Fire At Latics!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would suspect their parents would recognise them from their clothes... Would you turn your kids in ?

If you catch your kids smoking, your ment to make them smoke the whole pack.

So if they set fire to the Corner suite would the punishment be to do the Mainstand, Rochdale Road end and Chaddy End?

If you catch your kids smoking, your ment to make them smoke the whole pack.

So if they set fire to the Corner suite would the punishment be to do the Mainstand, Rochdale Road end and Chaddy End?

And if they still haven't learnt their lesson they get a season ticket!

No. You speak to them and see if they're likely to reoffend. If they are, then you get them a job at Old Trafford.

and the value of installing proper CCTV is shown again... Why do people bother to install such crap equipment ?

You would suspect their parents would recognise them from their clothes... Would you turn your kids in ?

As I work for ADT Fire & Security, I can tell you exactly why people install crap equipment. Cost. Pain and simple.

One of our midrange systems (4 way DVR and 15"monitor) with two cameras, as an example costs £1500 installed. The overwhelming initial response I get when I quote these prices is "HOW MUCH? You can get one off the shelf at B&Q for less than half of that" And this is the general mindset, sadly.

All I then say is look at the cameras on B&Q's own premises. They wouldn't dream of using the same crap they sell to their customers.

CCTV is like many other electronic products. You get what you pay for.

No. You speak to them and see if they're likely to reoffend. If they are, then you get them a job at Old Trafford.

Good thinking.

And if they still haven't learnt their lesson they get a season ticket!

We're doing well ATM, so if you really want to punish them (God Help 'Em) Get the a ST at Edgely Park.

I know guys, way to extreme.

Good thinking.

We're doing well ATM, so if you really want to punish them (God Help 'Em) Get the a ST at Edgely Park.

I know guys, way to extreme.

I also like you're thinking.

No so long ago, it would have been put 'em in row Z.

Last season would have beena s eason ticket

I'd say this season, put 'em behind the goal and tell Furman or Stepehens to shoot on siight..

I feel sorry for the disabled supporters who sit in the shelter under the box, that is an ideal location for them as at the back of the Rochdale Road end you dont get a good view if people stand and in the chaddy your actually below the pitch. I also feel sorry for the supporter who paid for the extension on the shelter as it all seems a waste of money now!

As I work for ADT Fire & Security, I can tell you exactly why people install crap equipment. Cost. Pain and simple.

One of our midrange systems (4 way DVR and 15"monitor) with two cameras, as an example costs £1500 installed. The overwhelming initial response I get when I quote these prices is "HOW MUCH? You can get one off the shelf at B&Q for less than half of that" And this is the general mindset, sadly.

All I then say is look at the cameras on B&Q's own premises. They wouldn't dream of using the same crap they sell to their customers.

CCTV is like many other electronic products. You get what you pay for.

Keith Lard : Fire! Smoke kills in seconds, fire kills in minutes and there's no smoke without fire. Do you know what my biggest fear is?

Den Perry: Rabies?

Thing is kids do play with fire but these two need to be caught before they experiment with something else and it results in a loss of an innocent life.

They will live close to the ground and their parents neighbours and their mates will know who it is straight away even from that poor picture.

I just hope they tell the authorities before they cause anymore damage or harm because they will.

The other thing that comes from this is that security at Boundary park is poor/ non existent.

I feel sorry for the disabled supporters who sit in the shelter under the box, that is an ideal location for them as at the back of the Rochdale Road end you dont get a good view if people stand and in the chaddy your actually below the pitch. I also feel sorry for the supporter who paid for the extension on the shelter as it all seems a waste of money now!

+100000, Having just behind the disabled bit in the Chaddy (I was on 2 crutches) the view isn't great and it gets worse approaching full time as people stand in front of you (so think about that if you decide to leave early- although its unlikely to be allowed that way on saturday). Those in RRE should be mindful too, I'm more against standing up in sitting areas than I used to be but the disabled section is at the back and they will most likely be unable to stand up so think about it if you sit there and regularly stand up.

As to the box, it is a portakabin, which looked pre furnished bar the table and chairs and the booze, a replacement will probably not be hard to get. I used to sit in the seat that is the on the edge of where the smoke has damaged the window (on the clear side) so I'm glad those scrotes didn't do that a few years ago.

I think its actually better than the one on the main stand side as that one has windows so you can get a feel of the atmosphere, the booze is the same as is the food but they were built as a cost saving measure, to replace the ones which used to be between the main stand paddock and the main stand (which weren't very good either) without realising that if they had been better they would have been used more on non-matchdays (something the new stadium was supposed to improve)