Video: An Oldham-Millwall Story

Disappointed with the use of Coldplay at the end.

People think they are obsessed with Worthy....imagine how much they would love Chris Taylor if they saw how emotional he gets after scoring in the Chaddy.

I'm sorry about the use of Coldplay -- the music just seemed glorious and extremely announced, fitting for the end of the clip. Ha!

We love Chris Taylor. He's the other blonde/redhead, ya? I feel slightly enamored with anyone that is purely raw emotion. And the footballers jumping all over each other when they score a goal isn't too bad either...

So the White Hart Pub is a good place then? x

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly is the Chaddy End?

Also, a friend of ours just told us about the White Hart Inn -- and that the owner is a huge Latics fan. Maybe it would be nice to rent out the hall/large suite and have everyone come over to crash after the game. And Simon and the cute bald little man better come! x

I feel like Amber and I need something to look forward to these days :blush:

Dont invite Corporal Jones, he will probably just criticise your shoes or something! :grin:

What exactly is the Chaddy End?

Also, a friend of ours just told us about the White Hart Inn -- and that the owner is a huge Latics fan. Maybe it would be nice to rent out the hall/large suite and have everyone come over to crash after the game. And Simon and the cute bald little man better come! x

I feel like Amber and I need something to look forward to these days :blush:

The Chaddy End is the spiritual home of Latics fans, shown at the far end of the picture on this link: Although older, it's protected from the wind and rain which blows into the opposite (Rochdale Road) end.

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/oldham_athletic/

The White Hart Inn at Lydgate is supposed to be the place for 'events', and both Simon and the cute bald little man both know where it is. You may need to book early as it gets busy in the build up to Christmas.

Think that would be the White Hart at Lydgate. Classy place.

Yeah, looks beautiful! Would it be a good place for a party though?

Since we're bored, still have no luggage and too much time on our hands -- we're throwing a Latics party on the beach tomorrow night! Complete with an Oldham Athletic cake! And this will hopefully be in celebration of a win over Hartlepool tomorrow night. If there's one thing we know how to do, it's throw a party. There will be lots of film and clips uploaded and should be over 200 people in attendance, should be fun! Fly out to the Caymans tomorrow xx

Since we're bored, still have no luggage and too much time on our hands -- we're throwing a Latics party on the beach tomorrow night! Complete with an Oldham Athletic cake! And this will hopefully be in celebration of a win over Hartlepool tomorrow night. If there's one thing we know how to do, it's throw a party. There will be lots of film and clips uploaded and should be over 200 people in attendance, should be fun! Fly out to the Caymans tomorrow xx

By the sounds of it, there will probably be more people at your party tomorrow than there will be at Boundary Park!!!!

I know where I'd rather be!!!!

If possible, get everyone to do a chant of "we love you oldham, we do, we love you oldham, we do, we love you oldham, we do, OH oldham we love you" and film it. That would be funny :grin:

Edited by Oafc88

If possible, get everyone to do a chant of "we love you oldham, we do, we love you oldham, we do, we love you oldham, we do, OH oldham we love you" and film it. That would be funny :grin:

That can definitely be attempted. Amber's very good at getting crowds riled up. And now we're going to buy things to bake an Oldham cake. We've never baked a cake before, or baked anything for that matter....please be forwarned. :blink:

How long have you/are you stuck in the Caymans, seems like forever..!

We're here until December. It's terrible. Come visit us, we have nothing to do...except bake cakes and throw Latics parties. xx

Latics parties, how do they go?... A misplaced sense of excitement and optimism at the start then a sense of foreboding and gloom about an hour in followed by a grim acceptance of reality towards the end?!

Latics parties, how do they go?... A misplaced sense of excitement and optimism at the start then a sense of foreboding and gloom about an hour in followed by a grim acceptance of reality towards the end?!

No, half are pissed before it starts, the rest are moaning about the lack of talent on show.

:lol: I was just about to ask a similar question. Numerous chants of "Penney Out", "sod off Hazell", "Bring back Fleming" on the beaches?

However, i'm more impressed at the motivation to listen to the accrington game on the beach. :wink: