Fringe players to take part here on in.

He is still out injured isn't he?

Definately started building for next season then if you ask me. Lets see what the youngsters can do and asses if they will be upto the task for next season

Hope Lee gets to play in a few games between now and the end of the season. Underused if you ask me

Speaks more about the training methods/regime put in place by Sheriden, I think.

especiaslly as joe has asked billy urmson to take part in certain aspects of training,do we gleen from this that dux n tommy arent doing it right,and that could be one of the reasons for our underachievemt again???

especiaslly as joe has asked billy urmson to take part in certain aspects of training,do we gleen from this that dux n tommy arent doing it right,and that could be one of the reasons for our underachievemt again???

They were indeed part of the regime that's seen a decline since the turn of December. However most managers have trusted generals they've used down the years. Billy will be Joe's eye's and ears whilst absent also.

I read it as "they were doing the job Shez wanted them to do, now they need to do the job I want them to do".

Nothing wrong with that.

If Lee's improvement is an example of how players are raising their game on the training ground, then that's another good sign.

So I guess this means it's kind of official now that the seasons over........ the stiffs are all getting a chance to shine.

It's no wonder the likes of Lee's performances in training have been poor, the likes of him have not had a competative game nearly all season since we pulled out if the reserve league.

This to me is yet another factor in yet another largely disapointing season....... anybody who has not been in the first team is simply nowhere near match sharpness anymore and therefore unable to push the regulars for a place. It could also explain why we have had to bring in so many loan players to give the regulars a run for their money.

What's the betting that now we decide to bring in the kids, we go and win 4 our of our last 6, leaving us just outside the top 6? Wouldn't that just be typical Latics, having pissed it all up the wall for the last 15-20 games? <_<

You know what, I hope this actually happens (not the just missing out part though) as then it will show us we have a good selection of young players who are more than capable of playing at this level

We could then try to build a team with these players for next season.

Wonder if Brooke and Eaves will get a chance before the end of the season

I personally think this is great news to play the youngsters.

All this rubbish about being still able to make the play offs is now gone.

We will not win 6 games in a row to maybe sneak in so playing the kids will give Joe a chance to see if they are up to the task for next season.

I say play them all where possible , Lee, Stephens , Ferreira etc.

Yes we have not had the turnaround in results we all hoped for but at least he is prepared to try something different unlike Shez who would have just kept faith with his little click of players we all know have not been good enough to sustain a promotion push.

Lets look forward to next season now anyway. Hopefully some good will come from blooding the youngsters now , get a few of Joe's own signings in the summer and arguably an easier league next time we might finally get out of it this time next year.

Keep the faith

You know what, I hope this actually happens (not the just missing out part though) as then it will show us we have a good selection of young players who are more than capable of playing at this level

We could then try to build a team with these players for next season.

Wonder if Brooke and Eaves will get a chance before the end of the season

Absolutely, so do I. The play offs are gone now (not mathematically but almost certainly out of realistic reach and massively unlikely) but I'd love us to end the season with a flourish from our homegrown talent. And yes, they may be meaningless games with no pressure, but if they can get a couple of wins out of the next 2 or 3 games, then who knows. The fat lady is clearing her throat...............

Absolutely, so do I. The play offs are gone now (not mathematically but almost certainly out of realistic reach and massively unlikely) but I'd love us to end the season with a flourish from our homegrown talent. And yes, they may be meaningless games with no pressure, but if they can get a couple of wins out of the next 2 or 3 games, then who knows. The fat lady is clearing her throat...............

hav u been on the stella today dan,end the season on a flourish??deano,wolfy,lewis main strikers,greagans got a better chance of scorin,u normally post sum decent stuff on ere,but that last one was a joke,if we play the homegrown talent in the coming seasons the fat lady will be clearin her thoat forever morethe poor cow

I only hope that, with all this talk of youth players, Joe hasn't now been given the role of selling to the fans the downscaling of club ambitions in the wake of the failure of the (cough) five year plan and the non-appearance of the redeveloped stadium, in the knowledge that his legendary status among fans will see him, and the club, get less flak for it. It could also be that the thinking is that having him at the helm will result in fewer people not renewing season tickets after yet another season of disappointment.

We have, after all, been here before when Andy Ritchie was given his fan placating role of trying to keep us in the division without money to spend.

Like I say, I hope I'm wrong and the new investment materialises, Wardle joins the board and we go marching on with Joe.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

I only hope that, with all this talk of youth players, Joe hasn't now been given the role of selling to the fans the downscaling of club ambitions in the wake of the failure of the (cough) five year plan and the non-appearance of the redeveloped stadium, in the knowledge that his legendary status among fans will see him, and the club, get less flak for it. It could also be that the thinking is that having him at the helm will result in fewer people not renewing season tickets after yet another season of disappointment.

We have, after all, been here before when Andy Ritchie was given his fan placating role of trying to keep us in the division without money to spend.

Like I say, I hope I'm wrong and the new investment materialises, Wardle joins the board and we go marching on with Joe.

In an ideal World, Corp. But we all know it's anything but ideal.

hav u been on the stella today dan,end the season on a flourish??deano,wolfy,lewis main strikers,greagans got a better chance of scorin,u normally post sum decent stuff on ere,but that last one was a joke,if we play the homegrown talent in the coming seasons the fat lady will be clearin her thoat forever morethe poor cow

Aye, fair point :blush: . By 'homegrown' I was also thinking of using 'our' promising young players like Lee, Stephens (if fit) etc instead of using unfit lazy journeymen who are here for the easy paycheque.