Tom Eaves

Two more who thought they were the Billy Big Bollocks...when on the verge of breaking into the team regularly...

Striker

Keeper

Two who utterly shafted us through their agents...

Left-Back

Right-Back

All 4 of those cases would suggest we should sell for decent money if we get the chance. The first 2 never fulfilled the (supposed) early promise, the 3rd got injured and finished within 2 years of leaving and the 4th definitely shafted us. So we should cash in whilst the chance is there.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your right he doesnt have an obligation to sign full time terms with us....but it would be the right thing to do morally wouldnt it...

I suppose for anyone its best not to burn your bridges thats a consideration Tom Eaves may wish to take into account we all saw what happened to David Brown remember him who was poached by Man U got in got chewed up and spat out and ended up on the football scrap heap I hope someone has mentioned that cautionary tale to him.

The thing that is going to aid his development best is having plenty of first team football and if you look at it he has the best chance of doing that here. If he goes to say (picks the name of a random club who have been linked with him) Newcastle he goes there he is unlikely to get near the first team anytime soon so he will be playing reserve team football and attempting to get out on loan to the lower divisions where he may have a month of playing with strangers (and boy haven't we seen how unproductive that can be)

From a fans point of view if he signs a pro contract has a couple good years and leaves onto better things for a decent fee then I don't think anyone would truely begrudge him for giving us good service and then moving on thats football. Personally I think he is best of signing up with us get first team football exposure and if he cuts the mustard then he will move on up ala Neal Eardley.

The club should not be held to ransom by someone as inexperienced as Eaves, I am pleased with DPs stance on this one. I would imagine we have a wage structure in place for 1st year pro's and we should not be breaking it for Eaves.

I'll be brutally honest though, I'm chuffed at the fact that our biggest selling worry this transfer window is a young kid who hasn't scored who won't have a huge bearing on next seasons plans.

I mean, last season I was dreading losing Eardley and I didn't want Hughes to go. The season before that Taylor and Smalley were linked with moves away as well as Trotters and Kilkenny in January.

The the season before that it was Porter and Wellens.

I'm just relieved that I don't have to worry about losing any important first team players this summer and can relax and enjoy the incoming transfers.

In spite of the fact that that basically means we haven't got anyone that other club's want - i.e. a :censored: squad of players?

I'd rather have a team filled with players other clubs wanted to get their hands on.

I wouldn't shed a tear over losing any of that bunch of under-achieving tossers tbh and let's be honest a fair chunk aren't even our players anyway!

Exactly.

The reason why suddenly none of our players (other than Eaves, and allegedly Black) are not being linked away are:

1. They are awful

2. The supposed decent players (Taylor/Smalley) have had such a shocking season that thier stock has dropped so rapidly that no-one wants them.

The fact that no-one wants our players for a club of our size is a very sad fact. We should be aspiring to have a team that want to, and have the ability to, play higher.

As Prozac says - would you be arsed if any of our first team moved on? Its a sad fact that we dont have anywhere near the calibre of players of a Wellens, Killer, Porter, Hughes or Eardley....

The club should not be held to ransom by someone as inexperienced as Eaves, I am pleased with DPs stance on this one. I would imagine we have a wage structure in place for 1st year pro's and we should not be breaking it for Eaves.

Still looks like the club is hoping for a buyer, rather than 'taking a stance'. Why else would they be doing it all so publicly? I don't believe they want him to stay; they're hoping to cash in.

As Prozac says - would you be arsed if any of our first team moved on? Its a sad fact that we dont have anywhere near the calibre of players of a Wellens, Killer, Porter, Hughes or Eardley....

To be fair, Lomax is better than Eardley and Whits is better than Wellens.

In spite of the fact that that basically means we haven't got anyone that other club's want - i.e. a :censored: squad of players?

I'd rather have a team filled with players other clubs wanted to get their hands on.

Well, we've got players other team would probably want but that fact we've played crap 'cause of players like Whitaker and Colbeck means these players haven't performed and haven't stood out to bigger teams. With a few other decent players then the likes of Stephens, Abbott and Taylor will shine and then garner interest from other teams.

I'll be brutally honest though, I'm chuffed at the fact that our biggest selling worry this transfer window is a young kid who hasn't scored who won't have a huge bearing on next seasons plans.

I mean, last season I was dreading losing Eardley and I didn't want Hughes to go. The season before that Taylor and Smalley were linked with moves away as well as Trotters and Kilkenny in January.

The the season before that it was Porter and Wellens.

I'm just relieved that I don't have to worry about losing any important first team players this summer and can relax and enjoy the incoming transfers.

Yeah, thankfully we've no one on the books now thats saleable. :blink:

Eaves is one Spoilt ickle sh*t!! and his agent the biggest bullsh8tter going!

I said before My lads 13 and scored 22 goals more that Eaves this season................................ he will sign a contract no worries! :grin:

Eaves is one Spoilt ickle sh*t!! and his agent the biggest bullsh8tter going!

I said before My lads 13 and scored 22 goals more that Eaves this season................................ he will sign a contract no worries! :grin:

And if your son were in Eaves' position, you'd probably be telling him to hold his horses and see what was on offer.

The club are trying to make yet another player look like a villain when, in fact, he's doing what anyone would do and the club clearly aren't averse to idea of him going elsewhere.

And if your son were in Eaves' position, you'd probably be telling him to hold his horses and see what was on offer.

The club are trying to make yet another player look like a villain when, in fact, he's doing what anyone would do and the club clearly aren't averse to idea of him going elsewhere.

No, I agree with De La Vega's viewpoint that Eaves has been developed by us and therefore owes us. Declining a reasonable offer from us makes him a villain.

Clearly the F.A (or whoever) agree which is why they will ensure we will at least get some compo if he does the dirty.

Edited by Stitch_KTF

No, I agree with De La Vega's viewpoint that Eaves has been developed by us and therefore owes us. Declining a reasonable offer from us makes him a villain.

Clearly the F.A (or whoever) agree which is why they will ensure we will at least get some compo if he does the dirty.

does the dirty?

how is it doing the dirty?

Bollocks to loyalty if as a 19 yr old your having your wages maybe doubled elsewhere then go ! I know I would

does the dirty?

how is it doing the dirty?

Bollocks to loyalty if as a 19 yr old your having your wages maybe doubled elsewhere then go ! I know I would

Then you're a selfish and unscrupulous :censored: too. At least you're honest though, I'll give you that. :)

Me? I'd sign a pro-deal, work hard, progress and anticipate my just rewards a little further down the line.

Maybe he needs a slap? :deal:

Then you're a selfish and unscrupulous :censored: too. At least you're honest though, I'll give you that. :)

Me? I'd sign a pro-deal, work hard, progress and anticipate my just rewards a little further down the line.

Im also looking at the bigger picture, maybe like some fans he doesnt like Penney and/or the atmosphere of the club at the moment,

Not just the money if I didnt like my manager at work and got offered better terms elsewere I would leave,

Im also looking at the bigger picture, maybe like some fans he doesnt like Penney and/or the atmosphere of the club at the moment,

Not just the money if I didnt like my manager at work and got offered better terms elsewere I would leave,

That would be more acceptable. If it was the case you'd expect him to put this Penney/Corney who would then, presumabley, either:

a) not want him and try and get the best fee possible

B) work to alleviate his concerns

Considering there's a contract on the table with Eaves being publicly frozen out until he signs it I assume that it's a money issue born out of his own greed and illusions of grandeur.

Brat.

That would be more acceptable. If it was the case you'd expect him to put this Penney/Corney who would then, presumabley, either:

Considering there's a contract on the table with Eaves being publicly frozen out until he signs it I assume that it's a money issue born out of his own greed and illusions of grandeur.

Brat.

Sod it I'd put him in charge

Brat.

:lol:

That's one hell of an assumption! Based on evidence from one side only and from which you leap not to a rational and balanced conclusion but instead to calling a teenager childish names.

I wonder if he reads this board? I doubt it. But if he did do you think you and others who've spouted hateful crap about a situation they know little to nothing about would inspire him to sign?

Brat.

Read all 7 pages of this thread – actually a good read in terms of the differing opinions.

I have to think that from what info is being fed to us that it a financial reason only; in that Tom; through his agent; wants the best possible deal he can get from us in terms of wages / bonuses / signing on fees etc.

Like others; I’d imagine (& hope!) that the club has a wage cap in place & a fixed structure set up for 1st year pro’s – and that it is a firm practice that shouldn’t be strayed from.

It really is a simple case as far as I’m concerned; if he doesn’t want to sign the contract that is on the table; then he shouldn’t. He moves on to A N Other club and we get some monies from the compensation system.

He could make the move the A N Other club and go from strength to strength – it's then a case for us fans to have an ‘if only’ moment – the flip side is that he makes his ‘bigger move’ and before we know it; he’s playing for Dog & Duck on a Sunday morning…..

There’s no point getting really het-up about it – he’ll either sign for us or he’ll go…..the club will go on regardless of whether a raw 18 years old signs for us or not....

parker was hounded out of this club by the fan's and that's a fact...Incidently i myself never wanted him to leave .but when he was substituted during his last game for us At that point i felt it best all round that he left ...the booing of him was dispicable

Sorry Walshy, I love your eternal optimism, I really do, but that's bull:censored:.

Parker should be ashamed at the lack of effort and application he showed whilst here.

Sorry Walshy, I love your eternal optimism, I really do, but that's bull:censored:.

Parker should be ashamed at the lack of effort and application he showed whilst here.

here here

the laziest footballer ive ever seen in a Tics shirt,

Edited by razza699

:lol:

That's one hell of an assumption! Based on evidence from one side only and from which you leap not to a rational and balanced conclusion but instead to calling a teenager childish names.

I wonder if he reads this board? I doubt it. But if he did do you think you and others who've spouted hateful crap about a situation they know little to nothing about would inspire him to sign?

Really? Based on the information I have garnered, largely from the O/S I hasten to add, I can reach no conclusion other than that the punishment DP is administering is the direct result of innapproriate awkwardness/greed on Eaves' part.

Furthermore, if I was Eaves, and if I was whiter than white, I'd be far more concerned about the tone of the O/S articles than what a bunch of no-marks on a fans forum think.

Incidentally I'd also expect him to read the boards, out of curiosity if nothing else.

So, if a different bigger company comes in for your services, and offers to double or triple your wage, you would reject purely because your current employers have trained you?

So, if a different bigger company comes in for your services, and offers to double or triple your wage, you would reject purely because your current employers have trained you?

Football's different in many ways, but given such an unlikely scenario I'd hope we could find an arrangement where everybody is a winner. As De La Vega or BigFinn pointed out, if I had ditched my company the day I recieved my degree then I'd have been contractually obliged to refund them the tuition fees they had payed out.

Will Eaves be liable for the £k's spent on his development, which the club consider an investment? No, largely as it would be difficult to structure an equivalent deal to what more typical employers such as mine did.

At least the F.A will ensure we get something for Eaves, even if it's from another club rather then Mr Big Boots himself. Shame they couldn't with Porter - perhaps he did nowt wrong either?