names till about October so there's little chance of us playing swashbuckling football and if we are in the bottom third of the league by then we will be starting games with a deep line, one up front at home and a team bereft of confidence. Add in the frustrated groans of 1500 fans and boos at half and full time and we've got history repeating itself again.

The question is when the shit hits the fan (ie. very shortly) will we have the time to get this idiot and his cronies out of the club and possibly with short term help from the FLG be able to survive in this division or r we fucked!!

If we end up in the conference I fear we’ll be stuck there or lower for a considerable amount of time, maybe for good!!

I’m convinced this 🤡 is going to leave this club in a huge financial mess, similar to the Bury situation!

Archived