Steve Morrison...fantastic find from non league. How much did they pay for him?

To be fair it wasn't that great a find, he was top scorer in the conference with Stevenage, he was on quite a few team's radar (kind of like Stuart Fleetwood t'other season). Millwall paid like £130,000 for him plus incentives. Still, he's proven to be a good buy.

To be fair it wasn't that great a find, he was top scorer in the conference with Stevenage, he was on quite a few team's radar (kind of like Stuart Fleetwood t'other season). Millwall paid like £130,000 for him plus incentives. Still, he's proven to be a good buy.

sorry, that's what i meant.

He went to Stevenage from my local club for about £5k... It was blindingly obvious that he could play higher and the only surprise to me was that Stevenage held onto him as long as they did.

His replacement was Greg Pearson, now banging them in for Burton....and his replacement was Charlie Sheringham, who isn't very good.

Edited by Dave_Og

It'll do me if the Terriers stay down. Local match and hopefully we'll get our own back and be above them come May 2011.

Yeah, i'm kind of glad Leeds went up instead of them (obviously ideally i'd have preferred them both to stay down). Huddersfield brought more fans to BP and they weren't as scummy. It's always nice pointing out how much higher the gate was for the Huddersfield game than for the Leeds game to Leeds fans, followed by "so they must be the biggest club in West Yorkshire now,right?".

Still, that's one less trip down south, which we could do with seeing as the club might not be able to afford hotels next season.

yep still an element of risk to it ,

£130,00 is alot for a non league striker , but it looks like its paid for itself

For the Huddersfield fans, this season will have been a relative success with the entertainment on offer as they made the play-offs.

However, I suspect at boardroom level it was a bitter disappointment after all the money they'd spent.

For the Huddersfield fans, this season will have been a relative success with the entertainment on offer as they made the play-offs.

However, I suspect at boardroom level it was a bitter disappointment after all the money they'd spent.

Looking at the Hudds messageboard DATM, lots of the fans are very critical of the team and manager!

Kind of like us in 2002/2003, we had a good team and spent ALOT of £££, but the likes of Wigan had alot more than us

1200 away following for a play off semi :lol:

what did we take to QPR?

Where did you get that number from? I was under the impression that we'd sold 1300 with a couple of days to go, haven't seen the actual away attendance published though.

The reason we didn't sell out was because of scare mongering by the Met; they told us that we weren't allowed to use the train station, which was true. When fans/the club asked what we were supposed to do, they said we had to get official club coaches; fine for fans living in Hudds, or nearby, what about London based Town fans and those that live miles away from Hudds? All they said for fans that couldn't get coaches is that we'd have to walk to a tube station... would you want to walk around Millwall if we'd won?! Eventually our Supporters Association became aware that we were getting bussed out of the ground, but the police wouldn't let the club publish the information, because it would have resulted in us shifting loads more tickets and making their job harder.

As for the criticism of Clark, it mainly came from Leeds/Bradford/Millwall fans who thought it would be hilarious to hijack our messageboard. There is some criticism of Clark, but it's mainly for individual decisions, the vast majority of our support is heavily behind him.

And this season has been superb; perhaps my favourite following Town. I know we haven't actually won anything, but we've been playing some quality attacking football. I know a lot of you might laugh as we didn't really show it in the home match against you, and in the away match the conditions were awful so we couldn't really play football. In order to move forward we need a couple of bruisers who are capable of holding the ball up and bringing our attacking players into the game, as you might have seen on Tuesday night, that we can get bullied out of games.

In order to move forward we need a couple of bruisers who are capable of holding the ball up and bringing our attacking players into the game, as you might have seen on Tuesday night, that we can get bullied out of games.

Wanna buy Jon Worthington back?

Edited by oafcmetty

In order to move forward we need a couple of bruisers who are capable of holding the ball up and bringing our attacking players into the game, as you might have seen on Tuesday night, that we can get bullied out of games.

You can have Parker back as well. Although the only bruising he'll be doing will be to the poor sods sat either side of whichever goal he's attempting to shoot at.