Don't complain at our admittance prices

To be frank other than Alan Hardy saying they will look at making it unique and will look at other stadiums the only other indication was that is would be a similar type of build as Colchester...

The thing is Pete... we know so little about the "real" plans that we are all a little worried..

I dont have a "agenda" I just have questions and worries...

The other thread suggests otherwise

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS - yes a "Similar approach" I.E. in terms of community facilities etc - not design!!!

Tell me if I was wrong but they never said "not design" ?

We simply do not know...hence the worry and confusion...

I said above Alan Hardy said they would "look" at doing something unique... That is not a lot to go on...

Edited by oafc0000

Just to put all this capacity talk into perspective, Brighton, who can't fill their 8,000 capacity ground are moving to a new stadium that will hold 20,000, and tomorrow's opponents Southend, who average around 7,500, having been given planning permission to build a new stadium with a 22,000 capacity.

I'm sure their more sensible fans will be up in arms at them wasting all that money on a load of empty seats. Or will they see it as a sign that their club obviously wants to go places?

Just to put all this capacity talk into perspective, Brighton, who can't fill their 8,000 capacity ground are moving to a new stadium that will hold 20,000, and tomorrow's opponents Southend, who average around 7,500, having been given planning permission to build a new stadium with a 22,000 capacity.

I'm sure their more sensible fans will be up in arms at them wasting all that money on a load of empty seats. Or will they see it as a sign that their club obviously wants to go places?

But were do the extra millions come from to build a larger capacity???

Coventry have a 30k stadium and get crowds of 16k. they need 24K to brake even and pay off the debts. They are currently in dire financial trouble because of building to big... There are othes that this has happened too....

According to the thinking of many on here, Brighton and Southend should limit themselves to no more than about 13500.

Incidentally, it shows just how Latics have declined when an historically smaller club like Southend can average 7500, when, in the same division, we are currently getting around 4200. It just shows how modest the 16000 BP proposal was when you consider that Southend are planning 22000, yet to hear some people talk, wanting a 16000 capacity is akin to demand that the club builds something like the Emirates. Lickle Oldham, lickle mentalities.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

But were do the extra millions come from to build a larger capacity???

Coventry have a 30k stadium and get crowds of 16k. they need 24K to brake even and pay off the debts. They are currently in dire financial trouble because of building to big... There are othes that this has happened too....

What is happening at other clubs, who are operating in different circumstances, provides no evidence that sticking to the 16000 capacity that was in the BP proposal would break the club.

It hasn't been stuck to because, since the BP redevelopment plan was drawn up, the club has decided to opt for attempted stability as a lower division club. Another Rochdale or Bury.

a·gen·da [ə jéndə]

noun (plural a·gen·das)

1. list of things to do: a formal list of things to be done in a specific order, especially a list of things to be discussed at a meeting 2. matters needing attention: the various matters that somebody needs to deal with at a specific time

* What's your agenda for today?

3. personal motivation: an underlying personal viewpoint or bias

Whadda you know I looked it up and lo and behold the bit in bold just about sums up the agenda that a few have. Irrispective of what has been officially said and released by the club we are treated to any 'read in between the lines' information that suits thier particular biased. The prosecution rests my lord. :grin:

a·gen·da [ə jéndə]

noun (plural a·gen·das)

1. list of things to do: a formal list of things to be done in a specific order, especially a list of things to be discussed at a meeting 2. matters needing attention: the various matters that somebody needs to deal with at a specific time

* What's your agenda for today?

3. personal motivation: an underlying personal viewpoint or bias

Whadda you know I looked it up and lo and behold the bit in bold just about sums up the agenda that a few have. Irrispective of what has been officially said and released by the club we are treated to any 'read in between the lines' information that suits thier particular biased. The prosecution rests my lord. :grin:

And the Nodding Dogs don't have an underlying viewpoint or bias?

the better the product on the pitch, the more bums on seats.

more seats required for those more bums on seats.

baby steps-get the product right on the pitch first,then worry about not enough seats.

That is the single most important factor and the area of the business where TTA have hopelessly failed........The 5 year plan of Championship football hasn't happened and for that reason alone we are now scaling down our development plan to a 12,000 seater stadium in an area what will probably provide the cheapest option.

And the Nodding Dogs don't have an underlying viewpoint or bias?

I didnt select a target as has been pointed out, reading between the lines is not just the doom and gloomers perogative, however it does seem to be them that are using information not released by the club as brickbat to point out the flaws in anything that they have released officially.

Edited by andy_b_100

What is happening at other clubs, who are operating in different circumstances, provides no evidence that sticking to the 16000 capacity that was in the BP proposal would break the club.

It hasn't been stuck to because, since the BP redevelopment plan was drawn up, the club has decided to opt for attempted stability as a lower division club. Another Rochdale or Bury.

I thought one of the factors was something to do with a world recession and BP land no longer being of the same value.

That is the single most important factor and the area of the business where TTA have hopelessly failed........The 5 year plan of Championship football hasn't happened and for that reason alone we are now scaling down our development plan to a 12,000 seater stadium in an area what will probably provide the cheapest option.

Absolutely correct. I simply don't see how anybody can argue otherwise.

I thought one of the factors was something to do with a world recession and BP land no longer being of the same value.

Those are undoubtedly factors in what's going on (as I predicted they would be). But I still don't believe that an extra 4000 seats would send the club to the wall.

Apparently Southend and Brighton have managed to give the worldwide recession/depression the slip and somehow find the money for non-embarrssing stadiums.

I didnt select a target as has been pointed out, reading between the lines is not just the doom and gloomers perogative, however it does seem to be them that are using information not released by the club as brickbat to point out the flaws in anything that they have released officially.

Who's 'using information not released by the club?' What information is this?

I think are worries come from the lack of real information on the project... So I don't understand your point...