I thought I'd share this snippet

On a similar note, Shaun Garnett bought a HDMI cable from us a few months back.

Brilliant! This thread has the makings of being the best of the year/season.

Anyone else have similar dealings with ex-Latics players?

I saw Lee Duxbury at Royton Retail Park, already shared this before however ....

I got a guided tour of Simon Stainrod's house by the great man himself. My Dad was thinking of buying his house - but bought a different one :-(

I am still gutted that I didn't end up living in that house! Opening his mail would have been interesting :-D

I got a guided tour of Simon Stainrod's house by the great man himself. My Dad was thinking of buying his house - but bought a different one :-(

I am still gutted that I didn't end up living in that house! Opening his mail would have been interesting :-D

I served Sean McCarthy's wife when I worked at Sainsbury's years ago. She bought a Man United cake for their kid's birthday. It upset me a little.

Edited by OAFCMIKE

I served Sean McCarthy's wife when I worked at Sainsbury's years ago. She bought a Man United cake for their kid's birthday. It upset me a little.

Michael Ricketts walked through my work a few week back, suppose it was something to do with a sports agency being in the same building.... its like the job center for cr*p players our place at the moment :-)

Bearing that in mind, i saw the words "Balthazar Oldham Loan" scribbled on a whiteboard in the same office... anyone know of him? Would of got excited but never heard of him and to be honest slowly losing all interest...

A relative on mine up here in Scotland works with Will Hainings aunt on a hospital ward. He sent a signed picture of himself (in Latics shirt) for my children.

Tenuous link I know, but still.

I once beat Mark Tierney in a race of a lenght of the jjb pool. (although i was doing front crawl and he was doing breast stroke and i never actually told him we were having a race but there just minor stumbling blocks)

Also the tramps full back tonight Shaleum Logan once stopped and talked to me and my mate who is a city fan, in malia on our way back from a night club in the middle of nowhere.

My Sunday league side's tour of Scotland early 90s. Played on Falkirk's training ground outside Brockville. Soimon Stainrod, then manager of Falkirk came and played for the second half

I was taken to a Burnley match a few years ago by one of my old suppliers and we were in the exec box. We got a guided tour of the ground by Andy Lockhead. When i mentioned i was a latics fan he sat with me most of the night talking about Latics. Absolute lovely bloke.

I also used to go to school with Gary Hoolikan's neice and she lived 8 doors away from me (fit as a butchers dog may i add) and when she used to have parties he was always there and i was like a lost puppy just sat there. He had an amazing party trick which he always did, he could walk on his hands round he garden.....including going up AND down the patio steps. :shock:

I used to work for Steve Taylors father in law at the Prince George Hotel on Ripponden Road.

I know I have shared this befoe, but he was then at Dale, and kept saying see you later just going to work, when he went to training. Work! Priveleged. That upset me greatly. Adn he and his wife sold it to an Old Peoples Home which also I was a bit miffed about!

A long time ago I used to work in a fruit & veg shop in Sale, Roger Palmer was one of our regular customers. Then a couple of years after that I was working at Nevada Bobs over near Heaton Park and served Rick Holden (When he was at City). Ryan Giggs also dropped in the shop once...thought he was a shoplifter, until I relaised he wasn't, then sold him some crap golf clubs.

I play for a local football team on the Isle of Man, and one of them (Peel) is managed by Rick Holden, and has been for years, as I'm sure most of you know.

So see him fairly regularly!

Isle of Man Football League

I play for Douglas & District, not that anyone cares!!!

Edited by davemathieson

I play for a local football team on the Isle of Man, and one of them (Peel) is managed by Rick Holden, and has been for years, as I'm sure most of you know.

So see him fairly regularly!

Isle of Man Football League

I play for Douglas & District, not that anyone cares!!!

I do mate! Do you have 2 feet? A pair of boots? And are you busy at say 3pm this Saturday?