Windass Gone - But now Back - Interview on Latics World

Quite. If he contributes then that's fine. we are, after all, a club that gives people a second chance.

Exactly.

Mental showed what Whingeass needs to do when he came back from Nutgate vs 'Dale. Get your head down & work your socks off when you get the chance to onto the pitch. Then, at the end of the game; applaude the fans & your teamates.

Over to you now Fatty;

score a few, show contrition in what you've done & stop being a prima donna & i'm sure you'll win the fans over again. Oh, and stop these bloody blogs too; they've really worked out for you so far haven't they??

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say I've been too impressed with his contribution and looking back on the results the stats back up that over the past 11 games since he arrived our points tally and goals scored has been lower than the previous 11 matches.

Here's me thinking that the other ten players might contribute to success or otherwise.

What an absolute twunt, and a complete waste of space. I don't buy it for one minute, and I'm sure most Latics fans don't either. Ghost writer my arse, I'll bet some journo writes it, but only after speaking to Dean first. And it doesn't take a nimrod to work out exactly what got said on the phone after Monday night's game.

Obviously we hold all the cards in 'Windygate' and quite rightly it looks like he's had the hair-drier treatment from the club, explaining the tail-between-legs interview earlier. Unless he pulls the shirt on, gives 100% effort and bangs a few goals in as an additional, he can back his poxy pink boots up and do one.

What an absolute twunt, and a complete waste of space. I don't buy it for one minute, and I'm sure most Latics fans don't either. Ghost writer my arse, I'll bet some journo writes it, but only after speaking to Dean first. And it doesn't take a nimrod to work out exactly what got said on the phone after Monday night's game.

Obviously we hold all the cards in 'Windygate' and quite rightly it looks like he's had the hair-drier treatment from the club, explaining the tail-between-legs interview earlier. Unless he pulls the shirt on, gives 100% effort and bangs a few goals in as an additional, he can back his poxy pink boots up and do one.

Well said

Selection of comments in the rarely wrong Chron:

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...-so-let-him-go-

The whole point of writing a blog is that it's your blog, your views, your opinions. I can just about accept being misquoted in the tabloids or lost in translation - but misquoted in a blog! Come on!

I'm now waiting for Latics side of the story, about how Windars has made 10 appearances out of a possible 11 in only 2 months. The fact that he has scored only 1 goal, which averages out at 4 or 5 goals a season. Or, along with 4 other players, he deserved to be dropped after the debacle of a performance against Bristol Rovers, and then expected a boss to change a winning side. Or, how he then behaved like a spoilt brat and spat his dummy.

Now he's trying to do a bigger u-turn than a disgraced politician!

:angry:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7926505.stm

Follow link to Radio Manchester interview. Leave him be now to rectify his mistake, afterall he's here in blue till the end of the season.

Kinell an agreement...spot on! everybody who wanted to state thier disgust, disbelief, whatever you want to call it has done so, Deano now realises he's dropped a bollock. Deano wants to rectify that for whatever reason. he's one of us, lets get behind him 100%, lets not give him the opportunity to blame no one but himself if it goes pear shaped......DEANO DEANO DEANO!!

Kinell an agreement...spot on! everybody who wanted to state thier disgust, disbelief, whatever you want to call it has done so, Deano now realises he's dropped a bollock. Deano wants to rectify that for whatever reason. he's one of us, lets get behind him 100%, lets not give him the opportunity to blame no one but himself if it goes pear shaped......DEANO DEANO DEANO!!

i've been thinking about this and will put something to the board....

imagine 'taggart' ringing up TTA's and Shez and telling them that paul scholes can play the back half of the season in a Latics shirt.....as long as he plays 2 out of every three games....

Shez decides after one too many miss-timed tackles to put him on the bench, and only brings him on as sub for the last 1/2 hour or so...

Scholes see's his arse and jumps on the number 24 bus back into town and then returns to old trafford......

my question....

would he be getting the slagging that windass is getting on here at the moment??

not that he'll ever play in a latics shirt IMHO anyway!!

He'll have to play out of his skin and score a handful of goals now for me to be going "Deano! Deano!" to put it bluntly. I won't be booring or jeering him, but I certainly won't be singing his name until he's earned it.

imagine 'taggart' ringing up TTA's and Shez and telling them that paul scholes can play the back half of the season in a Latics shirt.....as long as he plays 2 out of every three games....

Shez decides after one too many miss-timed tackles to put him on the bench, and only brings him on as sub for the last 1/2 hour or so...

Scholes see's his arse and jumps on the number 24 bus back into town and then returns to old trafford......

my question....

would he be getting the slagging that windass is getting on here at the moment??

It's a ludicrous suggestion to be honest. I mean, Scholes has never pulled a public paddy in his career. And I wouldn't mind it if Windass made some mistimed tackles, because it'll actually look like he cares and is trying his damnest to win the ball back after he's lost it.

Let's be truthful now, lots of us have had our backs up a bit because of his blogs, and him bleating about Phil Brown, Hull City and anything remotely to do with Humberside for the last few weeks, so hearing this just sent so many people over the edge. If it wasn't for the bit of blogging he'd been doing recently, I'm sure the reaction wouldn't have been quite as venomous.

my question....

If Shez was offered Scholes now like you say he sure wouldnt be dropping him for a few missed time tackles. This guy still gets games for the best team in the world, not past it at Premiership new boys Hull. I think Shez would be getting the stick if he was dropping Scholes. Comparing Windass with Scholes is just plain stupid!Windass aint fit to lace his boots in terms of footballing ability.

my question....

This is not about performances, it is about attitude.

True, he has not performed, but his attitude stinks and that is what most people on here are pissed off about.

If Scholes did what Windass did, then the reaction would be no different on here. But anyone that knows Scholes knows this would never happen. Scholes would give 100% of himself to any team he played for, let alone the team he still passionatly supports.

Windass is clearly not blessed in the brains department, and wishes he was banging them in for Hull. Now he has realised he cannot play for Hull this season and has come back with his tail between his legs. All the crap about being misquoted on his blog is just crap. Even if it is true, he is still responsible for what a guy he employs does.

As far as I am concerned, he should only play as a replacement for Hughes if he is injured or suspended. Otherwise, he can make the tea.

If his performances had merited a place in the team, then he would have been picked. Thing is, that 200 shirt he was wearing must have been stinking with the amount of outings it got before seeing the light of day. Any striker averaging 4 goals a season deserves to be dropped.

My mate who works for ITV.com was made redundant this week due to the massive losses it has made. It wouldn’t surprise me if a few articles had been mucked around with to make ITV look like idiots (though they pretty much look like idiots anyway).

omg...

We truly have no respect for ourselves...

I am disgusted he has been allowed to return...

Ghost writer my arse... The guy is just back tracking big time.... No time for him at all now (even less than before)... Sad day if he is wearing blue on Saturday...

Dean Windass only gives a monkey about Dean Windass...and that still comes across in that radio interview...

"He aint walking away from Oldham Athletic" .... aka... I wont be able to play football unless I back track...

A sorry would of been a more acceptable response Dean... Not alot of bull about you having never said it..

I take it he wont be blogging on ITV considering they wrote "lies" ???

Not fooling me mate...

The rarely wrong Chron has the story:

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...fight-for-place

Shez says he is unaware of the comments made by Windass.

He said: “I haven’t read his blog so I don’t know what the fuss is about and I haven’t fallen out with him. He is one of our players and he will be involved against Colchester.”

He also dismissed a claim that he had reneged on a promise to give Windass a guaranteed starting spot.

He continued: “I have never promised anybody that they will play all the time, and would never do that. I try to pick the best team to win the game.”

some o the :censored:e on here is pathetic...I hate to use this but Gregan and hughes mane Windy look like a saint, he hasnt hurt no one, said a few choice words which were wrong. if he did leave I would hope he rots in hell (i too am latics thru n thru) but he hasnt left and he is still one of our own. it sounds like people actually want him to fail (hands up! you know who u r). Give him a chance FFS! its bad enough Greg, Eards, Whit, Kevin, Lewi, Lidds, Deano, Greegs all gettin slated for misplaced passes etc....lets create another

some o the :censored:e on here is pathetic...I hate to use this but Gregan and hughes mane Windy look like a saint, he hasnt hurt no one, said a few choice words which were wrong. if he did leave I would hope he rots in hell (i too am latics thru n thru) but he hasnt left and he is still one of our own. it sounds like people actually want him to fail (hands up! you know who u r). Give him a chance FFS! its bad enough Greg, Eards, Whit, Kevin, Lewi, Lidds, Deano, Greegs all gettin slated for misplaced passes etc....lets create another

think in all honesty,from now until the end of the season he will be used predominantly as a sub....kabba is far quicker than he is,and once fully fit should be hughes prefered strike partner.

he may or may not have wrote what was published,but you dont bite the hand that feeds you..

unless he is incredibly stupid,you would try your damndest to get a release clause in your deal,the fact he didnt and couldnt,means he knows all along that he is here until the end of the season come what may,and that he hasnt got a snowballs chance in hell of getting anywhere near hulls subs bench,phil brown would rather play a trainee or an old timer with a broken hip and zimmer frame than have windarse back there...

yes phil brown was at bp on monday night....so was dave moyes and stuart pearce as well...looking at windy????..looking at delph more like it and deciding if a bid is worth it or not.

no matter what you may think of your circumstances,you simply dont spit the dummy out and expect to be covered in glory by the club and fans alike,as for shez saying he knows nothing about it....toeing the clubs policy more like,he will have been told to keep quiet until messers corney and blitz decide on a suitable punishment.

Windass hasn't been played for a couple of games and is having a sulk. So what? I'd probably be more concerned if he'd happily accepted his current position.

The blog was ill-advised though so now it's time for him to show the effort he did in his first game for us.

It's a moot point I know but how different would things be if his 4 efforts against the woodwork had gone in?