Iain Swann

Steve Cherry

Rory Prendergast

That Canadian dude who played in THAT game at Millmoor

Lee Hardy

Paul Wheatcroft

Dave Carney (now at Sheff Utd via Oz)

Colluso's mate

Really wanted Neville to be a success. Sharing the same name it would have been great to hear the chaddy chanting my name in a roundabout way .

Bruce Grobalar - remember during the warm-up he made a corner symbol with his hands and then proceeded to take 2 or 3 penatlies in a row and bounce the ball back on the intersection of post and crossbar. Very impressive.

Kaiser Ofel...whatever. Remeber him and thinking barmy name, but it was at the start of the foreiegn influx into English football and I got overly excited thinking he'd be brilliant.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Tony Hateley signed for us in the early seventies and played, I think, for half a game before retiring through injury!!

And I remember sitting next to him and Mark at a Latics away match during this period. Mark, who was only a young 'un, turned Hateley senior and said, "Just wait 'til you're out there, Dad."

Some of us are still waiting!!

Big Fat John McGinley.

Played a few on loan but once he signed a contract he picked up an injury and never played for us.

I hated him when we signed him and I hated him even more when he did that to us.

But if it wasn't for him we'd have missed out on the Chelsea hot dog incident so I guess he's not all bad

Big Fat John McGinley.

Played a few on loan but once he signed a contract he picked up an injury and never played for us.

I hated him when we signed him and I hated him even more when he did that to us.

But if it wasn't for him we'd have missed out on the Chelsea hot dog incident so I guess he's not all bad

Didn't John agree to his contract being cancelled and also agree not to take any money because he didn't feel he had given anything to Latics?

Neville Roach

Iain Swann

Steve Cherry

Rory Prendergast

That Canadian dude who played in THAT game at Millmoor

Lee Hardy

Paul Wheatcroft

Dave Carney (now at Sheff Utd via Oz)

Colluso's mate

Was his last name Watson?

Yet another thread that reminds us of the dross we've had over the past decade.