What will the new ground be called?

If the ground is to be like Colchester's or Shrewsbury's then I presume there will be a large commercial development right next to it? Otherwise where is the 24/7 income coming from?

Yup. Havent been to either of the two you mention so dont know what is surrounding them.

The statement says Leisure complex... with the council involvemt i'd imagine Gym, sports pitches, conference facilities etc. Not sure the more commercial stuff originally planned for BP would be there though.. ie a Hotel. Both as its a council sponsored project, and who the frig want want to spend a night in failsworth :wink:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. Havent been to either of the two you mention so dont know what is surrounding them.

The statement says Leisure complex... with the council involvemt i'd imagine Gym, sports pitches, conference facilities etc. Not sure the more commercial stuff originally planned for BP would be there though.. ie a Hotel. Both as its a council sponsored project, and who the frig want want to spend a night in failsworth :wink:

I suppose, I was always dubious as to how far the profits from a small hotel in Oldham and some 'banqueting facilities' would go towards financing a football club anyway. People have spoke about it as if it would be some kind of gold mine. <_<

id be very surprised if it wasnt given a sponsers name, or even given a community name like the City Of Manchester. But also like the City of Manchester it would probably become known by a different name, maybe just 'Broadway' in the same way city refer to their place as 'Eastlands'. Personally i like this approach rather than just being 'something Park'