Joey Barton -

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given we gave Lee Hughes a second chance, what should Newcastle do ?

didnt they buy him knowing full wel he had been involved witht his? would look daft to get rid now. they will support him. six months doesnt compare to 3 years. and lee hughes wasnt here when he got sent down.

Anyway, who is this barton fella?

dont ya mean Prisoner 5689424?

Now now.... :blink:

Glad he's gone away for a bit. Nasty piece of work. But when he's out, I guess he should be left to get on with his life. Although I'm sure it won't be long before he hits the headlines again - he just can't help it.

Whatever came of the Dabo case? I don't recall hearing the outcome.

Now now.... :blink:

Glad he's gone away for a bit. Nasty piece of work. But when he's out, I guess he should be left to get on with his life. Although I'm sure it won't be long before he hits the headlines again - he just can't help it.

Whatever came of the Dabo case? I don't recall hearing the outcome.

Dabo case hasn't been heard yet.

He's pleaded not guilty.

So if they find him guilty, he should see his term tripled I would hope. At the minimum.

Barton didn't kill anyone.

You are absolutely right. But should Newcastle give Barton another chance, considering that in most other jobs you'd get the boot?

Personally, I would sack him in a heartbeat.

You are absolutely right. But should Newcastle give Barton another chance, considering that in most other jobs you'd get the boot?

Personally, I would sack him in a heartbeat.

when did barton sign for toon? before or after the incident?

Barton's had more second chances than Pete feckin Doherty.

Newcastle should sack him.

I'm pretty certain my employers would sack me for getting sent down for assault.

Trouble is you're probably not worth a few million to your employers. I can see Newcastle keeping him on with the intention of selling him on as quickly as possible, if they do sack him he'll quickly find some club willing to take him on.

Given people have given Hughes a chance here it would be a bit hypocritical now to not give Barton a chance just because he's at a different club. Yeah he's a waste of space but hopefully he can sort himself out and get on with his life! I hope he can!

Bartons lowlife scum. Put in context of cigar in eye incident, kicking Everton fan on far east tour and attack on Dabo he really dosnt learn his lesson. Hope he gets the sh*t kicked out of him in the nick to show him whats its like - he wont be billy bigbollocks in there. On the Dabo incident my mate coaches with citehs academy and at the time he told me Dabo give him a gental shove and billybigbolloxbarton laid into him, got him on the ground and repeatedly battered him before being dragged off by teammarwes. Pure scum. He never deserves to play professional football again. Should be banned for lif

Edited by Blue-Mist

Bartons lowlife scum. Put in context of cigar in eye incident, kicking Everton fan on far east tour and attack on Dabo he really dosnt learn his lesson. Hope he gets the sh*t kicked out of him in the nick to show him whats its like - he wont be billy bigbollocks in there. On the Dabo incident my mate coaches with citehs academy and at the time he told me Dabo give him a gental shove and billybigbolloxbarton laid into him, got him on the ground and repeatedly battered him before being dragged off by teammarwes. Pure scum. He never deserves to play professional football again. Should be banned for lif

That is your opinion and that of many other fans around the country.

Barton clearly needs help he admits that himself and KK has offered to give that guidence- Newcastle signed him knowing of his baggage - Just because Big Sam has gone who was going to work on him as his pet project like he did with Mr Spit A lot - why should NUFC loss 6 million quid just so some other team can offer him a contract and get a talent player for next to nothing ?

Football is a business, we know that from when we signed LH good or bad some team will always be there to try and pick up the pieces of broken players some prosper some dont. Its only when Barton gets out of prsion and starts playing again can the club judge if he has changed this time, after all his last prison term at New Year seems to have calmed him down along with his aggression management therapy.

They knew what they were buying when they bought him (all after the events.) They knew the possibilities regarding the outcome. Barton's going nowhere. If he was still at Man :censored:ty they'd probably get rid. But wait, they did that for the Dabo incident. Newcastle will simply sit tight and wait for him to come out.....for those who don't agree to this, the hope is that he comes out a ###### footballer and disappears into oblivion. That's how it'll play out though.

Call me a cynic if you will but I found it most convenient the case is heard immediately at the seasons end, gets 6 months, which commutes to less than 3 and ready for the season to start.

Oh and Newcastle wont get rid of 6 million worth of asset.

The only way he'll be shown the door at Newcsatle is if another club comes along with a big fat cheque for his signature.

Personally though, I think he needs banning from football for a couple of years.

I just hope the Dabo incident sticks too so he has to serve a longer jail sentence.

Personally though, I think he needs banning from football for a couple of years.

And what of other crimes?

Speeding? Drink driving? Armed robbery? Running someone down in a car whilst drunk and on drugs, killing them, and then legging it off to avoid being breath-tested?

Football isn't here to be a moral judgement, that is for the courts to decide. Fine, if it happens on the football pitch then have a football related ban, but once they start legislating for stuff that happens outside of the game then it will be on a slippery slope.

Assault is a crime of intent, whereas causing death by dangerous driving isn't. While the consequences of Hughes' crime were of course more serious, it doesn't mean mean that they are more swerious from a moral point of view.

Barton won't be sold of course, King Kev will think he can save him. I actually think he's a fairly crap footballer anyway, certainly not 6.5 millions worth even if he wasn't a stupid thug.

A football ban, as imposed by the FA, should only be applied for a football related misdemeanour.

If he is convicted for the assault on Dabo, a fellow professional, effectively in 'work' time (i.e. during training) on Man City premises, then I would argue a football related punishment (such as a lengthy ban and a hefty compensation figure paid in part to Dabo and in part to the PFA player support fund) would be relevant.

The question of whether he should be sacked by Newcastle is slightly different, and depends on his terms of employment.