• Home and Away -every game
    • Season ticket and majority of away games
    • Season Ticket holder occaisonal Away games
    • Majority of games Home and Away but not season ticket holder
    • Occasional Home and Away games
    • Majority of Away games only
    • Occaisonal away games only
    • Couple of games a season
    • Never attend (either through choice or location)
    • Majority of Home Games only

I was interested to read that the raising the scarves idea, and altough it will now be supported across various media, I wondered if a trend could be started totally by OWTB.

I think the march from the Civic Centre indicated that it could.

But I was wondred what percentage on here could be classed as exiles and how often everyone goes.

Theres normally 20- 50 or so on Chat.

There are almost 2,000 memebers so that could be a fair percentage of the crowd, or might not

Edited Ed, though I have to say it's at least 30 every time I take any notice of it

Edited by singe

I was interested to read that the raising the scarves idea, and altough it will now be supported across various media, I wondered if a trend could be started totally by OWTB. I think the march from the Civic Centre indicated that it could.

But I was wondred what percentage on here could be classed as exiles and how often everyone goes.

Theres normally 50 or s on Chat.

There are almost 2,000 memebers so that could be a fair percentage of the crowd, or might not

dependant on home or away games...yes you will have over 50 on chat for away games..but home games usually your lucky if theres 15 online...

I think the best poll turn out was the Congestion charge debate believe it or not - have a look through our archives located at the bottom for some indication, and although we had around 130-140 on line for a midweek away game last night (that's online and not in chat) our highest on line was 184 during the second hearing for the development.

I was interested to read that the raising the scarves idea, and altough it will now be supported across various media, I wondered if a trend could be started totally by OWTB.

I think the march from the Civic Centre indicated that it could.

Theres normally 20- 50 or so on Chat.

Edited Ed, though I have to say it's at least 30 every time I take any notice of it

I live near Reading but still have a season ticket :mainstand:- I tend to make the majority of the home games but do miss many of the night matches. As for away games - it all depends on the distance and how many points I have from 'er indoors! :grin:

Edited by TheBigDog

ok here's my 2 penneth worth...

originally from oldham, well royton to be exact, born at BP.. and now live in Sale..

season ticket in the main stand for a number of years, but having done best part of a decade in the RAF i missed most of the 'historical' matches...

works shifts so away games get a "i'm off so might try to get to a match"..whereas home games costs me a lot of holidays and shift swaps, but not missed one yet...well apart from when i take my winter holiday and when SHE booked THAT bloody wedding i had to go to!! (she thought i was kidding when i said i could get away after the 'i do' stuff and be back in the evening....ruddy 'ell i even missed mark hughes's only ever goal too...

so for someone like me, this site in invaluable...

long may it continue

Edited by thetramdriver

Where is Abraod?

Well,

Not in Central Oldham

Not in Surrounding Oldham eg Chadderton, Middleton, Saddleworth etc

Not in Greater Manchester, Cheshire, Ashton etc

Not in NorthWest

Not in Rest of UK

So anything not covered by the above!!

Don't worry It's not a for a scientific journal! :grin:

Or should I have just said Yorkshire!

EDIT

Sorry footy, just got it now!

Right over, barely touched my hair!

REckon I m ust be dyslexic!

Edited by singe

Rest of UK/Occasional home and away games.

Only managed two games this season. Trannies away and Carlisle at home. Well, 1.75 as I missed the first 30mins of the Tranmere game. Took my seat moments before Hazell scored ^_^

Shall be making the short trip to Millwall and the relatively short trips to Leyton Orient and Brighton. Don't think I'll be able to get to another home game this season :disappointed:

Abroad. Get to a few matches a season

These are usually around Xmas & New Year but last year I was home end of Sept/beginning of Oct so I was able to witness the draw with Udders at home and the Stockport defeat...

When I first moved out here in '97 I tried to get back to the UK at least once a year so I'd usually see the first couple of matches each season.

However,my last visit was in 2003. And my last Latics match was Scunthorpe away in the League Cup.

But, before I emigrated I used to get to 30/35 matches a season ; most home games plus a fair few away. Not bad considering I’ve spent most of my life living more than 75 miles from BP :)

OWTB is absolutely invaluable for me. I never read the Chron - I left Oldham in 1975 so the local news is of no real interest - so apart from my dad's occasional match reports ("They were bloody rubbish! I'm not going again!!") this site is where I get all my Latics information.

Keep up the good work. I always enjoy reading the comments.

Edited by ThaiLatic

one gripe about Latics is, that unless you have the internet or read the Oldham Chron and dont attend reqular matches, you will probably have very little info on whats happening at the club i.e ticket offers, fixture changes etc

How else would you like to have this information?

Before the internet how was this info disseminated?

How do other clubs do this?

Edited by beag_teeets

In the interim, thank you to everyone that has taken part.

Quite suprised at the number (230 when I looked) which I think statistically might count as relevent!.

A good 5% of the crowd.

Though obviously we'll overlook the fact that 95% have not !

In the interim, thank you to everyone that has taken part.

Quite suprised at the number (230 when I looked) which I think statistically might count as relevent!.

A good 5% of the crowd.

Though obviously we'll overlook the fact that 95% have not !

I have lived in Australia for the last 9 years and continue to buy my season ticket (38 years and counting)....does that count?

Edited by L1onheart